Penguins Merchandise Thread

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
IF you are going to wear sports memorabilia, which i'm not for, a hat like that IS the only thing you should be wearing. It blows my mind when people wear Penguins polos and what not out on the town. You can separate style and fandom. :laugh:
I can understand if you're going to the south side or Lawrenceville or like, a museum or something. But if I'm going to the mall or basically anywhere else, I'll rock my Kuhnhackl shirsey or my pullover or something else Pens related. I'll even wear a baseball jersey if I just need to run a few errands like the grocery store, atm, etc.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The only thing I think is not a great look on an adult is wearing a sports jersey on days other than game days. Pens tees (or movie/music tees, yep I'm that guy...lol) are usually my go-to for casual out and about. Got to show some personality in your wears ;).

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
who is now then?
FWIW I prefer 47 Brand hats, specifically the Franchise line. the medium is a perfect fit for my head.

The last couple of years, it seems like everyone was making NHL hats. Reebok, New Era, Zephyr, 47, Old Time Hockey, Top of the World, etc.

Now it looks like
Adidas, 47, & Fanatics.

Anyone over the age of 30 should not be wearing one of those.

Snapbacks, flat brims, or hats in general?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm packing up a few boxes to make sure storage is safe and i found some of the coolest Pens stuff today. I mean boxes of stuff. Just to mention some:

- Signed Jagr rookie card
- My Lemieux card collection (rookie to 90s. Every card). Many signed.
- Tons of Lemieux pictures signed as I went to his camp every single year. It's like a grade school picture every year getting older next to Mario. :laugh:
- Mike Lange rally dish rag
- The entire 91 and 92 team card sets
- A crap load of jerseys
- A ton of ticket stubs from when i was a kid all the way through the x-gen years. Game day books, too.
- SI editions, newspapers, etc.

But dat lange towel... made me chuckle.
8ada59288e8a89c6950bac8f51c8c807--mike-lange-penguins.jpg

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
:laugh: I'm still 30 for a few more months. I guess I passed the age of 30, but I'll keep wearing through October on the technicality ;)

I just got out of rehab a couple months ago, and literally every middle aged addict wears one. Makes you look like a man child IMO.

But I could be biased. I've never been into hats.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
The last couple of years, it seems like everyone was making NHL hats. Reebok, New Era, Zephyr, 47, Old Time Hockey, Top of the World, etc.

Now it looks like
Adidas, 47, & Fanatics.

Snapbacks, flat brims, or hats in general?

Whatever that pic is. Flat bill straight or folded up.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
IF you are going to wear sports memorabilia, which i'm not for, a hat like that IS the only thing you should be wearing. It blows my mind when people wear Penguins polos and what not out on the town. You can separate style and fandom. :laugh:

I'll stick with jerseys with no nameplates and t-shirts.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
People should wear whatever they like and whatever they feel comfortable in. I spend plenty of time on style during the work week, I'm never going to feel bad about throwing on a Pens shirsey to run to Target or have a beer at Burgatory on a weekend.

pengwins1587

Feb 24, 2014

Have you ever considered that some people like work their fandom into their style sometimes? I live like 2000 miles away from Pittsburgh and I'm lucky if I get to one game a year, if I only ever wore my jerseys to games there'd be no point in owning them.

Obviously everyones style is their own personal preference but I will agree pens branded polo's/formal wear or the team jackets are crazy to wear unless you are actually involved with the team.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
People should wear whatever they like and whatever they feel comfortable in. I spend plenty of time on style during the work week, I'm never going to feel bad about throwing on a Pens shirsey to run to Target or have a beer at Burgatory on a weekend.

Well said. I've never understood statements like "you shouldn't wear a sports jersey if you're an adult". What? I wear football tops on a fairly regular basis. They look good with a pair of shorts and I like them. That's really all there is to it. It's cool if someone else wouldn't feel comfortable wearing that or doesn't think it looks good on them, but it most certainly doesn't reflect a lack of style and I can't fathom why anyone else would find it bothersome.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Holy hell Cole, I had that same Lange towel. I'm not sure where it is now, but I just got a rush of childhood memories.

I almost want to stop by my parents' house and see if I can find it.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well said. I've never understood statements like "you shouldn't wear a sports jersey if you're an adult". What? I wear football tops on a fairly regular basis. They look good with a pair of shorts and I like them. That's really all there is to it. It's cool if someone else wouldn't feel comfortable wearing that or doesn't think it looks good on them, but it most certainly doesn't reflect a lack of style and I can't fathom why anyone else would find it bothersome.

For the record, that wasn't my point of view and I also said I'm personally against it, but my word is not gospel. Fashion is what you want it to be.

My personal pet peeve is when someone's entire wardrobe is sports related. All polos have a steelers/pirates/pens logo. They have sweaters with pens logos. It's okay to leave fandom in the heart and dress up w/o a sports logo. :laugh:

But if you are wearing jeans and a jersey and it isn't gameday, I personally shake my head and chuckle.

Holy hell Cole, I had that same Lange towel. I'm not sure where it is now, but I just got a rush of childhood memories.

I almost want to stop by my parents' house and see if I can find it.

I got some good laughs looking through some x-gen game day booklets. I would recommend making a day of it and going through anything you've kept. Some amazing ticket stubs, memorabilia, etc. Just great stuff. If you find anything unique, let us know.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
For the record, that wasn't my point of view and I also said I'm personally against it, but my word is not gospel. Fashion is what you want it to be.

My personal pet peeve is when someone's entire wardrobe is sports related. All polos have a steelers/pirates/pens logo. They have sweaters with pens logos. It's okay to leave fandom in the heart and dress up w/o a sports logo. :laugh:

But if you are wearing jeans and a jersey and it isn't gameday, I personally shake my head and chuckle.

I wasn't attributing that statement to you, I'd have quoted your post if I were. It's just something I've heard often and it's never made any sense to me as a blanket statement.

I'm with you on sports polos, though. They look incredibly tacky IMO. I don't think going out looking like a compliance officer from my university's athletic department is a great stylistic choice.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada

I got some good laughs looking through some x-gen game day booklets. I would recommend making a day of it and going through anything you've kept. Some amazing ticket stubs, memorabilia, etc. Just great stuff. If you find anything unique, let us know.

I have a Pirates, Penguins and Steelers polo. I have to wear polos at work. It's nice to have a way to support my team in a small way on big game days at work since I can't wear a jersey or anything. All 3 are just small logos on black polos. I didn't realize it could upset people. My bad lol.

Reactions: iamjs

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm angry! :laugh: :sarcasm: Style is what it is. I think you would have a better understanding if you lived in Pittsburgh compared to a city like Montreal. In Pittsburgh - you go to a grocery store and everyone is wearing Penguins/Steelers/Pirates gear all year. Jerseys on non game days, t-shirts even when they go to a bar/dinner, etc. In Montreal, people dress with some sort of care about how they look.

Once again - ALL preference. But I swear people only have closets full of sports gear in Pittsburgh.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm angry! :laugh: :sarcasm: Style is what it is. I think you would have a better understanding if you lived in Pittsburgh compared to a city like Montreal. In Pittsburgh - you go to a grocery store and everyone is wearing Penguins/Steelers/Pirates gear all year. Jerseys on non game days, t-shirts even when they go to a bar/dinner, etc. In Montreal, people dress with some sort of care about how they look.

Once again - ALL preference. But I swear people only have closets full of sports gear in Pittsburgh.
I dunno, going to a grocery store....why not wear Pittsburgh stuff? Who cares what you look like while picking out your ground beef and veggies for taco night?

Fwiw, in my anecdotal experience going out, Pittsburghers don't seem to do that too much if they're going out on the town. Unless they go right
From the game to the south side or something. I DO have a closet full of penguins stuff. But I also have a closet full of nice v-necks, Henleys, button downs, etc.

I definitely understand your point though and it definitely is true for some people. Kinda like the Pittsburgh Dad quote from one of his shorts - "Get down here we're going to church! Put on one of your nice shirts....or your Steelers jersey!"

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

That's because Montreal don't care about the Habs enough unless they are winning... :sarcasm:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm telling you... Montreal has beautiful people. Everyone dressed up. And we were right next to the Bell Center. Damn city is beautiful.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
Fashion is silly.

Fashion (n): A complex system of cultural prejudices codified by second-rate artists doing jobs for which fourth-rate engineers would be better suited. Western fashion appears to have been organized around the philosophical values of impracticality and discomfort, though it would require study by a native of an uncontacted tribal culture to be certain.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You bet, it's a beautiful city.

And yes fashion is big here, but most of the time people over dress though.

Although your winters are brutal. But on a nice summer day, i'll stroll to Olive & Gourmando in Old Montreal annnnny day. Someone grab me a pizza panini.

But honestly people will go out on dates with their gf in khaki shorts and a t-shirt jersey shirt. I hate that. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad