Penguins Merchandise Thread

Slick Arnold

Sponsor
Oct 4, 2005
Has anyone seen an 8x10 of the 2017 Captains with the Prince of Wales trophy for sale? Oddly enough, I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding this.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
After some research, it seems like the new adidas jerseys are kind of a ****show. At least the authentic ones. I'd have to see one in person, but the weird collars, plastic bits, and half-assed iron pressed logo/numbers are awful.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
After some research, it seems like the new adidas jerseys are kind of a ****show. At least the authentic ones. I'd have to see one in person, but the weird collars, plastic bits, and half-assed iron pressed logo/numbers are awful.

They shouldn't even call them authentic. Also for the Pens Adidas jerseys, the customization the team does is terrible and ironed-on. If anyone here gets an Adidas jersey, get it from CoolHockey, IceJerseys or somewhere else that does legit lettering. Or buy a blank and send it out to get customized.

edit: Also random question, but how do you post pictures? My Crosby jersey is finished- I usually use an attachment but my files are too big.

Last edited:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Iron on?!?

Don't those ******** cost something like 200+ dollars?

Yeah apparently PensGear is cheaping out on the customization. It's only PensGear though afaik so I should've specified that. I haven't seen one up close yet but from what I've heard it's not legit at all. So just a warning, if you're gonna get a jersey from PensGear get it blank.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah apparently PensGear is cheaping out on the customization. It's only PensGear though afaik so I should've specified that. I haven't seen one up close yet but from what I've heard it's not legit at all. So just a warning, if you're gonna get a jersey from PensGear get it blank.

I'm not really a jersey guy but man... good lookin' out. That's garbage.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I've read up on the new jerseys over the past day or so, and it appears to be a team-by-team thing. Some teams have this weird iron-pressed garbage stitched on, others have the full on stitched letters/numbers like older jerseys.

Really ****ing weird, man. And there's this odd little plastic nub down on the bottom that's just kinda glued on.

Pretty disappointed in the new jerseys, but whatever. Saves me from stupidly spending hundreds of dollars on a damn shirt. :laugh:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
here she is. I enjoy collecting jerseys but after this one I'm good for a while :laugh: edit: that is a large image...can I decrease the size in any way?

fsCcamH.jpg

L3clzag.jpg

Last edited:

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa
If you bought the official championship DVD, would you recommend it?

I had PVR'd Games 6 of both the Nashville and San Jose series, including the celebration, but need to trade the PVR in. Need a new way to relive the championships. Are the DVDs along the lines of an HBO 24/7 series?

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
They must have made a few of those sets. They sold a bunch when they had the "clean out" sale at the Igloo. I picked up a Roszival from 00-01 for $5, and I see they have 2 more listed in the sets for sale right now.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I have a Pirates, Penguins and Steelers polo. I have to wear polos at work. It's nice to have a way to support my team in a small way on big game days at work since I can't wear a jersey or anything. All 3 are just small logos on black polos. I didn't realize it could upset people. My bad lol.

We're the same way in our office. Button down shirts are often seen as being overdressed, so 90% of the office wear polos and khakis. I have two Penguins polos, but I only wear one of them regularly and is usually on golf night. I had no idea it was so frowned upon.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
3k for a practice facility nameplate? Come on. I know it's for a good cause, but that's ridiculous. $100ish should be all they are worth. Get money flowing for charity but not at an insane unreasonable price.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
We're the same way in our office. Button down shirts are often seen as being overdressed, so 90% of the office wear polos and khakis. I have two Penguins polos, but I only wear one of them regularly and is usually on golf night. I had no idea it was so frowned upon.
Meh. Anyone who gets that upset about what other people wear is trying to give themselves a brain aneurysm, and they deserve what they get.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
3k for a practice facility nameplate? Come on. I know it's for a good cause, but that's ridiculous. $100ish should be all they are worth. Get money flowing for charity but not at an insane unreasonable price.

Agree with you. Sell them individually and they'd make more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad