News Article: Paul Maurice resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Well that's coach number one gone (he inherited Noel). How many does Chevy get?
Good to see him make the move now instead of after the season.
Does Lowry get Scheif to play D half-assed? Does Ehlers pick his game up?

PLD, KC, Ehlers and Scheif all going at the same time would be nice to see.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I found this reference of fathers who have coached their sons in the NHL:

NameFatherSonSeasonsTeam
AbelSidGerry1966-67Detroit Red Wings
DineenBillKevin1991-92,92-93Philadelphia Flyers
GeoffrionBernieDan1979-80Montreal Canadiens
PatrickLesterLynn1934-35 - 1938-39New York Rangers
PatrickLesterMuzz1937-38,38-39New York Rangers
PatrickLynnCraig1974-75St. Louis Blues
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Good work. How about those Patrick's?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
that is for public consumption.....yo have no idea what went on behind the scenes
Certainly not as infallible as your insight to the contrary based on twitter threads from @WorldOfWarcraft6969 :sarcasm:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
You're very close, and I correct not to upbraid, but because it's even better than you remembered it :D

"Self, you're a sick man for trying to make logic of this".

(A statement I've told my own self many a time at the poker table since :P)

Starts at 2:25. Or heck, just play the whole thing, it's awesome :)

some good quotes there

Noel at least didn’t mince words on team performance

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
have to wonder......... a few seasons back, wheeler adamantly stated to media, to paraphrase, he didnt want to play for any other coach....wonder what his thoughts are now, taking into account his contract and age if he still feels the same!

Reactions: hn777

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
He’s doing it to save face… better to be seen retiring than being fired

He's also completely owning up to his lack of ability to do the job as the reason why this was happening, and that it was the best thing for the team that he did so. That takes a profound amount of courage. And even if he was sure to be fired, so what? The people on Flight 93 knew they were sure to die, and yet they gave up their phantom of hope-against-hope, the last thing that could possibly have comforted them, and saved hundreds of lives in the process.

It's not easy to do what Maurice did, even moreso to do it the way he did it.

Reactions: surixon

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
I am very much looking forward to seeing how Scheifele reacts to this.
If we see the old Scheifele back tonight, I think that gives us a little window into what was happening.

never mind 55...how about wheeler....remember his comment about not wanting to play for another coach a few seasons back

Dirtyclapper

Sep 3, 2021
North Van
Last thing I'll say on this for now.. Seems like this could be a really bad ending with Adam Lowry leaving the jets eventually because of a move for me that looks very unprofessional. Like peewee hockey shit. I'll try to not be too negative but I got a bad feeling.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Well that's coach number one gone (he inherited Noel). How many does Chevy get?
Good to see him make the move now instead of after the season.
Does Lowry get Scheif to play D half-assed? Does Ehlers pick his game up?

PLD, KC, Ehlers and Scheif all going at the same time would be nice to see.
Well, since one Christmas Miracle already happened (PoMo is gone), why not hope for another Miracle while we're at it...

Reactions: 10Ducky10 and rkp

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
More than likely true
gtqtarpd70y71.jpg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am very much looking forward to seeing how Scheifele reacts to this.
If we see the old Scheifele back tonight, I think that gives us a little window into what was happening.

There is no shield any longer, of they don't turn it around and his play doesn't improve people will be looking squarely at him.

Reactions: rkp

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Certainly not as infallible as your insight to the contrary based on twitter threads from @Cthat is for public consumption....you have no idea what went behind the scenes:sarcasm:

Certainly not as infallible as your insight to the contrary based on twitter threads from @WorldOfWarcraft6969 :sarcasm:

lol...wow...ur mr goto guy on facts....ooopps sorry i meant rumormongering

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He's also completely owning up to his lack of ability to do the job as the reason why this was happening, and that it was the best thing for the team that he did so. That takes a profound amount of courage. And even if he was sure to be fired, so what? The people on Flight 93 knew they were sure to die, and yet they gave up their phantom of hope-against-hope, the last thing that could possibly have comforted them, and saved hundreds of lives in the process.

Yup he came out and took accountability and did it infront of everyone.

I respect that a lot. Not everyone can admit their mistakes.

As mentioned earlier I hope he lands on his feet whenever he wants to. Or if he wishes to retire now and enjoy his life with his family then I wish him well doing that.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011

r u seriously equating what the people did on that flight to what mo did today....where is ur head at....they died for a reason that was more justifiable than what pomo did.........pomo didnt put his life on the line today!!!!!!....give ur head ashake!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad