Player Discussion: Patrik Laine Part VII: Eliitti! - Mod Warning Post #79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
My point is if we look at it in baby steps for the jets to make the playoffs would be enough but I'm hoping they not only make the playoffs but win the first two rounds. One small step for Jets one giant leap for Jetkind

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Jets' Patrik Laine has uncanny ability to score using same shootout move - Sportsnet.ca

Hmm... undoubtly it will work in the future too. To some degree. But how about inventing something new.

You haven’t probably watched him play in Liiga then? He had another move where he scores with a nice forehand move. Scored with almost all of those too. A great goalie like Ville Husso was completely fooled by that move for example. Laine just seems to be simply great in shootouts and would probably be that in breakaways in general, if he would ever get them. But he plays just so darn responsibly defensively, especially positionwise, that he will maybe even never get a breakaway, if he continues playing in the similar way.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
In my experience winning comes in steps. Players, owners and managers transition from also rans to competitors and sometimes champions by building a strong base and making the necessary transitions. If you think they go from out of the playoffs to SC winners in a year I suggest that you don't know as much about winning as you think.

The great thing about this forum is everybody gets to strut their stuff. Being right is not necessary. We all get an opinion.
Otherwise good post from you, but you did a bit misinterpret what I really meant. I don’t mean that they would necessarily be with any kind of coaching winning the cup already this year. But with the way that they are playing, I don’t see them even as any kind of contender. And with the roster that the Jets have and with a good coach I seriously believe that they should already be at least a serious contender, which doesn’t yet mean that they could be really winning the cup yet.

Even if I agree partially with how you pointed out how winning is often about building a solid foundation and taking gradually the right steps towards becoming a true champion, I have to still point out that how I have seen the Jets play this season does not convince me at all in them taking really those right steps. I just don’t simply believe that this kind of mediocre and conservative play will ever lead into becoming even a legitimate cup contender, and I will blame Maurice, if and when it will go like that.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
Who the f*** are you

what's your name?? whats your name?!

lolllll love it. more of this please

i like that he's cocky. not a fan of the winnipeg market and culture shaping him into this "good boy" who is so respectful and perfect. f*** that kid is an allstar :thumbu:

when he's playing with an edge you know he's on his game, whether it be jawing the other team or mixing it up in front of the net. good to see his confidence showing through like this. when he's timid and not feeling it is when you know he's feeling down on himself and that's not good for anybody. this is the good stuff though :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Who the **** are you

Seppänen is tweeting (tongue on his cheek) that if you read that scouting report and really pay attention to that you don't need to ask players who the f*** they are...

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Laine right place, right time tonight. Finally a goal in which all 3 get points. That's how lines start getting hot, get the ugly ones to get going, but eventually start meshing. They created a lot of chances, and potential for chances, but some better decisions could be made. Laine is passing when I want him to try a shot, Little is shooting when he could try a pass, Ehlers is skating to fast for his own good lol.

But where before they would do these things and not get anything done, now they're actually getting chances and starting to convert. Ehlers seems to be finding his game again, Little set Laine up in the slot a couple times this game. Hopefully they continue to improve, because if this line gets going, oh **** watch out.

Also, Laine's dedication to good defensive positioning is stellar.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Lmao idk if anyone else caught this but here's Laine chirping someone on the Flyers. :laugh:

"Who the **** are you? What's your name? What's your name?"

Edit: Guess i should have looked earlier in the thread to see if it had been posted already :laugh:

Last edited:

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
I think Laine scored a goal with his groin.

He was also playing a great defensive game.

I think this is why Lindell said you don't want to try to get in Laine's head. He just enjoys it, and he will hit you where it hurts. "who the **** are you?"

Brilliant game from the kid, and the best game in the season from the line, even with the glaringly obvious mismatch in chemistry.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Laine is AWESOME , at is human self he is a point per game player.

Next year he should be unleash to be the VIKING GOD ( as someone mentioned ) that he is destined to be.

The HAMMER GOD

Go Laine.

So HAPPY

4 freakin solid lines.

I'm ok not to change it, KEEP 4th line Perrault with Armia and Lowry as the shutdown line.
in the bottom 6.
Almost all teams will have no answer for this.
our top 6 D core is load to handle also, got to give them credit. They are healthy. Looks like Buff is turning into believer, less pinches more defense. Winning does this to everybody.

Oh LAINE is AWESONE. Who the F are you?

GO JETS GO!!!

Reactions: Ippenator

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Patrik Laine at his ok game has a 7 point streak .

Still waiting for that monster game.
Where the whole Nhl takes notice.

Statement game .
This kid can do it.
Well he got the assist on Shefs goal but if you look at the replay he did NOT deserve an assist!!! He passed to Wheeler, who then passed to Sheff, when Sheifele should have scored on the pass from wheeler!!! but the shef passed to wheeler who then passed to shef for the goal, too many passes and Laine had no busiess gettin an assist... so tell me I wrong!

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Well he got the assist on Shefs goal but if you look at the replay he did NOT deserve an assist!!! He passed to Wheeler, who then passed to Sheff, when Sheifele should have scored on the pass from wheeler!!! but the shef passed to wheeler who then passed to shef for the goal, too many passes and Laine had no busiess gettin an assist... so tell me I wrong!
I think this kind of situation leads in practically every case to the first passer to get an assist too. I think that is how the rule is, but does someone know about this accurately? I’m just basing this on something I heard a long time ago, and have seen happen all the time in games.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
I think this kind of situation leads in practically every case to the first passer to get an assist too. I think that is how the rule is, but does someone know about this accurately? I’m just basing this on something I heard a long time ago, and have seen happen all the time in games.
Yeah that's correct. Even if there is a give and go type of play, the previous player to pass it to those two will still get an assist.

Reactions: Ippenator

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice

Uhhmmm sorry wrong about what? That Laine shouldn't had an assist?

Question: What happened if Laine didn't pass to Wheeler?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

That has always been considered an assist...

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
It looks like Laine has found another gear which is nice and it should only help him to have a strong finish to the season.

I can't wait for Laine to make some noice in the playoffs. I expect him to be play his best hockey of his career out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad