Player Discussion: Patrik Laine Part VII: Eliitti! - Mod Warning Post #79

Status
Not open for further replies.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
I think the goalies do their research, which is why they seem incredulous when the damn thing goes their pads! Elliot's reaction last night I feel reflects this. a Sort of "well what the hell do I do with that!?" sort of reaction.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
One rumour from the summer is that Scheifele doesn't want Laine on his wing.

I am starting to buy into that one. Laine loses posession a lot and Scheifele looked visibly frustrated on at least a couple of occasions recently.

That's pretty silly on a couple of different levels:

1) Laine is by far Scheifele's most effective line-mate who boosts his own stats the most, so in a professional sense that would be stupid.

2) Scheifele is going to be team's next captain and he would go out and say that he doesn't want to play with the new 18yo rookie because he is making mistakes. Way to go "captain".

3) If Maurice has a drop of professionalism in him, he, and he alone is in charge of the line-up because the team needs to play to the best of their ability. Not let his minions dictate the roster. I get it if there is a legitimate problem, but "I don't feel like playing with a certain player" is not one of them.

4) Wheeler is not really an improvement considering defensive mistakes and fumbling the puck, at least so far in this season.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that is the case though.

SirKlaus

Nov 8, 2017
he sure looks like zz top at the moment

Maybe not yet, but if he chooses top keep growing it until full Joe...

2n15av4.gif

RUFF!

Last edited:

Couchcaptain

Nov 11, 2016
Lost in the wilderness
Who are those, that are placing Laine's individual statistical success over the Jets?

PS. I usually do 't read messages by "the hockey professor" and an another troll, so they might have put Laine's individual success over the team success.

What!? Why miss all the fun. Like being a sober in parties where everyone else is getting hammered.
Ive been laughing my ass off to some of his posts. A truly delight he is. Like a small moment of sunshine in the darkness. :handclap:

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Where did the "Scheifele doesn't wanna play with Laine" rumour start even? I have never heard of it. They scored a lot together so I doubt Scheifs would be frustrated. Maybe because he was doing a lot of the board work where with Wheeler, Wheeler does a lot too? But that's not enough imo.

Listening to interviews, I think if anything, it's a lot less Scheifele doesn't want to play with Laine and a lot more Scheifele wants to play with Wheeler.

Still no reason he can't play with both.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Because it is important to change what you are doing when you are winning so,that you can get a different result?

I work in a mid size company i pretty much is the top guy after the ownership group.

Our company had good 4 years run so far. I attribute it similar to winning.

During those years not all our departments were firing on all cylinder.

End point is, don't change but tweak to get more and better performance as a whole.

I only wish for Maurice to raise the cup here.
But i believe he lasted in the league this long because he knows how to make "key" guys feel good. The decision makers in the team. Inside the locker room .

Im so happy the team is winning. But there is still a lot of things that might help to improve the performance better as a whole.

The good thing here is the most important part of this success, he doesnt need to change.

Which is Hellybuck. And as a whole the top 6 dcore.

The forwards if im not mistaken. Before he change period to period to get a line going.

But that was our complain before here :)

Its good thing im not Maurice and just an armchair coach, as for sure he had a lot of pressure and he knows his job was on the line.

Oh that patrik laine kid is just awesome.
I really want him to score 1 or 2 goals next game. So he passes Matthews.
Then i will probably see in the main board that matthews still better at goal scoring cause he played less games :) .

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Because it is important to change what you are doing when you are winning so,that you can get a different result?
If you get all lines working you will win even more. And when you are a one line team relying completely on smoking hot goaltending, you are due to having some horrible losing streaks at some point of the season. Why not make your team a real powerhouse when you have the roster to do it, instead of scraping up lucky wins with your hot goalie.

I would like to see the Jets become a Stanley Cup champion. Getting to the playoffs is not that special if you are not a contender quality of a team. And with the play and the deployment that the Jets have had this season, they are definitely not any kind of a contender. Why settle with mediocre play when you could really make an absolute powerhouse team? Well, because of Maurice of course!

Reactions: Couchcaptain

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
If you get all lines working you will win even more. And when you are a one line team relying completely on smoking hot goaltending, you are due to having some horrible losing streaks at some point of the season. Why not make your team a real powerhouse when you have the roster to do it, instead of scraping up lucky wins with your hot goalie.

I would like to see the Jets become a Stanley Cup champion. Getting to the playoffs is not that special if you are not a contender quality of a team. And with the play and the deployment that the Jets have had this season, they are definitely not any kind of a contender. Why settle with mediocre play when you could really make an absolute powerhouse team? Well, because of Maurice of course!
In my experience winning comes in steps. Players, owners and managers transition from also rans to competitors and sometimes champions by building a strong base and making the necessary transitions. If you think they go from out of the playoffs to SC winners in a year I suggest that you don't know as much about winning as you think.

The great thing about this forum is everybody gets to strut their stuff. Being right is not necessary. We all get an opinion.

Reactions: Ippenator

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
In my experience winning comes in steps. Players, owners and managers transition from also rans to competitors and sometimes champions by building a strong base and making the necessary transitions. If you think they go from out of the playoffs to SC winners in a year I suggest that you don't know as much about winning as you think.

The great thing about this forum is everybody gets to strut their stuff. Being right is not necessary. We all get an opinion.
Ottawa and Nashville say otherwise.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Did I miss something?

When did either of these teams become Cup winners?
It just seems like by that notion of stages Ottawa should have just won one series three years ago. Then made the conference finals the next year. Then made the finals last year. Instead Ottawa went from a team that hadn't made the playoffs for years to being in the finals. Yes, they did not win it but it was not as gradual as you make it out to be.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
It just seems like by that notion of stages Ottawa should have just won one series three years ago. Then made the conference finals the next year. Then made the finals last year. Instead Ottawa went from a team that hadn't made the playoffs for years to being in the finals. Yes, they did not win it but it was not as gradual as you make it out to be.

I don't know what you're referring to. The last ( and only) Cup final the Sens played was 06-07, which was the 10th straight year they had qualified for the playoffs.

If you mean the Preds, they have made the playoffs the past 3 seasons and 10 of the last 13 seasons.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yep but the Nasville Preds had never made the conference finals before. They not only made it they won it. Before that in the last 5 years they had only made the second round once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad