Confirmed with Link: Panthers Sign Patrick Bajkov 3-Year ELC

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
What's his style of game? Best assets/biggest weakness? Is he fast? What would you say his upside is?

High IQ playmaker with a precise shot as well. Biggest assets would be his powerplay skills, his passing, and his rocket of a shot. He's not the fastest guy on the ice but he's far from slow, his talent really lies in his stickhandling rather than his skating (not that his skating is bad.) He'll probably be one of those middle six guys who puts up 0.5 PPG in the NHL. Comparisons would be Patrick Kane, Spezza, Ribeiro, or Backstrom (in terms of play style, not skill/production)

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I don't know, super overager having been 20 for most of this season, whls crazy scoring this year, not crazy numbers and certainly not crazy goal numbers. doesn't seem like much to be excited about, but whatever, we had nothing to lose here.

Watch him play. You'd be surprised how skilled he is. He never really had the best supporting class in Everett besides Fonteyne.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Since im always the sceptical one in this Forum. The first thing that comes into my Head. Why does 31 Teams pass on him also after get into a prospect Camp.
It´s not that the Vegas Golden Knights have already more Prospect as they could need.
There always the big promising Kid, 3 Years ago it was Hunt great Goal Scorer but undrafted, people gave hi high celling. He is still young but doesnt expect much out of him.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Weren’t you crying that Glenn gawdin players won’t come here?
yea and still am. cause hes no glenn gawdin. that would be like me saying that trading for vatrano wont put us over the edge in the playoff race and u coming in and saying, werent u the one crying that we never spend the cap and bring in radulovs? just zero comparison. also dont use crying. no one serious says that anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Watch him play. You'd be surprised how skilled he is. He never really had the best supporting class in Everett besides Fonteyne.
yea i know everetts no offensive powerhouse but good scorers find a way to get it done even if all by their lonesome. hes even overage for an overager and his points and especially goals just dont jump off the page. his team would have to be insanely bad to make those numbers look nhl worthy at his age. pretty sure he'll be an AHL'er. but like i said u of course never know with late bloomers and so we risk nothing as we dont have that many contracts anyway.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
yea and still am. cause hes no glenn gawdin. that would be like me saying that trading for vatrano wont put us over the edge in the playoff race and u coming in and saying, werent u the one crying that we never spend the cap and bring in radulovs? just zero comparison. also dont use crying. no one serious says that anymore.
Oh please Jacob you made a bad comparison and I called you out on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chaos2k7

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Since im always the sceptical one in this Forum. The first thing that comes into my Head. Why does 31 Teams pass on him also after get into a prospect Camp.
It´s not that the Vegas Golden Knights have already more Prospect as they could need.
There always the big promising Kid, 3 Years ago it was Hunt great Goal Scorer but undrafted, people gave hi high celling. He is still young but doesnt expect much out of him.

Batting already insinuated there were teams other than the Panthers trying to sign him. Realistically we don’t know, but we also can’t say for sure that none of the 30 other teams were interested in him. Looks like a solid risk worth taking. There’s definitely some potential here. Hopefully it works out better than Hunt, although I don’t think Hunt is a lost cause yet. I thought he looked decent in his short time with the Panthers.

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Batting already insinuated there were teams other than the Panthers trying to sign him. Realistically we don’t know, but we also can’t say for sure that none of the 30 other teams were interested in him. Looks like a solid risk worth taking. There’s definitely some potential here. Hopefully it works out better than Hunt, although I don’t think Hunt is a lost cause yet. I thought he looked decent in his short time with the Panthers.
Hunt is over 0.75 PPG in the AHL, having just played a bit over his 100th professional game, we will see him again in camp next year.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

That is sure you never know if other 30 Teams were not interested in him.
But you can say none of the Team pick him in the Draft. Okay when you look on player we picked missed in Draft. It looks more to me the Panther Organisation take the risk and our AHL Team could need any help.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Not impressed but at least the AHL squad gets a bit of skill for the next season and onwards.

Not impressed? We literally just added a prospect to our organization for free basically. After all the bad drafting, it’s the least we could do.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I live an hour away from Everett, but I live just like a block from the Thunderbirds arena and we probably will play the Silvertips in the playoffs. I'll probably go to a game and be on the lookout for mini Barkov.

Reactions: Depch

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
To suggest that the only reason we got him is because the rest of the league didn’t want him is quite possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

To be fair would the Panthers in rebuild mode, the first Team you will choose. You would pass on Teams like Toronto, LA, Pens, Chicago, Detroit, San Jose, St.Louis, Washington and other PO Teams in the run for a Player.

I ask you. Are you really believing this?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
To be fair would the Panthers in rebuild mode, the first Team you will choose. You would pass on Teams like Toronto, LA, Pens, Chicago, Detroit, San Jose, St.Louis, Washington and other PO Teams in the run for a Player.

Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Washington and LA are terrible cities. Pittsburgh and Toronto are cold. So that leaves San Jose, which would have been a good option along with Florida.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Not sure what you're asking.

All i'm saying is that whoever thinks we were the only team that wanted him is wrong

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Washington and LA are terrible cities. Pittsburgh and Toronto are cold. So that leaves San Jose, which would have been a good option along with Florida.
How are Chicago and LA terrible cities? St Louis and Washington aren't exactly bad either.

I think fans overestimate a players desire to play in the NHL versus living in a city.

Shouldn't the location of the AHL team factor more if we're talking location sine he's more likely to end up there?

I'd also consider team's ability to develop prospects, recent success with prospects, and depth in farm system more than city.

Reactions: batting1k

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad