Confirmed with Link: Panthers Sign Patrick Bajkov 3-Year ELC

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
yea well this happened to be a guy from juniors so I mentioned juniors. so sorry. let me restructure it to ur liking: why can't the panthers ever sign an awesome undrafted prospect ever? satisfied? and will a real answer be forthcoming? I suspect not because I can't picture u actually coming to terms with the reality of what the logical answer would seem to be. both are bad. either management has been and is completely unable to scout them and woo them properly, or no one wants to play here. an option C is hard to fathom here.
Because there's 30 other teams that are technically on the same playing field (whether there's teams with an internal budget or/and management with unwillingness to go above <X> amount of performance bonuses, is a different story) when it comes to signing entry level contracts. We don't have any sort of competitive edge in that regard, other than saying "well you might end up playing with Barkov or Trocheck one day if things work out".

Short answer is that we've never had a very good AHL team (average at best), or a track record of developing NHL players from the minor league level. That is the main thing that a player who's bound for the AHL is going to look at, other than the potential role he could have with the team.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Because there's 30 other teams that are technically on the same playing field (whether there's teams with an internal budget or/and management with unwillingness to go above <X> amount of performance bonuses, is a different story) when it comes to signing entry level contracts. We don't have any sort of competitive edge in that regard, other than saying "well you might end up playing with Barkov or Trocheck one day if things work out".

Short answer is that we've never had a very good AHL team (average at best), or a track record of developing NHL players from the minor league level. That is the main thing that a player who's bound for the AHL is going to look at, other than the potential role he could have with the team.
we actually have a major edge in ELCs. no state tax. that is absolutely massive for a player that doesn't know if he'll get another contract. so that leads me to believe players don't wanna play here. at least the ones that would go straight into our lineup and actually play in florida. its sad for us cause its made other teams better at our expense like butcher to nj. we probably make the playoffs if that doesn't happen. painful.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
that sunglasses emoji would embarrass u in a few yrs if u even remembered these comments which u conveniently wont.

Well based on your expectations of players, every player/prospect we have is an embarassment. It's your world Jakey, we're just living in it. Few can predict the future, I wish I had your gift.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Don't really understand how anyone can criticize a free prospect who has done well even as an older player. Our AHL team can use all the help it can get.

We gave up nothing to get him. Other teams had interest. It's a good move.
absolutely preposterous. noones criticizing the move. I would easily have signed him too. I was simply asking why we can never sign awesome undrafted prospects (he's not awesome but possibly serviceable) like other teams seem to be able to do. maybe if we got the zuccs, butchers, johnsons, panarins, st louis's wed be in the playoffs more than 5 times ever.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
absolutely preposterous. noones criticizing the move. I would easily have signed him too. I was simply asking why we can never sign awesome undrafted prospects (he's not awesome but possibly serviceable) like other teams seem to be able to do. maybe if we got the zuccs, butchers, johnsons, panarins, st louis's wed be in the playoffs more than 5 times ever.
We signed Dadonov. (?)

We also signed Yandle.

We can sign quality free agents. Not sure why they need to be undrafted. Seems more of a way to create a categorization for a complaint.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
we drafted dadonov. wanna start posting relevence? try it ever.
You're trying to complain about a subset of free agency because you know we don't have a problem signing free agents. It's a stupid and unnecessary categorization to cry about.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
we drafted dadonov. wanna start posting relevence? try it ever.
And he was somehow not a KHL player overseas, not currently playing for the oganization or bound to come back. And he chose to do so?

Yep, pretty much kills your entire train of thought.

How many team boards are lamenting missing on Daddy now? Is there a JakeyBonz on each board? LOL.

Reactions: RainingRats

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
And he was somehow not a KHL player overseas, not currently playing for the oganization or bound to come back. And he chose to do so?

Yep, pretty much kills your entire train of thought.

How many team boards are lamenting missing on Daddy now? Is there a JakeyBonz on each board? LOL.
if u mean r there sane people on every board I assume so. u make it sound like I said we've never signed a good free agent ever. we don't seem to make a habit of it and we've certainly never spent the cap on them. that is a major part of why we lose. unless u think daddy was enough and ur cool with missing the playoffs for the billionth time. u might like losing. u seem to in arguments with me...

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
if u mean r there sane people on every board I assume so. u make it sound like I said we've never signed a good free agent ever. we don't seem to make a habit of it and we've certainly never spent the cap on them. that is a major part of why we lose. unless u think daddy was enough and ur cool with missing the playoffs for the billionth time. u might like losing. u seem to in arguments with me...
Give me a franchise that is known to yearly attract every top free agent. Go ahead. Yearly.

We have been very active in the last few season, in comparison to most franchises. For a team that hasnt iced a consistent winner in a long time, we have done well. Its pretty funny you are trying to deny this.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Signing this kid to a contract has 0% to do with our missing the playoffs, pull on free agents, undrafted rookies or what we needed this season.

We sign top prospects, top UFAs, International FAs, just like any other team. Has it worked? Not yet. But that is a long long ways away to what you try to imply in every complaint.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Give me a franchise that is known to yearly attract every top free agent. Go ahead. Yearly.

We have been very active of the last few season. Its pretty funny you are rtying to deny this.
its pretty funny u aren't denying it. u seriously must be joking. what u just did was the following: I said the panthers are midgets, and u say oh yea? show me someone else that's 8000 feet tall.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
its pretty funny u aren't denying it. u seriously must be joking. what u just did was the following: I said the panthers are midgets, and u say oh yea? show me someone else that's 8000 feet tall.
Outlandish statement, rebuttal, switch lanes on said statement. Rinse repeat.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Signing this kid to a contract has 0% to do with our missing the playoffs, pull on free agents, undrafted rookies or what we needed this season.

We sign top prospects, top UFAs, International FAs, just like any other team. Has it worked? Not yet. But that is a long long ways away to what you try to imply in every complaint.
we do not do it at nearly the level of other teams. if u think we could pull in a panarin from russia, u just don't know what's going on in hockey.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
we do not do it at nearly the level of other teams. if u think we could pull in a panarin from russia, u just don't know what's going on in hockey.
We pulled Dadonov. Name me another player coming over from the KHL recently that has done better than those two? You cant. So I guess we are better than 29 other franchises based on that logic, lol.

Even Vegas whiffed this past offseason. No no, you are right though, we are grossly underperforming.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Then name me another team other than Chicago or Florida thats also doing this. Should be easy, with your vast knowledge of current NHL and International FA landscapes.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Patrick Bajkov is a skilled undrafted free agent that could have chosen a number of different routes. He chose to sign here, just like many other FAs before him. Could he possibly play ONE professional game before you bless us with his career sumation?

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Then name me another team other than Chicago or Florida thats also doing this. Should be easy, with your vast knowledge of current NHL and International FA landscapes.
radulov. just wrong. and easily proven wrong in a split second. ur right, that was easy. this isn't fun. its barely sportsmanlike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad