Panarin to the Blackhawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I know, I am looking for the ignore function if there is one. Kane can win series, games, whatever you want. Top player in the league and the crying.

What can we cry about with Crosby? Ovie? I mean why are people so negative all the time.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'll have to try and find it at some point. But I do remeber reading that in 2013 Stan was close to a deal in the middle of the season on Bicks 2mil/2years and McD wanted to hold off until summer for more media attention over the summer months. No one would have had a problem with Bicks remaining on this team at 2x2. Regardless I would bet McD had alot to do with Bickell being brought back aswell. I'm sure he diddnt want a playoff hero walking in free agency.

It wasn't McD that nixed the 2 million dollar deal mid-season, it was Bickell and his agent.

He was having a great year in 2013, and was confident his value would be higher at the end of the year. He bet on himself and it paid off.

I wouldn't be shocked if McD had some input on signing Bickell, but at the end of the day it is Stan's job to make the call. If the president is calling the shots over the GM, then that's a major issue.

I found this video pretty telling when I watched it:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/chicago-blackhawks-hockey-renaissance/

Note the emphasis on the idea that part of what sent the Blackhawks into a spiral was losing the popular players fans identified with.

Note the emphasis by McD on continuity. The idea of keeping the names and faces around for as long as possible.

It wouldn't shock me if that mindset sort of influenced the decision making in the summer of 2013, after the exodus following 2010 and the loss of so many faces.

Just a thought.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
It's not about points, it's about outscoring your opponents. In order to do that you need to score AND defend. Nobody questions Kane's ability to score, but everyone should question his defensive zone effort as well as his risk/versus reward instincts. The SH goal against last night was a prime example of Kane "being Kane". He tries some ******** flash maneuver along the boards, turns it over, and it ends up in a 2 on 1 and in the back of our net. He simply doesn't understand when to can the flash and when it's needed to make a high percentage play. TT hasn't even been here a year, yet it's apparent he has superior instincts to Kane. Three games might be premature but I've already seen enough from Panarin to suggest he's superior in this regard as well.

It's rather disgusting how overvalued players like Kane and Stamkos are in this league. It's not that they aren't great players, but many consistently rate them over two-way talents because they put up elite point production. Often that production comes at the expense of better defensive play and that routinely negates much of their contributions.

When Kane isn't scoring he he's basically a black hole. TT and likely Panarin? You can see their value in other areas on the ice.

I think both Kane and Toews are overpaid, but Toews' overall superiority makes his number palatable. Kane? He's a one-dimensional player who's paid like a two-way superstar. If it came down to keeping Kane at that number OR locking up both Panarin and TT to long term deals I'll take the latter every time. In a year's (if even that) time there's a great chance that both will individually be better overall players than Kane. Combined? It's not even close.

I really don't see it with Teuvo the way you do. I actually agree with most of what you're saying about Kane and do find him over valued, the fact he makes the same as Toews seems like poor asset management to me, but I don't see Teuvo winning enough puck battles to really ever be a major factor defensively/without the puck. He does have good instincts, a good stick, but he just isn't intense or strong enough on the puck for me. The thing that makes guys like Toews, Bergeron, Zetterberg, Kopitar so valuable is that they almost always come out of the corner or off the wall with the puck (as evidence by consistently great possession numbers), I just don't see Teuvo ever becoming that kind of player. I think he basically becomes a very poor man's Kane with better defense, but not enough to overtake Kane in what I envision will be a career as a totally different tier of scorer.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
:laugh: Actually this shows your lack of hockey understanding.

Kane does that **** ALL the time and that was just another in a long list of examples. The fact that this was late in an already determined outcome is rather irrelevant. Just because it didn't matter (this time) doesn't mean that he should be doing that. It just reinforces his inability to make those judgments.

You are wrong.

Foltronic

Jan 21, 2015
Hey, is this guy for real? Does he have a good track record health wise and is he a viable top 6er in a deep pool? He's available as a free agent in my standard format fantasy league and I'd be dropping Dubinsky to get him. Your thoughts please.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The kid will be a star. Him and Kane are the next great duo in the league. Kind of ridiculous that 3 cups in this is the most talented linemates Kane has played with since 2010.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Hey, is this guy for real? Does he have a good track record health wise and is he a viable top 6er in a deep pool? He's available as a free agent in my standard format fantasy league and I'd be dropping Dubinsky to get him. Your thoughts please.

Yes, the Breadman is for real. Take him or you'll deeply regret it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It's gotta be killing BWC knowing that the awful Bowman brought this kid in.

I have never complained or had problem with UDFA route he takes

Infact I like it as it is basically taking chance with no risk. Sometimes it works (TVR + Panarin) and sometimes it doesn't (Leblanc and Carey)

Its other blunders by Stan that are issue

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Every single post of BWC's is about "Stan's blunder".

Well #5 is a massive blunder on Stanley's part. A blunder he continues to make worse by refusing to accept reality of how terrible #5 is

And I still think this offseason was completely bungled by Stanley especially holding onto Sharp at draft and watching market vanish for him as teams went out and acquired other players instead

And 2010 was massive failure and 2011 no longer looks like amazing draft we thought it was

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Kane takes chances and I get that you don't like that Zac but that same player that you say is over valued carried the Hawks for long stretches before he got hurt. Players like that are few and far between in the NHL. For every mistake he makes trying to create offense you get even more offensive opportunities and you take that every day and pay him what he is paid.

JD - Kane is one of those players that the number don't really tell the actual story.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well #5 is a massive blunder on Stanley's part. A blunder he continues to make worse by refusing to accept reality of how terrible #5 is

And I still think this offseason was completely bungled by Stanley especially holding onto Sharp at draft and watching market vanish for him as teams went out and acquired other players instead

And 2010 was massive failure and 2011 no longer looks like amazing draft we thought it was

Do you know what massive means? Massive would be 5-6 million not 1 million that can be sent down and the salary (minus 50k) is completely off the books. You focus on these little things that will not make or break our season and it makes no sense. Ruudblad has turned out to be a dud but one that really has no sizable influence on the team. You will bring up the second rounder but we barely have room on our roster for our first round draft picks. It was a miss.

Stan knows hockey and honestly you are clueless with you constant bashing on Stan. How many times do you have to look stupid before you actually stop? Don't say "when he stops making dumb moves" you wouldn't know a good move if it hit you in the face. Didn't you say we should be sellers last year? Oh wait you did.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
Didn't you say we should be sellers last year? Oh wait you did.

In his defense so did a lot of people (including me). If those people had known Kane would be back for the first game of the playoffs (and not the WCF at the earliest like some projected after the injury) they probably would have had a different perspective.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
In his defense so did a lot of people (including me). If those people had known Kane would be back for the first game of the playoffs (and not the WCF at the earliest like some projected after the injury) they probably would have had a different perspective.

Why on earth would you sell if you are clearly in the playoffs and have the talent to win a series or two even without Kane? It makes 0 sense. We would of been sellers and would STILL of had the cap issues.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Do you know what massive means? Massive would be 5-6 million not 1 million that can be sent down and the salary (minus 50k) is completely off the books. You focus on these little things that will not make or break our season and it makes no sense. Ruudblad has turned out to be a dud but one that really has no sizable influence on the team. You will bring up the second rounder but we barely have room on our roster for our first round draft picks. It was a miss.

Stan knows hockey and honestly you are clueless with you constant bashing on Stan. How many times do you have to look stupid before you actually stop? Don't say "when he stops making dumb moves" you wouldn't know a good move if it hit you in the face. Didn't you say we should be sellers last year? Oh wait you did.

Rundblad very much almost unraveled the Hawks playoffs

Thankfully we had a 40 yr old corpse , Rozy , Journeyman playing in Europe and a rookie to all perform better then him in playoffs and save season

Also rewarding him with raise and 2 year deal has certainly hurt Hawks cap situation and roster at this point this season

So when Stanley screws up we are supposed to ignore it? Sorry but he is GM and when he screws up he needs to be called out on it

Interesting take you have though ,, I assume you never once complain about Q and his coaching? I mean 3 cups and he knows hockey so how dare you ever say anything bad about Mustache Man

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Thankfully we had a 40 yr old corpse , Rozy , Journeyman playing in Europe and a rookie to all perform better then him in playoffs and save season

Also rewarding him with raise and 2 year deal has certainly hurt Hawks cap situation and roster at this point this season

So when Stanley screws up we are supposed to ignore it? Sorry but he is GM and when he screws up he needs to be called out on it

Interesting take you have though ,, I assume you never once complain about Q and his coaching? I mean 3 cups and he knows hockey so how dare you ever say anything bad about Mustache Man

The contract is not a burden to our cap for the reason I have already listed. I also stated that Rundblad was a mistake but one that you can hit and has .01% issue to with our cap standing.

You have seen my posts for long enough to know that I am critical of everyone. The difference is that I am realistic about know what I am talking about for the most part (I am wrong just like everyone else some times too).

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
Why on earth would you sell if you are clearly in the playoffs and have the talent to win a series or two even without Kane? It makes 0 sense. We would of been sellers and would STILL of had the cap issues.

Because we didn't IMHO have the talent to make it to the WCF without Kane. I seriously doubt the Hawks would have gotten past the Preds without Kane.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Because we didn't IMHO have the talent to make it to the WCF without Kane. I seriously doubt the Hawks would have gotten past the Preds without Kane.

The problem with that theory is that we did have the talent to make it that far. If you look at our roster with the addition of Vermette we had the ability to win but the margin for error was much smaller because Kane provides the team with offensive firepower.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014

I would count out a team that still has a healthy Toews and Keith with a pretty darn good supporting cast.

The problem with that theory is that we did have the talent to make it that far. If you look at our roster with the addition of Vermette we had the ability to win but the margin for error was much smaller because Kane provides the team with offensive firepower.

Pretty much this.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

593.gif

Are you kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad