Panarin to the Blackhawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
It is good for players. it will be unfair if 18 yo must outscore 25 yo pro player
Panara may win hart:laugh: :sarcasm::D

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm probably biased but maybe not since we've won three cups, but there isn't another team's style that I like as much as ours. Offensively, the system the Hawks use to control the puck coupled with the talent on the roster makes for some really exciting hockey.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Tik a former draft pick? Wait, are the Hawks and Yotes one in the same? If so, Vermette get yo ass back over here and bring OEL with you!

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
I'm probably biased but maybe not since we've won three cups, but there isn't another team's style that I like as much as ours. Offensively, the system the Hawks use to control the puck coupled with the talent on the roster makes for some really exciting hockey.

There's that, then there's Kings hockey. :laugh:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
He's been really close several times the last few games. Still making plays, and I think points are going to come in bunches with this kid, similar to Kane.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Well, he did get an assist on tonight's loan tally.

Way to keep at a PPG average Breadman!

TeamlessWatcher

Mar 13, 2008
Holy crap this guy is talented. Half the highlights for this game are him making plays. He could've easily had 3 points tonight again.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
True dat. He had a couple of really good shots against Holtby. The Breadman is always dangerous.

BUT.... he should have buried one, right from the slot.

TBH, I wasn't terribly impressed with his game in the last 2 outings.

He and other Hawk players need to play less of the east/west crap, and more of the simple north/south game. At least he seems to get his shot off, while others defer, looking for the perfect goal.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

He and other Hawk players need to play less of the east/west crap, and more of the simple north/south game. At least he seems to get his shot off, while others defer, looking for the perfect goal.

When we struggle with possession then the Kane line will struggle. Both 72 and 88 were a little sloppy and that kills the shifts.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014

Wasn't terribly impressed? Panarin basically made that Anisimov goal happen.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Wasn't terribly impressed? Panarin basically made that Anisimov goal happen.

That was last night. You quoted my comment before the game vs CBJ.

Yes, 72 was good last night but a veteran needs to take him aside and impress upon him that he needs to play more north/south hockey and get the puck to the net where good things generally happen.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007

Yes, 72 was good last night but a veteran needs to take him aside and impress upon him that he needs to play more north/south hockey and get the puck to the net where good things generally happen.

I don't think anybody needs to tell Panarin - who is already pretty clearly the second-best offensive player on this roster - how to play in the offensive zone. No more than anybody needs to tell Kane what to do there.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
This article made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

From a hockey standpoint, St. Louis Blues star Tarasenko had no doubts that Panarin, 23, would eventually succeed in the NHL for the Chicago Blackhawks after spending his entire career in Russia. Tarasenko was confident Panarin's offensive game would translate well to the North American game. But Tarasenko was concerned everything else would -- sometimes literally -- have to be translated for Panarin. He believed Panarin's inability to speak English would make his adjustment rocky early on.

"He's one of my best friends," Tarasenko said in early September. "He's a good player. No English, though. I think it's going to be hard for him the first time."

Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman had similar apprehensions.

"I cautioned people over the summer," Bowman said Wednesday. "This kid is really talented. I'm not concerned about his hockey ability. We just got to give him a chance to transition his life."

Bowman and his scouts followed Panarin closely throughout last season and began pitching him and Lynn about playing for the Blackhawks. Barry Smith, the Blackhawks' director of player development, also happened to be a former head coach of SKA St. Petersburg from 2007-10. He still had connections there and helped sell the Blackhawks to Panarin

"We know he's got a little ways to go as far as learning English, but we're trying our best to maybe learn a few Russian words to show that that effort is somewhat mutual," Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews said. "He's a happy kid. He's always smiling. You can tell he's having fun. He wants to be a part of the chatter in the room, even though he doesn't understand what's going on most of the time. It's fun to see that personality come out of him no matter what."

Blackhawks' Panarin letting skills do the talking

Hawks are lucky that Panarin did not take the easy route and join his best friend in St louis but sign with a team that had no one speaking his language. Also kudos to Bowman for understanding that and creating an environment for him to fit in. Bowman may not always win every trade or get his stars to sign bargain contracts, but one thing he has successfully done is get the most after college or European free agents to sign here.

Nov 9, 2014

Eddie O. was saying the same thing during the broadcast last night. I see the point, but he's so dynamic with the puck that, like Kane, I'm willing to put up with him "trying to be too cute" with the puck a couple times a game. I don't want to stifle in any way his creativity/natural instincts, which from what we have seen so far, are at a very high level. I think he'll figure it out over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad