LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
"Islanders are a steaming pile of shit". "Yep"
1708299768079054.jpg

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I don't think he really has an NHL future but I find it hard not to root for Rempe

This is a player that should've had no chance at the pros, let alone his first NHL game at age 21. Everytime I saw him including the AHL level he was always......fine. Like, a player. There was simply no way to reasonably expect that looking at his stat line from years past.

He comes up to the Rangers and, twice, picks out the toughest guy on the ice and punches him in the face, first Johnston then Martin. I find that very endearing ngl.

Hope he develops into a full time NHLer. He is not right now, to be clear, but it'd be really cool if he ever was.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I don't think he really has an NHL future but I find it hard not to root for Rempe

This is a player that should've had no chance at the pros, let alone his first NHL game at age 21. Everytime I saw him including the AHL level he was always......fine. Like, a player. There was simply no way to reasonably expect that looking at his stat line from years past.

He comes up to the Rangers and, twice, picks out the toughest guy on the ice and punches him in the face, first Johnston then Martin. I find that very endearing ngl.

Hope he develops into a full time NHLer. He is not right now, to be clear, but it'd be really cool if he ever was.
My contact in the organization said that there hasn't been a single player at any level that has worked harder than him in the past year. I'm definitely rooting for him!

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I still cannot believe what I witnessed yesterday. What an incredible event. The tailgate in lot L was also a lot of fun, seeing a lot of new people and reconnecting with familiar faces.

The game itself was incredibly frustrating but it set up what turned out to be an insane ending. Short attending a game 7 at MSG, there's not much that could trump this experience.

So glad you got to go to this Steven!

All this jersey talk also has me wanting to beg you for the 'TPS Kakko' jersey plug

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
The best was giving these smack talking Isles fans a glimmer of hope that they had the game in the bag and then shatter their dreams is like 5 min.
Interesting atmosphere at the game. Ranger fans can be asses with the best of them, and most of the game we pretty much were eating shit, but since like 50% of the groups at the stadium had both islanders and rangers fans in them, it wasn't a hostile place and the shit talking was to your buddy next to you. At least in the tailgates and areas i was around.

There was one dude in tie dye that clearly wasn't held enough as a baby and trolled ranger fans all day until he *surprise* disappeared, and one dude who announced over and over that we should have started quick. Maybe he was right, whose to say?

Reactions: egelband

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Wasn't a bounce as Dobson actually made a light saucer pass to his teammate and Panarin picked it off mid-air leading to the goal:

They should develop that into wall art and hang it in every sports bar in North America and Europe.
Gives me the Flying Trough the Air, Bobby Orr vibe.

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Well I hope you've learned your lesson today. "Leave early guy" is a jerkoff and this is why.
Can't speak for everyone but I had a 12 hour day yesterday between driving from the Hartford area to my buddy's house in Westchester...then the ride to the Meadowlands. Then doing the same in reverse, plus stopping for dinner on the ride home. I left my house at 10am & got home at 1030pm. If you wanna rag on people like myself for leaving a game with 4+ minutes on the clock that's your prerogative, but it's not always so cut & dried.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
By the way, because my wife suddenly wanted to go outlet shopping, I watched most of the game on my phone at a Panera. Panarin scored the game winner.

It was a sign.

Interesting.

Does she perhaps like to shop in the spring ? Around 8pm?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Can't speak for everyone but I had a 12 hour day yesterday between driving from the Hartford area to my buddy's house in Westchester...then the ride to the Meadowlands. Then doing the same in reverse, plus stopping for dinner on the ride home. I left my house at 10am & got home at 1030pm. If you wanna rag on people like myself for leaving a game with 4+ minutes on the clock that's your prerogative, but it's not always so cut & dried.

I think people often forget/aren't aware of the circumstances that force people to leave early.

There's definitely a difference between the people who plan to leave early anyway because they have a long ride home ahead, or have to catch the last train (after an 8 PM game at MSG for instance) and people who leave early out of frustration.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Not Ranger related but Scott Mayfield reverting into a useless pylon post Trotz was the most predictable outcome of all time.

Hockey is harder when you can't get away with all the clutching and grabbing.
The Long Island Trouba

It’s wild how a guy like Brodzinski can dominate the AHL for years and never get a call meanwhile you can just be some 6’8 buffoon and you’re guaranteed a look

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

He's made quite a lot of improvement since we drafted him three years ago. Particularly his skating. To me when a player isn't really talented (and FWIW both in the WHL and AHL he's been able to find a role with teams and chip in some offense so it's not like there's nothing there) to make it he'll need to find a role for himself. In his case working at his game away from the puck, working on defensive responsibilities, if he can help out the PK for instance, he goes to the net and he's a really hard to move out obstacle when he does that--super hard for dmen to move out and goalies to see around and that's also where he's been able to knock in goals now and again......and he's only 21. So it's kind of like sit back and see what happens. No guarantees but Chara was even more awkward than he is now at the same age.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
He's made quite a lot of improvement since we drafted him three years ago. Particularly his skating. To me when a player isn't really talented (and FWIW both in the WHL and AHL he's been able to find a role with teams and chip in some offense so it's not like there's nothing there) to make it he'll need to find a role for himself. In his case working at his game away from the puck, working on defensive responsibilities, if he can help out the PK for instance, he goes to the net and he's a really hard to move out obstacle when he does that--super hard for dmen to move out and goalies to see around and that's also where he's been able to knock in goals now and again......and he's only 21. So it's kind of like sit back and see what happens. No guarantees but Chara was even more awkward than he is now at the same age.
I believe he’s answered a few of those questions at the AHL level.
He skates his lane.
Has played 2nd unit PK.
Does stand Net Front.
The quality that stands out most to me about Rempe’s game is his positioning away from the puck.
He doesn’t join a one-on-one puck battle instead choosing to position himself to angle off the puck from turning into an odd man rush against.
Was a little surprised that he chose to engage with Martin with his team up 1-0.
Rookie mistake and I imagine the coaches let him know that.
I do see a path where Matt becomes a regular NHL player. Time will tell.

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The only guy who's a bigger loser than "leave early guy" is someone who uses their lack of serious fandom to make someone else leave early with them. That's some shit a wife would pull, not your boys.

I went with my non-sports buddy to a Rangers game and they were winning the game and he asked if I want to leave early. I wanted to f***ing kill him.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I went with my non-sports buddy to a Rangers game and they were winning the game and he asked if I want to leave early. I wanted to f***ing kill him.
Growing up going to any game or event (Rangers, Yankees, Mets, concert, DINNER, whatever) my father would RUN for the exits at the first opportunity. Literally grab us and force us to run. As if we are being chased by murderous rivals. There was nothing worse IN LIFE than traffic. Traffic completely overloads his neurons; his brain cannot handle a moment of *possible* traffic. We would arrive at an event with no time to spare, and during the event the tension of "when should we leave to beat the traffic" was in the air the entire time. We grew up in Queens. He had Rangers seasons.

My entire childhood was one of anxiety when it came to this. I never got to see the stars of the game, or relax and cheer after a win. Or show up a bit early to browse the stores, eat something, soak in the environment.

Shaped me up real nice; I always show up early now, I never rush out. In control. If he was there with my brother and I last night we would have left with like 10 minutes to go. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned the game off so he could get a head start to the kitchen or something; it was our Mom texting us after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00