Post-Game Talk: Outside

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
No he didn’t - he allowed one bad goal (the whole game). Fun fact Isles had over 40 SOG with 11 min left in regulation, almost doubling that number by the Rangers.
Listen I’m not blaming him. But in the first I thought he looked shaky and got beat on 3 out of the first 9 shots. He settled in and played great throughout the rest of the game

Maybe shaky would have been a better word

Reactions: egelband

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
8gatzg.jpg

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Was there tonight. Walked out to beat the rush down 2 with 6 mins to go. I’m not typically a leave early guy.. I’ll be kicking myself for quite a while.
Well I hope you've learned your lesson today. "Leave early guy" is a jerkoff and this is why.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If it makes the early leavers feel better. I have a great leave early story. It wasn't hockey and it wasn't my team but I missed probably the most shocking ending in Super Bowl history. I was at a party and it was the Seahawks - Pats Super Bowl. I think the Seahawks were up like 10 in the 4th quarter and my friend who was my ride decided to go home. I went with him rather than waiting and taking an Uber and missed the Malcolm Butler interception. I was at a party not the actual Super Bowl so maybe less painful but still I'm kicking myself over it to this day.

The name of the sandwitch didn't give it away?
The only guy who's a bigger loser than "leave early guy" is someone who uses their lack of serious fandom to make someone else leave early with them. That's some shit a wife would pull, not your boys.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Always hated Doc, he was a Devils guy. But I do miss his calls now compared to most of these clowns, Even weird Pierre McGuire was always so cringe you couldn't look away.
Thing is they don't call play-by-play now. They don't say who has the puck & what they are doing. Rather, they just have a conversation about random things while the play goes on on screen. I hate it.

It seems like this is a production decision - McDonough could do traditional play-by-play if he was asked, but they want him to do something else. This happens on most hockey broadcasts these days (Sam & Joe included), but yesterday it was more pronounced. I guess they think this is more appealing to the non-fan.

Panarin was really heads up and aggressive on that forecheck in OT, it wasn’t just a terrible turnover by Dobson he probably wasn’t expecting Panarin to come in so aggressively. And the patience staying with it there, great goal
Maybe the weird ice helped us for once.

Last edited:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I hate when people just wear a random jersey to a hockey game. Saw a couple of Devils jerseys. I guess they must have f***ed up and bought tickets for the wrong day.

You should wear a jersey of the teams that are playing. You're only allowed to wear a non-team that is playing jersey if that jersey is a player that now plays for either of the teams playing. AHL or Junior jersey of a player on any of the teams playing that day. Make believe teams are allowed, e.g. Charlestown Chiefs, Halifax Highlanders. International jerseys are allowed.

For example for today's game

✅ New York Rangers jersey or New York Islanders jersey
✅ Chicago Blackhawks Panarin jersey
✅ Rimouski Océanic Lafrenière jersey
❌ Arizona Coyotes Kessel jersey
❌ New Jersey Devils jersey

You hate when someone wears a jersey other than ones you approve of?

This really can't get you angry, right?

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I hate when people just wear a random jersey to a hockey game. Saw a couple of Devils jerseys. I guess they must have f***ed up and bought tickets for the wrong day.

You should wear a jersey of the teams that are playing. You're only allowed to wear a non-team that is playing jersey if that jersey is a player that now plays for either of the teams playing. AHL or Junior jersey of a player on any of the teams playing that day. Make believe teams are allowed, e.g. Charlestown Chiefs, Halifax Highlanders. International jerseys are allowed.

For example for today's game

✅ New York Rangers jersey or New York Islanders jersey
✅ Chicago Blackhawks Panarin jersey
✅ Rimouski Océanic Lafrenière jersey
❌ Arizona Coyotes Kessel jersey
❌ New Jersey Devils jersey
Wrong sport also bothers me.

The half Rangers half Jets sweatshirt shown on the broadcast was ugly. Why?

IchabodCrane

Mar 11, 2023
Shesterkin was very good after the 4th goal. I’m not going to blame him for lindgren getting his face smashed in yet again. By the way I’m done with him please trade him at the deadline.

Lafreniere the catalyst. We aren’t in that game with him. The assist on Mika’s goal the powerplay drawn the assist on trochecks goal he stepped up.

The isles don’t recover from this loss
I agree. I think this is a backbreaker for the Isles. Good riddance.

• Love
Reactions: Captain Lindy

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Shesterkin was very good after the 4th goal. I’m not going to blame him for lindgren getting his face smashed in yet again. By the way I’m done with him please trade him at the deadline.

Lafreniere the catalyst. We aren’t in that game with him. The assist on Mika’s goal the powerplay drawn the assist on trochecks goal he stepped up.

The isles don’t recover from this loss
…and Lou trades their 1st and 2nd picks anyway, for a has been.
:cool:

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I still cannot believe what I witnessed yesterday. What an incredible event. The tailgate in lot L was also a lot of fun, seeing a lot of new people and reconnecting with familiar faces.

The game itself was incredibly frustrating but it set up what turned out to be an insane ending. Short attending a game 7 at MSG, there's not much that could trump this experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad