3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Was there tonight. Walked out to beat the rush down 2 with 6 mins to go. I’m not typically a leave early guy.. I’ll be kicking myself for quite a while.
Did the same....when they called the penalty with us down 5-3 with about 5 mins left. They opened the wrong penalty box door, so me & my buddy said "f*** it, this is over" assuming the penalty was on us. Watched the rest on his phone on the way to his car. It was nice to hear the roars from the parking lot, however. We laughed our asses off when they announced a good goal to win it.

This is the Rangers. They lose this game 99.9% of the time so I can't get too upset, but it certainly sucks to sit outside all afternoon in the cold, then miss the best part of the game. :laugh:

Last edited:

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Did the same....when they called the penalty with us down 5-3 with about 5 mins left. They opened the wrong penalty box door, so me & my buddy said "f*** it, this is over" assuming the penalty was on us. Watched the rest on his phone on the way to his car. It was nice to hear the roars from the parking lot, however. We laughed our asses off when they announced a goal goal to win it.

This is the Rangers. They lose this game 99.9% of the time so I can't get too upset, but it certainly sucks to sit outside all afternoon in the cold, then miss the best part of the game. :laugh:

They got all the quitters and the bad vibes out of the building, couldn't have done it without you, or I should say couldn't have done it with you.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
In more than one way. This was supposed to be the battle of New York and Islanders fans barely showed up to a landmark game. The crowd was 90% Rangers fans. The Flyers and Devils had better turnouts when they played against us outside.

The Coyotes need to relocate desperately, but the Islanders aren't far behind.

This is a bit of hyperbole. I'd say it was 65/35 in our favor. I was surprised...I didn't think they had that many fans.
Amazing win.

I will never bad mouth MSG again, I don’t understand where they spent $1.6 billion on MetLife.

Can we talk about the hoola hoopers on the field?
My first time there...holy shit what an underwhelming fan experience. The corridors are like dank, dark warehouse with awful food & beer options.

And f*** you to the hot honey chicken sandwich that lit my blow hole a flame.

They got all the quitters and the bad vibes out of the building, couldn't have done it without you, or I should say couldn't have done it with you.
I made it clear on Thursday or Friday I would be in attendance & to blame me for the impending National TV loss. Glad to do my part to keep the outdoor streak alive, however.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If it makes the early leavers feel better. I have a great leave early story. It wasn't hockey and it wasn't my team but I missed probably the most shocking ending in Super Bowl history. I was at a party and it was the Seahawks - Pats Super Bowl. I think the Seahawks were up like 10 in the 4th quarter and my friend who was my ride decided to go home. I went with him rather than waiting and taking an Uber and missed the Malcolm Butler interception. I was at a party not the actual Super Bowl so maybe less painful but still I'm kicking myself over it to this day.

This is a bit of hyperbole. I'd say it was 65/35 in our favor. I was surprised...I didn't think they had that many fans.

My first time there...holy shit what an underwhelming fan experience. The corridors are like dank, dark warehouse with awful food & beer options.

And f*** you to the hot honey chicken sandwich that lit my blow hole a flame.

I made it clear on Thursday or Friday I would be in attendance & to blame me for the impending National TV loss. Glad to do my part to keep the outdoor streak alive, however.

The name of the sandwitch didn't give it away?

Reactions: egelband

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
If it makes the early leavers feel better. I have a great leave early story. It wasn't hockey and it wasn't my team but I missed probably the most shocking ending in Super Bowl history. I was at a party and it was the Seahawks - Pats Super Bowl. I think the Seahawks were up like 10 in the 4th quarter and my friend who was my ride decided to go home. I went with him rather than waiting and taking an Uber and missed the Malcolm Butler interception. I was at a party not the actual Super Bowl so maybe less painful but still I'm kicking myself over it to this day.

That story doesn't make me feel better...you're lucky you didn't have to watch Pete Carroll shit the bed, nor did you have to endure Brady celebrating like a 5 year old.

Also....I've had hot honey plenty of times before...and this sandwich wasn't even that spicy. Somehow it morphed into a fire bomb on the way out. My own fault for eating shitty stadium food

Anus concussion?
More like Flame Thrower.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Like, i know Lavi is a great guy and letting Rempe having a great outdoors game experience is totally classy but this plus Edstrom being up in the last 10 days or so is 10000000% a move Drury made in preparation for this game because of Dolan. After the national embarrassment at the hands of Quinn against Tom Wilson (and getting shutout and bullied by the Islanders before the Caps games that supposedly started the clean house process), Drury knows getting physically bullied by the Islanders is Dolan's flip out switch. Wheeler getting retired just added both Edstrom plus Rempe. If I had to guess, had Wheeler been healthy, Edstrom would have sat for Rempe.
Breaking: Trouba is off Mount Rushmore.

It is now Othmann, Kreider, Jokinen, and Tob.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008

You also left your wedding early to beat the crowd to the reception bar but you're so lucky she said yes anyway

Last edited:

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Kessel Coyotes LOL even harder
I hate when people just wear a random jersey to a hockey game. Saw a couple of Devils jerseys. I guess they must have f***ed up and bought tickets for the wrong day.

You should wear a jersey of the teams that are playing. You're only allowed to wear a non-team that is playing jersey if that jersey is a player that now plays for either of the teams playing. AHL or Junior jersey of a player on any of the teams playing that day. Make believe teams are allowed, e.g. Charlestown Chiefs, Halifax Highlanders. International jerseys are allowed.

For example for today's game

✅ New York Rangers jersey or New York Islanders jersey
✅ Chicago Blackhawks Panarin jersey
✅ Rimouski Océanic Lafrenière jersey
❌ Arizona Coyotes Kessel jersey
❌ New Jersey Devils jersey

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I hate when people just wear a random jersey to a hockey game. Saw a couple of Devils jerseys. I guess they must have f***ed up and bought tickets for the wrong day.

You should wear a jersey of the teams that are playing. You're only allowed to wear a non-team that is playing jersey if that jersey is a player that now plays for either of the teams playing. AHL or Junior jersey of a player on any of the teams playing that day. Make believe teams are allowed, e.g. Charlestown Chiefs, Halifax Highlanders. International jerseys are allowed.

For example for today's game

✅ New York Rangers jersey or New York Islanders jersey
✅ Chicago Blackhawks Panarin jersey
✅ Rimouski Océanic Lafrenière jersey
❌ Arizona Coyotes Kessel jersey
❌ New Jersey Devils jersey
Yes...just remembered there was some tool wearing an Austin Matthews Leafs jersey. And a dude 3 rows ahead of us in a Bernie Parent Flyers orange retro. He also drank about 12 beers. Had the giant cherry nose to go with it.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I was there - what a f***ing unbelievable experience - and just rewatched the on TV. First whoever can’t see that Shesterkin is back doesn’t know how to watch hockey in general and goalies in particular. That second period Isles really pushed between Trocheck’s goals and Shesterkin played with absolute confidence we’ve seen from him when he’s at his best.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
What a f***ing game. What a f***ing comeback. Shesty had a horrible first but he locked in and was wonderful the remainder of the game. Huge fan of his game tonight considering we got peppered with shots all night.

Laf, panarin, and tro were fantastic and I loved laf’s game

Reactions: leetch99

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
One thing I will say is that as bad as most of this game was, we win this game in regulation without ever being down big if Laf doesn't take a dumb penalty that not only negated our PP but saw us give up two goals 4 on 4 and shorthanded. Could have been a friggin 3 goal difference was definitely a 2 goal difference.
That is the take away you took from this game? I’d say the penalty was 50/50 at best

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
is Igor a liability
Depends on the version you get

My biggest concern with him is consistency right now - at his worst a while back he had amongst the worst stats in the league. When he's dialled in he's world class. And you just can't bloody tell which one you're gonna get.

Short answer - yes

mti79

May 11, 2007
Notable Jerseys seen in the crowd today. Feel free to add to this...

Blair Betts
Beukeboom on a 2012 Winter Classic
Miroslav Satan Isles LOL
Kessel Coyotes LOL even harder
I'm curious if I would've made this list had I been able to walk and go to the game. Most likely would've had my Liberty Kasparaitis jersey on.

Also, maybe it was Blair Betts?

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad