Pre-Game Talk: Outdoor Game 2017 OTT-MTL

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah there were quite a few of us at BC Place, was a fun event and great game. Looking forward to experiencing a "real" outdoor game in a few weeks.

Got the tickets in the mail last week, the NHL nailed it with the design. I suspect there will be protective sleeves for the tickets leading up to the game. The league almost always has them made and available for the marquee events.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
They're talking alumni game on tsn1200 but I didn't hear any specific names. Shouldn't a roster be out soon/now?

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
They're talking alumni game on tsn1200 but I didn't hear any specific names. Shouldn't a roster be out soon/now?
Team Alfie vs team Phillips. But it's gonna be at Parliament Hill, not TD Place.

ddd.jpg

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
two weeks to go an they still wont sell tickets to non season ticket holders?
It is going to be f***ing embarrassing when they dont sell out a game like this. Worse than not selling out playoff games.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Wait so no ottawa-montreal alumni game? Just a red vs white game? I don't like that as much.

Part of what makes this game fun is watching all these older players play again. The other part that makes it more fun is caring a bit who wins. If we played Montreal we would enjoy the old guys AND cheer them on to win. Now we can only enjoy the old guys without cheering on someone to win. I wish it was like the edmonton-mtl game way back.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Wait so no ottawa-montreal alumni game? Just a red vs white game? I don't like that as much.

Part of what makes this game fun is watching all these older players play again. The other part that makes it more fun is caring a bit who wins. If we played Montreal we would enjoy the old guys AND cheer them on to win. Now we can only enjoy the old guys without cheering on someone to win. I wish it was like the edmonton-mtl game way back.

Just put Heatley, Yashin and Corvo all on the same team and you'll want to cheer for the other :naughty:. Although doubt any of those players play. Would be nice if they could announce all the alumni players. Hoping to see players like Volchenkov, Havlat etc. I wonder if Neil will play :sarcasm:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Forecast so far is -13 to -17 degree
Im gonna bring my 45nrth boots
Merino FTW too

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
They still have primary seats available on Ticketmaster, so it is technically still not sold out. I noticed they added an extra section.

That's interesting. It's all over the media, that it's a sell out. Too funny...:sarcasm:

Hard to believe, it's next weekend. man time flies.... :popcorn:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah there were quite a few of us at BC Place, was a fun event and great game. Looking forward to experiencing a "real" outdoor game in a few weeks.

Got the tickets in the mail last week, the NHL nailed it with the design. I suspect there will be protective sleeves for the tickets leading up to the game. The league almost always has them made and available for the marquee events.

Likely have to get your own sleeve to protect the ticket id imagine, i am using one I got from development camp via the Sens a few years back....pretty sure staples sell them for those interested.

SensTrader

Nov 10, 2017
Can someone confirm? Is it only Sens alumni, or will there be Habs & Sens alumni... just curious...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Will it be televised?

Funny how with how bad the sens are, more people are excited to see alumni of good teams of our past than today's current team.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Bad time of year to be buying expensive tickets. I'm going to try the "last minute ticket" approach. There are like 1000 tickets on Stubhub right now, I wonder if the unsold ones will dive very close or just after puck drop. I can't drop 500 on a game (3-400 + all the stuff you spend there) right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad