Pre-Game Talk: Outdoor Game 2017 OTT-MTL

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Good to see Yashin back, this team has had too little Russian flair over the years.
Rolling my eyes at Donovan and Robitaille, and sad no Kovalev...that would have made the whole event.

The "Local Guy" era. Ugh.

In many ways we still aren't totally past it.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Confusing, but a week from Tonight is the Alumni Game @Parliament Hill.

Not to be confused with the Outdoor Classic Game which is the Following night @ TD Place.

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I have no inside information, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't asked. Assuming that, I can only guess that he turned down the opportunity because the optics would indicate he's like everyone else on that roster – retired. And he's still hanging in there hoping for one last hurrah.

Didn't Mark Messier play an alumni game while he was still an active player (a real active player, not just a theoretical active player like Neil) during the first Heritage Classic? Shouldn't have been an excuse; Neil should be out there. I wonder if there's some hurt feelings even if you can't imagine why.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Nice jersey's.... :thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

24909991_10155937100661730_7164701531969431116_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I didn’t enjoy watching Denis Hamel when he played here, so I don’t care to see him in an alumni game. Oh well, they got Yashin, Fisher, Daigle and Havlat nice job.

Think Fisher injures Leclaire in the game?

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I didn’t enjoy watching Denis Hamel when he played here, so I don’t care to see him in an alumni game. Oh well, they got Yashin, Fisher, Daigle and Havlat nice job.

Think Fisher injures Leclaire in the game?

Hamel is there because he's probably the best B-Sen ever. He spent longer with the organization than a lot of others like Bell, Kyte, Smyth, Robitaille, Murphy, Boschman (but Laurie's there for obvious reasons).

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hamel is there because he's probably the best B-Sen ever. He spent longer with the organization than a lot of others like Bell, Kyte, Smyth, Robitaille, Murphy, Boschman (but Laurie's there for obvious reasons).

This is about the Ottawa Senators though. Too bad we couldn’t get guys like Mceachern, Schaefer, McAmmond, Dackell, Juneau, Prospal, Salo instead of Hamel, Bell, Robitaille. You’d like to see guys who were on the big club longer than those guys and who had a bigger impact on the team. Minor thing though. I’m happy with everyone else.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
This is about the Ottawa Senators though. Too bad we couldn’t get guys like Mceachern, Schaefer, McAmmond, Dackell, Juneau, Prospal, Salo instead of Hamel, Bell, Robitaille. You’d like to see guys who were on the big club longer than those guys and who had a bigger impact on the team. Minor thing though. I’m happy with everyone else.

True. I'd have loved to see Each, Schaef, Dackell, Dean, Prospal, and Salo. Some of them may have been invited but had scheduling conflicts or just didn't feel like playing. McEachern is a coach for a varsity team in Massachusetts, Dackell's career ended after knee surgery (so he's probably not in any shape to play).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Last edited:

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Although "I'm quite ecstatic" that the Alumni Game has the SENS wearing the 2D Black vs White jersey's, I'm thinking maybe they should have used the 1991 Peace Tower jersey's.

Just goes to show, I'm never content........

Screenshot 2017-12-09 09.07.59.png

2016-03-15ottawa-september-6-1989-l-r-frank-finnigan-and-bruce-firest.jpg

Last edited:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Good to see Yashin back, this team has had too little Russian flair over the years.
Rolling my eyes at Donovan and Robitaille, and sad no Kovalev...that would have made the whole event.
Very much with you on Robitaille. One of my strongest hockey memories was a game I went to with my dad against the Sharks, and every time Robitaille would hit the ice a lady behind us with an absurdly strong French-Canadian accent would shout "enwoye Robitaille" very loudly. Her screams are the most entertaining thing I can remember about Randy, and it's still an inside joke at home to this day.

RE: Kovalev, I wonder if he might be playing for Montreal. Certainly has more of a legacy with them. Don't give up hope — he could show up, play two periods with Montreal, then score an own-goal to win it for us while ripping off the Habs jersey dramatically to show a Sens jersey underneath.

Reactions: Alex1234

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Didn't Mark Messier play an alumni game while he was still an active player (a real active player, not just a theoretical active player like Neil) during the first Heritage Classic? Shouldn't have been an excuse; Neil should be out there. I wonder if there's some hurt feelings even if you can't imagine why.

Yeah messier played til including 2003-2004 and the game was in November 2003 so this second last year with new York rangers.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Can't believe there's no mention of the lack of Volchenkov in here? He was one of my all time favs, biggest omission from this group I'd say, just the same great lineup and looking forward to next weekend!

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
A-train i do wanna see him. but again, its only fun when he was destroying people with hits. something its not needed in this particular game.

did montreal announced their team? seems like they do this every couple of years anyways so it should be easier to find

Reactions: Back in Black

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad