Pre-Game Talk: Outdoor Game 2017 OTT-MTL

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I sit in level D, the light blue area for Redblack games & that would cost $800 for us to go to this game in our seats. Ouch! Not going to happen. Honey, I just paid for our seats for the NHL classic game & it only cost $800 ..... bang .... call 911. :laugh:

Franky Gee

Mar 25, 2008
Quebec City
Anyone has any inside information regarding special events that might occur Friday the 15th also ? Trying to book train tickets but I'm wondering if it's worth it to come a day early.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Got an email to buy up to 8 addtional tickets, imagine the sales didnt go all that well. Didnt want to take out another mortgage on the house so im passing on the addtionals.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Got an email to buy up to 8 addtional tickets, imagine the sales didnt go all that well. Didnt want to take out another mortgage on the house so im passing on the addtionals.

The one in Toronto didn't even sell out last year. Tickets are quite expensive.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I got an advanced ticket sale email. Pricing for the pop up section was min $199.99+.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
My spidey sense tells me that there will be some ticket bargains to be had as this event draws closer. At this point, there is zero incentive to buy now. I plan on waiting until the last minute and seeing what kind of deals pop up, and how the prices start looking on StubHub...

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
So who do you want to see in the alumni game? Any idea when the rosters would be announced?

The alumni game at this point is looking doubtful, the 67s are playing Gatineau outdoors on the 18th though, which should be fun too.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
The alumni game at this point is looking doubtful, the 67s are playing Gatineau outdoors on the 18th though, which should be fun too.

Is this team going to get two outdoor games and no alumni games? Have any outdoor games that didn't involve Ottawa not have alumni games?

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Guessing these (or something similar with an "O") will be the jersey's worn, from the 1917-18 NHL Inaugural Season. :popcorn:

http://www.nhluniforms.com/1917-18/1917-18.html

Senators1.png
Canadiens01.png

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Woo-hoo! Tom Amsemli was just quoted, sayin' there will be special jerseys for the outdoor game. And they'll be out in a few weeks.

There is also going to be a red/white alumni game!

He also mentioned that the 31,000 seats are almost sold out!

Last edited:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Best not get blown out in this one... can you imagine the catastrophe?

I expect us to not show up or have a poor game, pretty standard for the Sens when there in the spotlight and especially at home....that train is never late!

Hoping they drop a nice uniform for this game as there's no way im buying the current Adidas one, have a couple gift cards I was saving to buy a new sweater when the centurion is inevitably ditched here but depending on what they roll out I may splurge....gotta figure it should be released somewhat shortly to give us an opportunity to purchase prior to the event.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Hoping they drop a nice uniform for this game as there's no way im buying the current Adidas one, when the centurion is inevitably ditched here but depending on what they roll out I may splurge.

Yep, in a few years, it'll be as rare as the Ott/Van Classic off-white SENS Heritage jersey. Then again, so will this years red/white Adidas, once they are dumped.... ;)

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Yep, in a few years, it'll be as rare as the Ott/Van Classic off-white SENS Heritage jersey. Then again, so will this years red/white Adidas, once they are dumped.... ;)

Still disappointed I failed to grab one of the white/beige O jerseys, the feltish logo and numbers name etc was a nice touch imo

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Surely you can find one on Ebay. Or if you get reeeaaaal lucky, one will pop up on Kijiji. Just don't ask me to sell you one of my two!!!! ;)
Still disappointed I failed to grab one of the white/beige O jerseys, the feltish logo and numbers name etc was a nice touch imo

I'm with you. I regret not grabbing one too. Every time I see one I wish I could add it to my collection.

Here's one on kijijj, but no felt numbers: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-hockey/otta...ey/1309162300?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true (personally, I would hold out for one with felt numbers).

***** There are quite a few on Ebay for $175 (free shipping), and up!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->