Out of town thread: Where the grass is ALWAYS greener!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oh please, quit whining and playing the victim here. You said it yourself, you stuck your neck out to try and make a point. Part of that is dealing with being shown when you have it wrong.

You can belittle it and call it a witchhunt all your want, but that's 3 players now that you included as NHL players in your analysis to show how great we've done at drafting that are FAR from NHL players today. You are trying to show how great we are compared to the rest of the league and you're padding the stats by including 3 players that shouldn't be there. That's not insignificant, that's a lot.

Saying DLR and McCarron as NHL players is not wrong or right. And I'm not playing the victim. Just trying to make you realize how disingenuous you are with the angle of the debate you are taking. It's very minor in the grand scheme of things. I guess that's all you have to work with

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Well, I already said I am not so sure Lombardi is an improvement over Bergevin. How about we trade Bergevin for Ciarelli? He is more proven because he won a cup right?

Are you actually not going to answer the question? I mean, I know you don't have the chutzpah to make a bet over your beliefs, but at least answer the question. In what way is Dean Lombardi not more proven than Bergevin?

You said that if I could show you a ''more proven'' available candidate, that you would fire Bergevin if you could. I showed you a ''more proven'' candidate.

Your choices are to either walk back the statement about firing Bergevin (you just won't fire him under any circumstances), accept that Lombardi is more proven, or challenge the idea that he is more proven. Which will it be?

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Saying DLR and McCarron as NHL players is not wrong or right. And I'm not playing the victim. Just trying to make you realize how disingenuous you are with the angle of the debate you are taking. It's very minor in the grand scheme of things. I guess that's all you have to work with

So if you can't say if an assumption you're basing your "analysis" on is right or wrong, wouldn't that make, by extension, your "analysis" also neither wrong or right?

Or in other words, useless.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So if you can't say if an assumption you're basing your "analysis" on is right or wrong, wouldn't that make, by extension, your "analysis" also neither wrong or right?

Or in other words, useless.

When it comes to 2 players... McCarron and DLR as fringe NHL players? Yeah everything else is useless eh? And I'm the one who is unreasonable? What a joke!

Edit: I'll show it again in a few years and we will see how it stacks up against the 2008-2011 years and also how it stacks up against other NHL teams.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Josi and Ekholm really tilting the ice in Nashville. Lots of tilting going on there with those guys 1-2 in dman scoring on that team.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Josi and Ekholm really tilting the ice in Nashville. Lots of tilting going on there with those guys 1-2 in dman scoring on that team.
Ekholm is a special breed. Good with the puck and hard as nails at the same time.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Ekholm is a special breed. Good with the puck and hard as nails at the same time.

Has wheels as well. That D in nash is pretty ridiculous once Ellis gets back. Wonder if they split Ekholm and Josi, they have been very good.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world

Nashville is really poised to make another deep run this year if their top4 is healthy for the postseason. Don't think they'll reach the SCF without Ellis. Hope for them they won't be meeting Pittsburgh in the finals though because they'll get whooped again. Rinne really has a bit of a mental problem against the Pens for some reason.

edit: caught that subtle dig at subban.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
pff when Subban's only the 2nd or 3rd best D on your team... you're in good shape.

Until 2 games ago, Subban was leading both those guys in points, and he's stuck playing with Emelin. Subban is still clearly the best Dman on the Preds.

How long that will last, is another question.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Not crapping on him per se...but resenting him for winning games and preventing the tank.

Yes but I never crapped on him when he was playing bad. In fact I was one of the few defending him and pointing out the obvious defensive issues leading to easy goals against. Such as the three st Louis Blues goals last game.

Reactions: 417

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Until 2 games ago, Subban was leading both those guys in points, and he's stuck playing with Emelin. Subban is still clearly the best Dman on the Preds.

How long that will last, is another question.

I dont know if you had the chance to watch alot of Nash games cuz he really his the 3rd D down there....at least he was in the games i watch, clearly Ekholm and Josi are the one used in all important situation (end of game ,first wave of PP).....in defense of Subban, there's nothing wrong with being 3rd behind those two, they are pretty amazing, specially Ekholm, it's pretty obvious that this guy had a boost of confidence from his performance in the playoffs last year, so big and so strong too

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Seattle is the most logical place for expansion. Should be a good market.

I agree. If and when they finally get a team, I'll be happy. It should be interesting to see them build rivalries with Vancouver, Calagary, and Edmonton, particularly Canucks.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
He's been waiting almost 30 games for EK and Josi to pass him points to make that post. Must a hard life being that bitter.

Relax, it was a shot at the guys that always use "tilt the ice" as if that means anything. Go back in this thread, I have been complimentary of PK - he is taking all the hard minutes. Utilization matters wether its PK or Weber. No one is winning the Norris starting in their own end 60 percent of the time.

And life is great pal thanks. Going to pour a rum and coke, swim the dog in Lake Okanagan and settle in for the game.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Stop dissecting people's posting habits. If you can't discuss the topic without slinging accusations at each other, kindly take a yoga class and reboot before posting.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Seattle is the most logical place for expansion. Should be a good market.

What's amazing is that it's taken so long for Seattle to get a team. Aside from a total left-field market like Vegas, I remember so many other non-obvious hockey towns that somehow got NHL teams, like the Cleveland Barons, Oakland Seals, Kansas City Chiefs and of course Hartford, not to mention the two attempts in Atlanta.

Reactions: Tuggy

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
What's amazing is that it's taken so long for Seattle to get a team. Aside from a total left-field market like Vegas, I remember so many other non-obvious hockey towns that somehow got NHL teams, like the Cleveland Barons, Oakland Seals, Kansas City Chiefs and of course Hartford, not to mention the two attempts in Atlanta.

Agreed, Seattle is going to be a great hockey market. Lots of WHL legacy, Canucks 2.5 hours away, lots of corporate money. As close to guaranteed as you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad