Out of town thread: Where the grass is ALWAYS greener!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Hudon... 3 years in the AHL. This is McCarron's 3rd year turned pro. Not saying McCarron will be better or equal to Hudon but I am saying he will be a NHL player. This is not a ridiculous statement. It's ridiculous to counter it with the efforts you have been making.

Hudon played 3 years in the AHL and also had a pretty good impact being there and progressed big time.
McCarron honestly I can't really say the same in his 3rd year
There is also the fact that 1 player was drafted in the 5th round and the other is a 1st rounder. I think people expect a lot more from Big Mac

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hudon played 3 years in the AHL and also had a pretty good impact being there and progressed big time.
McCarron honestly I can't really say the same in his 3rd year
There is also the fact that 1 player was drafted in the 5th round and the other is a 1st rounder. I think people expect a lot more from Big Mac

Agreed. I still think McCarron is a NHL player. I never said he was a top 9F though. I also listed Hudon as a NHL player and not a top 9F and that will change the way Hudon is playing in his 1st full season so far.

It's not ridiculous to think that McCarron is a NHL 4th line player. I'm not bragging about him.. I simply stating his current potential and most would agree IMO.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Hudon... 3 years in the AHL. This is McCarron's 3rd year turned pro. Not saying McCarron will be better or equal to Hudon but I am saying he will be a NHL player. This is not a ridiculous statement. It's ridiculous to counter it with the efforts you have been making.
You are just being silly at this point because you can't admit to being wrong. I mean really, it's sad.
Now you are arguing that future and present are the same.

If McCarron WIL be a NHL player, then he isn't one TODAY.
Do you not know the f***ing difference between "will be" and "is"? One is the future tense, the other is the present. If McCarron WILL be one in the future, well then he has no business being in a list discussing current NHL players.

Jesus Christ.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Agreed. I still think McCarron is a NHL player. I never said he was a top 9F though. I also listed Hudon as a NHL player and not a top 9F and that will change the way Hudon is playing in his 1st full season so far.

It's not ridiculous to think that McCarron is a NHL 4th line player. I'm not bragging about him.. I simply stating his current potential and most would agree IMO.

Well he is NOT a current NHL player so no
And yes his potential is probably that, a 3rd or 4th rounder which makes most of the fan base angry considering he was a 1st rounder and we all expected more.
I said this at the beginning of the year and will say it again, I really would not be surprised if he is waived and not even picked up at the start of next year when he will not be eligible to be sent down without waivers. And the year after, it will be the same thing with Scherback IMO.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You are just being silly at this point because you can't admit to being wrong. I mean really, it's sad.
Now you are arguing that future and present are the same.

If McCarron WIL be a NHL player, then he isn't one TODAY.
Do you not know the ****ing difference between "will be" and "is"? One is the future tense, the other is the present. If McCarron WILL be one in the future, well then he has no business being in a list discussing current NHL players.

Jesus Christ.

IMO, McCarron will be an NHL player. Not a top 9F, but a NHL player. You are the one who has blown this up and I'm defending it. Not my problem you want to draw a line in the sand over something stupid and I have the right to defend what I think. You called it ridiculous and I say it's ridiculous to say so at this stage. Had the same agreement about Hudon last year. I also think Scherbak and Juulsen are NHL players as well. But yes, it's early.

The only fair comment someone made (don't believe it was you BTW), was if if add McCarron as a NHL player, I need to add Adam Erne for the Lighnting. I agree with this and of course there will be situations like this. That's why I posted it... I don't know everything about every single prospect and I appreciate others reviewing.

You pointed out my error with Braden Point and that was clearly a mistake. The different between you and others is debating in good faith. You clearly are way too focused at trying to belittle others... or at least me anyways.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well he is NOT a current NHL player so no
And yes his potential is probably that, a 3rd or 4th rounder which makes most of the fan base angry considering he was a 1st rounder and we all expected more.
I said this at the beginning of the year and will say it again, I really would not be surprised if he is waived and not even picked up at the start of next year when he will not be eligible to be sent down without waivers. And the year after, it will be the same thing with Scherback IMO.

Go on record.... Do you think McCarron will or will not be a NHL player. Even if it's on the 4th line?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
IMO, McCarron will be an NHL player. Not a top 9F, but a NHL player. You are the one who has blown this up and I'm defending it. Not my problem you want to draw a line in the sand over something stupid and I have the right to defend what I think. You called it ridiculous and I say it's ridiculous to say so at this stage. Had the same agreement about Hudon last year. I also think Scherbak and Juulsen are NHL players as well. But yes, it's early.

The only fair comment someone made (don't believe it was you BTW), was if if add McCarron as a NHL player, I need to add Adam Erne for the Lighnting. I agree with this and of course there will be situations like this. That's why I posted it... I don't know everything about every single prospect and I appreciate others reviewing.

You pointed out my error with Braden Point and that was clearly a mistake. The different between you and others is debating in good faith. You clearly are way too focused at trying to belittle others... or at least me anyways.
Jesus Christ, stop babbling.
McCarron is not TODAY a NHL player. So do not include him in any data that discusses current NHL players. It's very f***ing simple to understand. Stop babbling for the Love of God.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

McCaron is currently in the AHL
tyo be a NHL player you need to be... in the f***ing NHL.

so again, you are dead wrong. get over it.

and yeah, forget them, not interested in your B.S. comebacks.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
I wouldn't be surprised if the Habs were a reason for that. I wouldn't blame them for wanting to keep a monopoly on professional hockey in Quebec.
The Habs may say publicly that they'd love to have a team in QC again, but I bet in private they love the sweet deal they've got now a lot more. Complete monopoly on the French media & marketplace, no possibility of another Quebec-based NHL team showing them up and making them look bad and bleeding off their captive fanbase. They can coast in this situation for decades yet, at least as long as suckers keep filling the rink.

We need the Leafs to win a Cup, we really do. It's the only short-term hope of significant embarrassment that might spur Molson's two brain cells to rub together and multiply.

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
What a wrist shot that was
Can't believe the Leafs are still paying a little portion of his salary for him to score goals and win Cups for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Still upset that we couldn't get him. It was either us or the pens, nobody else could have done it.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
They traded their captain to Ottawa. They were making deals that helped them rebuild. Period.

Everyone has an excuse for every trade that MB didn't make.

If you provide enough value. You'll get a trade done.
Even if leafs wanted more value from us, I'm sure it wouldn't be THAT much more. Kessel went for peanuts while we got Kassian. Pretty funny.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
What a wrist shot that was
Can't believe the Leafs are still paying a little portion of his salary for him to score goals and win Cups for the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Considering it helped them tank for Matthews, gave them the extra 1st to get decent young starter, and a potential top 6 forward prospect, I think they'd do it again.

McCarron/DLR (Today) = Leblanc/Dumont (2012). However, that don't mean McCarron and DLR turn into what Leblanc and Dumont turned into. McCarron and DLR will be NHL players.

BTW, It's ridiculous how you target just two players and ignore the rest. If this is all you have to disagree with, I'm doing good ;)

Well, Dumont is a NHL player. So is Froese. Doesn't really mean much.

Reactions: habsgirl5000

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal

People have the right to defend that the earth is flat. That doesn't mean it actually is.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DQkLaW7X0AANPcH.jpg

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad