Out of town thread: Where the grass is ALWAYS greener!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Saying DLR and McCarron as NHL players is not wrong or right. And I'm not playing the victim. Just trying to make you realize how disingenuous you are with the angle of the debate you are taking. It's very minor in the grand scheme of things. I guess that's all you have to work with
McCaron is in the AHL right now... you know, just sayin'...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The point is will he be a NHL player? Most say yes but most also say 4th line or 3rd at best. We really agree in the end but you like disagreeing with me. White or Blue... pick one. Don't care because I feel he ends up a Blue... NHL player. He is age 22, not age 24 or 25. I'm treating him like a 22 year old prospect and you are treating him like a bust at the age of 24 or 25. Congratulations
No, we do not agree because you are calling him a NHLer before he made it. I love how you ignored my Louis Leblanc question. How did you feel about him at 21? Coming off a good scoring pace in the AHL, with about the same amount of games played, but more points. You would have called LL a NHLer back then too and yet, we all know he never actually became one.
So no, we disagree. I don't think any prospect that I believe will at some point make the NHL to be a NHLer. The day they become regular NHL players, then I'll say that. In the meantime they are prospects.
If you treated Big Mac as a prospect, well you wouldn't call him a NHLer. One contradicts the other.

I am treating him like a prospect that seems incapable of adapting to the game of the NHL. I have seen close to no growth from him over the years. Maybe this will change, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Roke

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Notwithstanding the fact that Seattle IS a great market to expand in, the NHL should just be upfront about the fact that Quebec City will never ever get a team again.

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
Notwithstanding the fact that Seattle IS a great market to expand in, the NHL should just be upfront about the fact that Quebec City will never ever get a team again.

Quebec City's only hope of an NHL team is a situation like Winnipeg where owners want out of the NHL on short notice but there's nobody interested in keeping the team in Atlanta. Maybe Phoenix, Florida, or Carolina will collapse and that will happen.

If pro sports in North America was an open pyramid like soccer is around the world this wouldn't be an issue of course but for whatever reason we prefer to keep the crony capitalism and cartel structure.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal

I wouldn't be surprised if the Habs were a reason for that. I wouldn't blame them for wanting to keep a monopoly on professional hockey in Quebec.

Reactions: optimus2861

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No, we do not agree because you are calling him a NHLer before he made it. I love how you ignored my Louis Leblanc question. How did you feel about him at 21? Coming off a good scoring pace in the AHL, with about the same amount of games played, but more points. You would have called LL a NHLer back then too and yet, we all know he never actually became one.
So no, we disagree. I don't think any prospect that I believe will at some point make the NHL to be a NHLer. The day they become regular NHL players, then I'll say that. In the meantime they are prospects.
If you treated Big Mac as a prospect, well you wouldn't call him a NHLer. One contradicts the other.

I am treating him like a prospect that seems incapable of adapting to the game of the NHL. I have seen close to no growth from him over the years. Maybe this will change, but I'm not holding my breath.

I already answered this... Leblanc and Dumont potential and progression back when is equal to McCarron and DLR today. Same age or close to it

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I already answered this... Leblanc and Dumont potential and progression back when is equal to McCarron and DLR today. Same age or close to it
Well if that is what you think then it makes no sense you call Big Mac already a NHLer when you know for a fact that players like him, at their point in their career, are anything BUT NHLers.

You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar. It's okay, it happens. You can admit to being wrong and we can move on.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
You see Quebec politics being what they are, and the of such issues like the bonjours-hi debacle, makes sure big business wants no part in our cites,

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Schenn is unreal. No clue how we couldn't match that offer. I mean we went for andrew shaw without any hesitation, but backed out on a borderline #1C.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's one thing to just sign them, but to hope that guys like Hemsky and Streit can replace Radulov and Markov is very odd.
Don't have to tell me that buddy. I was called a hater a few years back because I said Bergevin should not rely on Semin to be the solution to our top 6 woes. He was what he was, a reclamation project.
Same with Streit and Hemsky. But you should always plan with the idea that they won't work, that way you aren't exactly back where you were when those projects fail.

If they work, then freaking great, but they should be a bonus, not the guys relied on to improve the team.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well if that is what you think then it makes no sense you call Big Mac already a NHLer when you know for a fact that players like him, at their point in their career, are anything BUT NHLers.

You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar. It's okay, it happens. You can admit to being wrong and we can move on.

McCarron/DLR (Today) = Leblanc/Dumont (2012). However, that don't mean McCarron and DLR turn into what Leblanc and Dumont turned into. McCarron and DLR will be NHL players.

BTW, It's ridiculous how you target just two players and ignore the rest. If this is all you have to disagree with, I'm doing good ;)

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Atlantic Division

If you cant make the play offs in this division you stink.

If you even struggle to make the play offs you are not nearly a contender.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
You see Quebec politics being what they are, and the of such issues like the bonjours-hi debacle, makes sure big business wants no part in our cites,

As someone who doesn't live in Montreal (or Quebec), does anyone care about the Bonjour-Hi thing outside of political-circles? It just seems like such a strange thing to argue about. Whenever I visit I usually just say Bonjour and usually speak English after that.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
McCarron/DLR (Today) = Leblanc/Dumont (2012). However, that don't mean McCarron and DLR turn into what Leblanc and Dumont turned into. McCarron and DLR will be NHL players.

BTW, It's ridiculous how you target just two players and ignore the rest. If this is all you have to disagree with, I'm doing good ;)
That is your opinion. I think Big Mac doesn't become a NHL regular. In any event, you said "will", which is in the future, but you counted him in your present list of NHLers, which shows how little your objectivity is here.
What is ridiculous is you continuing to argue that a player is a NHLer presently, when he is playing in the AHL and has never held a regular roster spot on a NHL team. That is what is f***ing ridiculous.

Reactions: Tighthead

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That is your opinion. I think Big Mac doesn't become a NHL regular. In any event, you said "will", which is in the future, but you counted him in your present list of NHLers, which shows how little your objectivity is here.
What is ridiculous is you continuing to argue that a player is a NHLer presently, when he is playing in the AHL and has never held a regular roster spot on a NHL team. That is what is ****ing ridiculous.

Hudon... 3 years in the AHL. This is McCarron's 3rd year turned pro. Not saying McCarron will be better or equal to Hudon but I am saying he will be a NHL player. This is not a ridiculous statement. It's ridiculous to counter it with the efforts you have been making.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Schenn is unreal. No clue how we couldn't match that offer. I mean we went for andrew shaw without any hesitation, but backed out on a borderline #1C.

Hindsight evaluation. Schenn was a very solid center but he was not the player he is today when he was traded. At age 26, he is really maturing after spending time with several teams and getting traded twice. A lot of teams passed up on him and that asking price due to all the same reasons. It was a bit of a gamble and it has paid off for the Blues.

If the Habs were closer to a cup contender I would of supported us acquireing Schenn. However, I rather have Poehling under team control for several years on a cheap contract vs Schenn who is UFA in 3 years with the team we have today.

People criticize Bergevin for not making a trade like this (using hindsight evaluation) and then also would criticize him for not building through the draft if he did trade our 2017 1st round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad