Out of Town Thread: Sergachev Rising Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Josi and Ekholm really tilting the ice in Nashville. Lots of tilting going on there with those guys 1-2 in dman scoring on that team.

Wonder if @japhi will talk about Subban being tied for 1st on the team in D scoring now (both in points and goals) or if he will wait until Ekholm gets a couple of points before mentioning anything about Nashville's D.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Looking at Preds roster, it's crazy how a management with a small market, limited $, and lot of players leaving first chance at UFA, can put together so many good young players without a large number of lottery picks. I mean they've had more injuries to key players than Habs already and completely not phased.
It is a team that has been well assembled.

But if you use the Habs as comparison so if Vegas.

Jul 6, 2016
It is a team that has been well assembled.

But if you use the Habs as comparison so if Vegas.

It too Poile 20 years to achieve that.... And he was darn lucky to get Forsberg and Subban from two brainless GM"s.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
It too Poile 20 years to achieve that.... And he was darn lucky to get Forsberg and Subban from two brainless GM"s.

Call me crazy but I'd ignore the immediate years after expansion - the expansion draft rules were never as good as it was for Vegas.

Not that he's perfect but in the 13 years since the lockout, Poile managed to build/rebuild/retool multiple times and put together some quality teams with all the limitations of a small market team that has trouble re-signing their best players. The scouting/development team he put together is amazingly consistent. Whether it is Weber in 2003, Hornqvist in 2005, Josi in 2008, Ekholm in 2009, or Arvidsson/Turris (Girard/Kamanev) in 2014/2015. They find ways to keep adding quality players.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Poile pulled it off again, Johansen, Subban and now Turris.

Not really
The reason why Nashville are good is because they are pretty good at drafting
Tolvanen, Girard, Fiala, Arvidsson, Seith Jones, Ellis, Ekholm, Josi, Rinne, Weber, Suter, etc.

Most of his trades were fair value or a slight win

Jones for Johansen.
Jones is looking like a really good top 2 defenseman, and will probably end up a number 1 D.
I'd say Jones is looking like a much better player than Johansen.

Weber for Subban
Slight win because of age

Turris for Girard + 2nd + Kamenev.
As of now its looking like a win for Poile, but Girard has the potential to become a pretty good defenseman

The forsberg trade is really the only one that he won hands down. It looked awful for the capitals back then, and it still looks awful now.

I don't think he's really that involve on their drafting/scouting, but I could be wrong
He has a plan tho. I'll give him that. He sees his teams weakness and he tries to fix them. He sees his team can contend and tries to make them better. All things that Bergevin hasn't been doing...

Reactions: OldCraig71

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't think he's really that involve on their drafting/scouting, but I could be wrong
He has a plan tho. I'll give him that. He sees his teams weakness and he tries to fix them. He sees his team can contend and tries to make them better. All things that Bergevin hasn't been doing...

Even if he doesn't have a hand in drafting/scouting/development, he found the right people to make it work throughout many years regardless of personnel changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad