OT: Ottawa food thread!

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
Haven't gone yet! Going to Table Sodam Sun Nov 13 - and thanks for the suggestions! - and then trying to catch the game Nov 14 so may likely go to the usual haunts (Elgin St Diner/Shawarma Palace etc.) for some classic late night eats after the game.
Table Sodam - excellent
Datsun on Elgin - excellent
You guys are the best, thanks for the recommendations!!

Ralph Malfredsson

Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
1668745455501.png

Ottawa Shawarma > Montreal Shawarma >> Toronto Shawarma ainec

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Coming up for a Silverstein concert at the Brass Monkey, can't wait to visit my favourite restaurant Thai Coconut in Hogs Back!

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Can someone recommend a bakery or cake shop in downtown Ottawa? I have a friend over there and I'd like to send his family a gift card for dessert or something that they can make an afternoon trip out of.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson
Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Good coffee bean recommendation for Orleans and east. It is a small operation and only roasts the beans until you order. If in Orleans it is delivered for free to your door the same or next day. $1 or $2 delivery to other east end areas, depending on the postal code - as below.

It is very good and fresh coffee, and you get a full pound instead of 12 ounces. I have tried a couple of different roasts and do like the medium roast Guatemala Huehuetenango.

Free to the following postal codes: K4A, K1E, K1C, K1W, the Beacon Hill North portion of K1J, and the Blackburn Hamlet portion of K1B.
$1 delivery charge to the following postal code prefixes: K1B (outside Blackburn Hamlet), K1J (outside Beacon Hill North), and K1K.
$2 delivery charge to the following postal code prefixes: K1A, K1G, K1H, K1L, K1M, K1N, K1P, K1R, K1S, K1Y, K1Z, K2P, K4C.

If you don't see your postal code prefix, there is no delivery to your area.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Can someone recommend a bakery or cake shop in downtown Ottawa? I have a friend over there and I'd like to send his family a gift card for dessert or something that they can make an afternoon trip out of.
Oh So Good.
It is in the Market.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
French baker on Murray

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Who makes Burgers better than Five Guys in this city?

Works aint it.
King Eddy is alright.
Manhattans is alright.
BFF is pretty good.
Burger Priest is shit.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Who makes Burgers better than Five Guys in this city?

Works aint it.
King Eddy is alright.
Manhattans is alright.
BFF is pretty good.
Burger Priest is shit.
Tastiest burgers I've had were just plain and simple sliders at Joey Lansdowne. Still meaning to try Art is in Bakery for their fancy Big Mac.

Craft does $6 burgers and pints on Tuesdays, they were pretty good.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
The best burger I had in the city was at BFF and the worst burger I had in the city was at BFF. Do with that information what you will.

It wasn't my favourite (got it take out instead of eating at the restaurant) but basically everyone I know swears by Chez Lucien.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Well gotta check out Chez Lucien now

edit..

NVM, been there a couple of times like 4-5 years ago. its a 7/10 for me.

Five Guys i dont know why anything doesn't compare to it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I've only had five guys once and wasn't really impressed. It's been a while though... I just didn't find they really stood out and was disappointed more because of the hype I'd heard.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ralph Malfredsson

Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
I've only had five guys once and wasn't really impressed. It's been a while though... I just didn't find they really stood out and was disappointed more because of the hype I'd heard.
I had the grilled cheese and a patty last week at Five Guys (the patty melt hack that was all over TikTok - you ask for a grilled cheese with a patty and any toppings in it)

It's a little greasy and messy. Calorie heavy. But IMO it's the superior option at Five Guys over the burger.

Barley Mow's burgers are pretty good.
what is this place?

Attachments

• 20230110_155253.jpg
    20230110_155253.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad