OT: Ottawa food thread!

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I need to give a shout-out to Big Bone BBQ, on Eagleson Rd, not far from CTC.

So far their poutine, both smoked and fried wing options and pulled pork have been very good. Their fries alone are fantastic. Reasonable pricing and friendly staff, to cap it off.

They don't advertise it (I told them they should) but they are nut free and as my son has a severe allergy, when I found this place a few weeks ago before a game, we had to go again on Tuesday before the Jackets game.

Bg +1 to Big Bone. Was a go-to when I was living in the area. If you're a hot sauce fan, their 911 Inferno sauce is an absolute banger.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Had some PiSquared pizza last night. Damn it’s good!

Attachments

• IMG_4559.jpeg
    IMG_4559.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: DrEasy

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Gawd damn you mysens, now I'm craving pizza big time, what kind are those? The mushroom one looks really good
The mushroom one is called "Fun-Guy" amazing. The the others were meat loves, Caprese, Rustic Italian and Margherita. Ask for them well-done and it will satisfy you more than you know. Perfect for this evening, on Uber eats as well.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The mushroom one is called "Fun-Guy" amazing. The the others were meat loves, Caprese, Rustic Italian and Margherita. Ask for them well-done and it will satisfy you more than you know. Perfect for this evening, on Uber eats as well.
I'm in the east end, so idk if they'd like me very much ordering delivery, maybe I'll pick some up a night I head to the office during the week

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I ordered heron smash burgers on Uber eats. It was a 8/10. Can’t find a physical location assuming it a ghost kitchen :(

Reactions: DrEasy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Best pizza in town if you haven’t tried is PiSquared. And this is coming from an Italian who married an Italian from Italy. Try it if you have not. The dough is sourdough so it is not filling and doesn’t bloat you.

Have not tried it. But heart breakers holds the crown currently for me.

Pizza nerds has had a massive quality drop for me

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Making, many years ago, would have been near the top of that list.

Prior ownership was amazing.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Any been to Gyubee yet? New location opened on Merivale recently. It's got amazing google reviews, but it's always hard to fully believe those.

Had some PiSquared pizza last night. Damn it

Had some PiSquared pizza last night. Damn it’s good!
In my neck of the woods, I've been tempted to try it out and now I think I will! Have you had their wings or homemade sauces?

Reactions: Senscore

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Any been to Gyubee yet? New location opened on Merivale recently. It's got amazing google reviews, but it's always hard to fully believe those.

In my neck of the woods, I've been tempted to try it out and now I think I will! Have you had their wings or homemade sauces?

Gyubee is excellent.

Hefty price, and you're a bit tightly packed, but the staff are attentive and the food is excellent, especially if you enjoy meat.

It can be a tad annoying waiting for a handful of zucchini to cook on the grill but it is all you can eat, and if you get a good rhythm going it's not a huge problem.

I'd call and ask about the reservation/lineup procedure. I got in with friends and they explained that Gyubee wanted a full group of 6 to set a reservation, just to make sure there were no wasted spaces.

Maybe it's calmed down a bit now, I can't be sure.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

My kids go crazy for their garlic sauce. They say it is the best. Now, if teenagers are eating garlic sauce on a Saturday night, you gotta know it is good! Their wings are excellent too.

Reactions: Pancakes Pancakes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad