OT Non-Ski Resort Thread - Part I - New Beginnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
If you are indeed switching just walk into the store.
Can't do that with all carriers unfortunately . Phoned into a Koodo (Brentwood) to see if any walk in locations can switch plans: was told no & that if I wanted to do that maybe I should switch carriers (to Telus).

Their phone line is saying that due to high volume of calls that you should call back later. Doesn't give you options for a call back or to stay on hold. You can't even do it online either...

Gotta love that customer service

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Can't do that with all carriers unfortunately . Phoned into a Koodo (Brentwood) to see if any walk in locations can switch plans: was told no & that if I wanted to do that maybe I should switch carriers (to Telus).

Their phone line is saying that due to high volume of calls that you should call back later. Doesn't give you options for a call back or to stay on hold. You can't even do it online either...

Gotta love that customer service

After staying on hold for an hour I got through. They said they’ll call me back between 24-48hrs and honor the plan. They’re slammed. Guy said over 700 calls today.

Just keep calling.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I see with Fido I can go from 1GB to 3GB for the same $55 I pay now. It's worth a try if I can get through I guess.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Finally got through with Fido. Doesn't make sense for me because I would have to pay $250 to pay off my phone, and I would only be saving $120 total, with the extra data, but that's not worth $130 to me.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Finally got through with Fido. Doesn't make sense for me because I would have to pay $250 to pay off my phone, and I would only be saving $120 total, with the extra data, but that's not worth $130 to me.

Yeah, my options were to pay $507.91 to pay off my phone, just to save $240 for an extra 7 gigs of data (most which I won't use), or increase my phone bill by $15/month ($360 over the next 24 months). I'm at 3 gigs of data after having lived with just 2 for so long. Gonna stand pat and keep an eye out on future promotions.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
just saw Marchand's twin jaywalking across the street. When I noticed the striking similarity to Marchand (nose and everything) it took every bit of good in me not to hit the gas and run him over.

Last edited:

member 290103

I was on hold 3 hours yesterday and was disconnected. Got up at 5am and called and got through in 1 hour. I was 0n a small business plan with a corp discount on three lines previously for 5gb at $59 per month. Converted that to 10gb for $1 more. Can't beat that.

Thought it was funny when the rep at Rogers tried to talk me out of it by telling me I could never get a subsidized phone using that deal and that I could not get Roam Like Home. I told him the deal did have Roam Like Home and he said it did not as it was not a "Share Plan." Did not argue, did not really care about that with phones being unlocked now, but noticed he was wrong after I got a text saying "welcome to roam like home."

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Anyone have a ps4?

Add me @bigdadrohan

Chel and Gran Turismo

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
so I assume everyone jumping from 5gb to 10gb will now have to train themselves to watch more video? Goodluck, would be interesting to know if it changes behaviour pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad