OT Non-Ski Resort Thread - Part I - New Beginnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Well, Daryl isn't in the comics.

Another example of where the show is better off doing it's own thing.

Well they have a very good opportunity to deviate completely from the comics. Robert Kirkman left AMC so with him gone, Gimple may want to do his own thing. I believe Kirkman is even suing AMC.

Reactions: WTG

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I hardly watch wrestling these days, but the "Broken" Matt Hardy stuff is pretty awesome. Hopefully, the WWE doesn't screw him up.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I use to love TWD, but it is a shadow of itself. They draw out some parts that really don't need to be drawn our don't explain things that should be explained, it's just bad writing. It could be great again. Reminds me a bit of the end of 24 where they were just going for shocking events.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Hope all of you have seen those deals for 10gb of data for $60 with the carriers.(freedom is technically the best offer but has poor service grid). Getting nothing close to that offered in this country nowadays.

Must own your phone outright

Edit: had to stay on line to reach retention with Koodo for 2hrs but the guy changed mine, my SO, and my dad's account. He apologized for the wait because they are swamped with people asking for the deal.

Obviously if they had just made it an option to upgrade they wouldn't have that problem but the carriers don't like to make things easy.

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I just got a subsidized iPhone X ($999 + a $200 credit on my bill) on a deal with Fido that's $70/month with 3 gb data. So tempted to take the $60/10gb offer, but would have to pay $507.91 to break my contract. Alternately I could increase my bill to $85/month and take that deal.

Likely going to just sit on what I have though and wait/hope something like this comes up next year. Would only be $260 to buyout my contract at that time.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I just got a subsidized iPhone X ($999 + a $200 credit on my bill) on a deal with Fido that's $70/month with 3 gb data. So tempted to take the $60/10gb offer, but would have to pay $507.91 to break my contract. Alternately I could increase my bill to $85/month and take that deal.

Likely going to just sit on what I have though and wait/hope something like this comes up next year. Would only be $260 to buyout my contract at that time.

Sorry bud i forgot that pretty key part. Hope I didn't waste too much of your time.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
HEY Everyone, Koodo, Fido and I believe Virgin Mobile all got 10gb for $60. Ends Dec 19th. This is a steal.

Edit: Seems like I got beat. I can’t get a hold of Koodo. They’re asking for me to call back I’m wondering if I should just go to the store and get it.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
HEY Everyone, Koodo, Fido and I believe Virgin Mobile all got 10gb for $60. Ends Dec 19th. This is a steal.

Edit: Seems like I got beat. I can’t get a hold of Koodo. They’re asking for me to call back I’m wondering if I should just go to the store and get it.

If you are with koodo you could just keep redialing. I did that and eventually got through. Long process though. You have to talk to someone then forward to the retention queue.

The guy said the best time to call is right at opening. Their hours of operation are on the site.

I wouldn't be surprised if you went into the store and they told you you had to call in.

If you aren't with Koodo they'll definitely do it on the spot in store.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
If you are with koodo you could just keep redialing. I did that and eventually got through. Long process though. You have to talk to someone then forward to the retention queue.

The guy said the best time to call is right at opening. Their hours of operation are on the site.

I wouldn't be surprised if you went into the store and they told you you had to call in.

If you aren't with Koodo they'll definitely do it on the spot in store.

Yeah I got through, I’m on hold right now. I do quite a bit of traveling and when I do I end up using way more data and my monthly bill blows up to $100+ w/o the roam like home add on cost - all from adding additional data. This should help me stay under 100$ w/ the roam like home fee.

If it doesn’t work today I’ll try agakn tomorrow.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Yeah I got through, I’m on hold right now. I do quite a bit of traveling and when I do I end up using way more data and my monthly bill blows up to $100+ w/o the roam like home add on cost - all from adding additional data. This should help me stay under 100$ w/ the roam like home fee.

If it doesn’t work today I’ll try agakn tomorrow.

Yeah just be patient. You'll get through. It takes a couple hours sadly(2hours of Christmas tunes) but the people working the phones are helpful as long as you are nice to them. They are swamped I'm sure. The deal is available with every carrier right now so they won't even argue.

They will ask you to check your account online to verify so if you have a computer up and ready to go it'll help them move things quickly. Need your 4-6 digit PIN again.

Last edited:

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Yeah just be patient. You'll get through. It takes a couple hours sadly but the people working the phones are helpful as long as you are nice to them. They are swamped I'm sure. The deal is available with every carrier right now so they won't even argue.

They will ask you to check your account online to verify so if you have a computer up and ready to go it'll help them move things quickly. Need your 4-6 digit PIN again.

Yeah I just went through the first CS person. Now on hold for retention person. I just leave it on on speaker through my google home mini while I food prep. So no big deal. Plus this christmas on hold music is OFF THE HOOK.

I had 53$ for 6gb - 60 w/ tax so an extra 7$ for 4 more GB is a deal. Props to have your whole family hooked up!

Reactions: NoShowWilly

member 290103

Sigh. Call failed after being on hold for 2.5hrs. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow morning.

Same thing happened to me! 3.5 hours on hold for Rogers. I am thinking of calling up or visiting Telus. f***ing Rogers.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Sigh. Call failed after being on hold for 2.5hrs. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow morning.

Same thing happened to me! 3.5 hours on hold for Rogers. I am thinking of calling up or visiting Telus. ****ing Rogers.

I think you'll get this with everyone. You'll be waiting for some time. I'm going to try again when they open at 9am.

Yeah, it's best to call them right when they open/start taking calls. They're just going to get busier and busier as the day goes on.

member 290103

Yeah, it's best to call them right when they open/start taking calls. They're just going to get busier and busier as the day goes on.

Can you still switch on Tuesday? I set up an appointment for them to call me on Tuesday, but at that point is it too late?

The other thing I was wondering - would it be better to go in and visit them in store?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Can you still switch on Tuesday? I set up an appointment for them to call me on Tuesday, but at that point is it too late?

The other thing I was wondering - would it be better to go in and visit them in store?
It looks like the deal ends Monday/December 18th with all the carriers, so at that point it would be too late unless they decide to extend it. I have no clue if they would set you up with the deal in-store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad