OT Non-Ski Resort Thread - Part I - New Beginnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
How does seatle screw up so badly building an effective airport? Who designed this monstrocity??? Really have trains? Because its cute?

Also the tsa line is 45 minutes long. Never understood the tsa, real good job. It is a complete sham, just pay extra and you can just ignore the tsa. What effective securty! Basically run like the mob.

Geush2uhshwuwusu181uw8fhudusshdhducudud8

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
We just had a flash power outage. Bam. No power. Then back on right away like nothing happened.

I heard about the snow but missed it. Was asleep for that.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I'm in deep trouble, lol.

So I've been living and working in Shanghai for a few years, and am just about to end a 3 week vacation (started on the 5th and go back to work on the 26th). My problem is that my sleep schedule is severely messed up. Been going to bed between 6:30-7:00 am and getting up at like 2:30-3:00 PM.

Any ideas on what I can do between now and the 26th to get my sleep schedule back on track? (My works starts at 9 AM). I feel like I might have to pull a 24-hour day here before the 26th and go through hell. I'm open to sleeping pills but don't know too much about the dangers, etc.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers. (6:35 am right now in Shanghai as of this writing. Thinking about heading to bed, but also thinking about going to Starbucks for breakfast and just pretend that I'm starting my day, lol).

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

So I've been living and working in Shanghai for a few years, and am just about to end a 3 week vacation (started on the 5th and go back to work on the 26th). My problem is that my sleep schedule is severely messed up. Been going to bed between 6:30-7:00 am and getting up at like 2:30-3:00 PM.

Any ideas on what I can do between now and the 26th to get my sleep schedule back on track? (My works starts at 9 AM). I feel like I might have to pull a 24-hour day here before the 26th and go through hell. I'm open to sleeping pills but don't know too much about the dangers, etc.

Cheers. (6:35 am right now in Shanghai as of this writing. Thinking about heading to bed, but also thinking about going to Starbucks for breakfast and just pretend that I'm starting my day, lol).
Melatonin. No idea how you'd get it in China, but that stuff will reset your circadian rhythm in two days tops.

Reactions: Josepho

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Also, this:

mzz66143_brown_xl

I am the proud owner of just such a turkey hat. Wore it to work yesterday as that was my last day until after New Years (have some vacation time I still have to burn off this year). All the way to work on the skytrain in from Edmonds to downtown, nobody says a thing.

Nothing. No one will acknowledge I have a polyester turkey on my head.

Stadium. On gets a woman and three little girls. Oldest is 9-10, youngest 4-5. The wee one sees me, she starts tugging at mom's jacket and saying: "Mom...! Mom...? Mommy...?" Mom's doing her best to pretend I'm this kid's imaginary friend. She's ushering her kids over to the corner, trying to avoid her wee one drawing the attention of the nearby lunatic. I've had a wee one myself, I know the tone. Granville next stop, that's me. Doors open, out I go, and no sooner does my boot hit the platform than I hear this little girl's voice clear as a bell say: "...but that man had a turkey head, mom!"

:laugh:

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore

Head down to Main and Hastings and stand in front of the Carnegie Center on the Main Street side. You can get anything you want there. What you're looking for are benzos. I get insomnia myself and when it hits I head down there and I literally always something there. You might have to wait around five, ten minutes but don't despair, help will arrive. Going rate is three bucks a piece. I have Xanax, Imovane, Restoril and Valium on hand (I like variety). For pure sleep purposes Restoril and Imovane are most effective I find, but they all work. Serax is another good one for sleep. Don't use them more than two nights in a row as they quickly lose their effectiveness. And do not take a liking to the buzz (it's very nice). They are highly addictive. Two or three nights and take a break.

Of course you could try asking you dr but doctors hate writing sleeping pill prescriptions and it's often not worth the hassle. You could try over the counter diphenhydramine first, Nytol, Sominex etc. It might help.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Thanks for the tips guys. :).

I went to bed at 7 AM last night and got up at 11:30 (had to take care of some chores).

Worked out in the gym after that as well and so that, plus my lack of sleep, has me feeling pretty tired. I'm hoping to crash at around 2 AM. Will see what happens!

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
3:14 AM as of this writing. Still can't fall asleep despite 4.5 hours of sleep the previous night. I might go full zombie and stay up for the next 20 or so hours. Or - will do a full 8 tonight at some point and then do the 24 hour thing until Sunday evening my time. Thanks again for the tips guys - sleeping pills are tough to come by here (Doctors-prescripted), and I'm not into any other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad