OT Non-Ski Resort Thread - Part I - New Beginnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
My uncle did that once. He's a scientist who worked for some big tech company and walked into a Safeway Christmas party that was being hosted in the same building as his. Didn't even realize it until the next week when everyone at work asked him where he was. It was a big company apparently but he should have figured it out when the only guy he talked to told him he worked in the meat department.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Hey ya'll, if you haven't been to Smak Healthy Fast Food, I recommend it. You don't feel like shit after eating it.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Anyone else watch the mid-season finale of TWD last night? All I have to say is Wow.
I did, but my interest has been waining all season. I'm surprised they are going to

************SPOILER ALERT*********************

Kill off Carl. But what would be worse is a Glenn type revival out of an impossible position. Though Gimble did not give that impression at all on Talking Dead.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Was a Walking Dead diehard from the very beginning but I gave up like 2 years ago. It just wasn't worth it anymore.... I remember being asked one day: What ending would be a suitable payoff for all the hours you put into the show? And for the life of me I wasn't able to think of one. I don't think the show runners could come up with one either.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I gave up on that show for pretty much that reason in 2012. I can't for the life of me figure out why people like watching a maleable group of people wandering around aimlessly for hours with no particular plan or goal.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I am currently 2 eps behind on TWD because well Christmas, will have to come back here when I finally get a chance to watch it. Maybe tonight.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Did I miss something? Are we just not even bothering with GTD anymore?
Pssttt...look for this at the bottom right of the page next to "Post New Thread"

OegVDEw.png

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Ignore lists operate a little differently on this "new" board. You not only will not see that person's posts & people that quote that person's posts....but ALSO threads started by that individual.

Yeah, it's really annoying. I have missed a lot of threads because of this.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ignore lists operate a little differently on this "new" board. You not only will not see that person's posts & people that quote that person's posts....but ALSO threads started by that individual.

Isn’t that great :)

I can ignore the Debbie downers and c-walk into my crip wearin stance *****

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I gave up on that show for pretty much that reason in 2012. I can't for the life of me figure out why people like watching a maleable group of people wandering around aimlessly for hours with no particular plan or goal.
Same. Loved the 1st season or so. It had all the big questions you'd be asking yourself if it happened to you

what would happen in a zombie apocolypse

* who is around that's still alive
* do you find them or go it alone
* where is the safest spot around
* perils of trying to get food and medicine
* what's causing the zombies
* is there a cure
* is there a big safe base somewhere for survivors
* paranoia. Is there a zombie hunting you? can you trust your friends? can you trust strangers?

Once those had run their course what was left of the zombie apocolypse story you fell in love with?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Same. Loved the 1st season or so. It had all the big questions you'd be asking yourself if it happened to you

what would happen in a zombie apocolypse

* who is around that's still alive
* do you find them or go it alone
* where is the safest spot around
* perils of trying to get food and medicine
* what's causing the zombies
* is there a cure
* is there a big safe base somewhere for survivors
* paranoia. Is there a zombie hunting you? can you trust your friends? can you trust strangers?

Once those had run their course what was left of the zombie apocolypse story you fell in love with?

this-post-now-belongs-to-negan-5739764.png

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Negan disappoints as a villain. The Governor was far more interesting.

The governor in the comics >>>>>>>> The governor in the show

I cannot believe they took the best parts about the governor plot and removed it, plus stretched his plot line out over 2 seasons.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Speaking about shows, currently watching Mad Men. Geez, what a show, I feel like all the bad shit they are doing is just on the edge of blowing up in their face. That's good writing, however, the language they use like "swell" is pretty cringe worthy.

Started watching it, because of the announcement that Jon Ham was playing Batman in a upcoming movie. I can see it.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
The governor in the comics >>>>>>>> The governor in the show

I cannot believe they took the best parts about the governor plot and removed it, plus stretched his plot line out over 2 seasons.
Same for Negan, no? Comic Negan far outweighs TV Negan? That's what I've heard, but haven't read the comics.

I tried to watch Mad Men, was bored halfway through the first episode. My mom and other people her generation thought it was fantastic, but the nostalgia was lost on me.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Same for Negan, no? Comic Negan far outweighs TV Negan? That's what I've heard, but haven't read the comics.

I tried to watch Mad Men, was bored halfway through the first episode. My mom and other people her generation thought it was fantastic, but the nostalgia was lost on me.

Haven't got to Negan in the comics yet he arrives on issue 100, I'm only on issue around 70. But what I've heard is it's a pretty comic accurate portrayal. Honestly, I like it when the show doesn't take too closely to the comics. The comic focuses on certain characters, and since the show can't hire prime time actors they usually have to make due, so the show has different fan favorites based off the actor. Think Glenn for a moment, who in the comics, isn't such a major focus, but since he really made that character his own in the show, he became a fan favorite. They need to do more like that, and less strict to the characters and how they are portrayed in the comics.

For the sake of budget limitations. Also, i know I just contradicted myself, but still. The governor in the comics was waaaaaaaaaay more brutal then the one in the show.

Mad Men for me is very interesting, it's like a time piece on the old days. Where everybody treats everyone like garbage, especially women. Not that I see it as a good thing, but like "Wolf of Wall Street" kind of way.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I haven't read TWD comics so I really have nothing to compare it to. I do like Negan's character though. The way JDM plays it he's a guy who just gives no f***s.

I'm disappointed with what they've done with Daryl's character. He's just become this quiet guy who still kicks ass but has a much smaller role.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I haven't read TWD comics so I really have nothing to compare it to. I do like Negan's character though. The way JDM plays it he's a guy who just gives no ****s.

I'm disappointed with what they've done with Daryl's character. He's just become this quiet guy who still kicks ass but has a much smaller role.

Well, Daryl isn't in the comics.

Another example of where the show is better off doing it's own thing.

Reactions: y2kcanucks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad