Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Yes. When you pickle things, they last longer….
Loving the classic Oshawa memory lane. It really didn't change much when I was coming up. It was always Coral, Rileys/Junction and Atria 10 years ago where all the trouble was.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Loving the classic Oshawa memory lane. It really didn't change much when I was coming up. It was always Coral, Rileys/Junction and Atria 10 years ago where all the trouble was.

I could tell loads of stories about the Atria back around 1990.

Babs716

Sep 22, 2023
Yes. When you pickle things, they last longer….
This reminds of every old timers tournament my dad dragged me to growing up….pickle eggs, pickled sausages…pickled whatever.

Currently have a Costco size jar of pickled eggs in my fridge though…the nostalgia

Reactions: Logosarejusttargets

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
This reminds of every old timers tournament my dad dragged me to growing up….pickle eggs, pickled sausages…pickled whatever.

Currently have a Costco size jar of pickled eggs in my fridge though…the nostalgia

That’s not the same. It needs to be an old jar sitting on top the bar with some tongs beside it to fish your own egg out!

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
This team is crumbling before our eyes this week. I don't if it's the Lockhart distraction or what but this team is playing like Oct/Nov Generals. Not the Dec/Jan Generals.

They keep this up, they are getting rolled against London.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
This team is crumbling before our eyes this week. I don't if it's the Lockhart distraction or what but this team is playing like Oct/Nov Generals. Not the Dec/Jan Generals.

Clearly there is some form of distraction that is affecting the team. Maybe it is Lockhart but there were other players under team suspension. Maybe that has gotten a few noses out of joint?

They will need something to unify them again. Maybe the Niagara/Erie trip can do something to get them back bonded.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I don't think I need to see the trainwreck that is coming Sunday. Gonna start the super bowl party early.

Until this Lockhart things gets resolved one way or another, this teams heads are not in it.

Reactions: Roadhog

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Every team goes through slumps. Missing 1 player won’t be that big of a deal. Hurts them sure but lots of teams have players out always as well- injuries or suspensions. Part of the game.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Every team goes through slumps. Missing 1 player won’t be that big of a deal. Hurts them sure but lots of teams have players out always as well- injuries or suspensions. Part of the game.
I think its different when the player is being investigated by police rather than a simple injury or suspension

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I think its different when the player is being investigated by police rather than a simple injury or suspension
Yes it is slightly different however if any of them want to make it on further than the ohl they don’t let that noise bother them in game. It’s unfortunate whatever happened but that shouldn’t throw a whole team off.

Regardless a body is a body and Lockhart is a good player but he’s only 1 player. Gens outshot Flint today not sure why nobody is giving credit to Nathan Day who stopped 30/32. Lots of things go into how games turn out.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Yes it is slightly different however if any of them want to make it on further than the ohl they don’t let that noise bother them in game. It’s unfortunate whatever happened but that shouldn’t throw a whole team off.

Regardless a body is a body and Lockhart is a good player but he’s only 1 player. Gens outshot Flint today not sure why nobody is giving credit to Nathan Day who stopped 30/32. Lots of things go into how games turn out.
I think if you watched their effort the last 2 games, it's very telling. Sure Kingston won 6-4 but the game played like Kingston won 8-1

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
They were 3/3 in their first string of games when a mix of Lockhart, Marelli, and Sennecke were being reprimanded. The talent is there to win without Lockhart. Just an awful time to revert back to the sloppiness from earlier in the season.

Going to be a busy day for Oster tomorrow if they play the same way as their last 2 games.

Reactions: Roadhog

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Not a gens fan but that diving call was horseshit. As if the knights need more help this season…

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Not a gens fan but that diving call was horseshit. As if the knights need more help this season…

The embellishment call was 100% warranted.
D’amoto acted like like he got shot in the face.
You could tell this was the way this game was going to go the way Oshawa came out in the third.

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
You mean the 8 penalties called on the Knights in the 1st vs 3 for Oshawa wasn’t enough?
I didn’t watch the first. I watched a guy take a stick in the face and called for a dive along with the high stick. Are games supposed to be officiated that way? Diving called because of too many calls in the first period???

Maybe in London I guess.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
7th is a big stretch. 5th is likely. 6th maybe. 7th? Can’t see it.
Either way, they don't deserve to win anything the way they are playing. If they don't win the next 3 games ( 2x Niagara, Erie) Then they will definitely not win a playoff series.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Either way, they don't deserve to win anything the way they are playing. If they don't win the next 3 games ( 2x Niagara, Erie) Then they will definitely not win a playoff series.
Every team goes through a rough patch. The question is why? Is it because of the off ice distraction or something else?

Reactions: yacky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad