Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Here are the top jrc players from the peterborough tourney

Screenshot_20240131_201919_Chrome.jpg

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Thank you guys for your followup. Not the most encouraging updates but appreciated nonetheless,

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Do they not track stats? Hard to know how hes been playing
I seem to remember reading they stopped publishing stats a couple years back because psycho parents would be freaking out their little boy didn't get the second assist they "deserved". I'm not 100% sure if that's a really the reason but it would make sense.

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
I seem to remember reading they stopped publishing stats a couple years back because psycho parents would be freaking out their little boy didn't get the second assist they "deserved". I'm not 100% sure if that's a really the reason but it would make sense.
Sadly that makes a lot of sense. I know that the GTHL stopped reporting certain stats about a decade ago because of that reason. Parents were also using stats to pressure coaches etc...

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Glad see they performed well while missing Lockart, Sennecke, Marrelli and Oster. As well as Kumpulainen playing injured to fill the roster.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
We ended up getting a decent game last night. The Petes actually wanted to play hockey so it made for a good game. Might’ve been a bit more lop sided if our full line up was playing, but still nice to see guys like Ritchie, Rolofs, and Buckley continue to put up point with the mishmashed lines

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
With Brantford's loss to North Bay today, tomorrow nights game will determine 1st in the Division. Should be a good one.

One thing to note, it is possible that Oshawa is still without Lockhart and Sennecke due their violation of team rules.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Oshawa absolutely tearing it up. The last time they lost by more than 1 was Nov 26 (Sud 7 - Osh 5) but that including an empty net. You have to go back to Nov 10 (Osh 1 - Ott 4) for a legit multi point loss.

Oshawa playing some great hockey, setting themselves up to go deep this post season.

Reactions: HUSH10

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Watching on Rogers as an impartial observer. Maybe don't do the skate by fist bumps on goals 7 and 8...
I am definitely not a gens fan....but.... what if the guy who scores the 7th or 8th goal has just scored his first OHL goal? Maybe he just scored and set a record for the Gens ? I mean it's competitive hockey, its not the team who scored 7,8,9 goals responsibility to make sure the team getting hammered feels good about themselves. I don't think you ever goal 1 or 10 need to act like a goofball -- but fist bumps aren't showing up a team.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Former Gens coach DJ Smith reportedly hired as an assistant in LA. Good on him!

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
Responding to the 7 and 8 fist bumps…

I don‘t think it was a case of rubbing salt into wounds.

The Gens rarely fist bump the goalie after a goal. I took last night’s actions as less of a celebration and more of a “we got you covered, bud”.

It hasn’t happened often, but the last couple of seasons have seen some Gens leads disappear quickly with no offensive response.

Yeah, they had a big lead. I believe that it was to calm any Oster jitters.

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Responding to the 7 and 8 fist bumps…

I don‘t think it was a case of rubbing salt into wounds.

The Gens rarely fist bump the goalie after a goal. I took last night’s actions as less of a celebration and more of a “we got you covered, bud”.

It hasn’t happened often, but the last couple of seasons have seen some Gens leads disappear quickly with no offensive response.

Yeah, they had a big lead. I believe that it was to calm any Oster jitters.
Best way to not be "embarrassed" by your opponent is to not let them score 7 or 8 goals.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Oshawa without Lockart for the 4th straight game due to violating team rules.

note: He was not even in attendance last game

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
awful effort across the board. No hustle, no intensity and zero effort for 45 minutes of the game.

Do better.

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Was he holding up a sign of Connor Lockhart on a Milk Carton?
That would have been creative, humourous and original - instead he resorted to trash talking Heyes - and one about "Chirping isn't a crime". I have to admit the turtle one, where he actually printed off a picture of heyes to pop in and out of the turtle shell was decent - but a bit too much time was spent on it.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
That would have been creative, humourous and original - instead he resorted to trash talking Heyes - and one about "Chirping isn't a crime". I have to admit the turtle one, where he actually printed off a picture of heyes to pop in and out of the turtle shell was decent - but a bit too much time was spent on it.
Oshawa fans are the last fans in the league that should be calling out another team for turtling...
1707322066749.png

Reactions: cleodog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad