Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Glad to see Lockhart back for you guys. I know the story and he did nothing wrong by the law. Violation of team rules yes. But glad for him to be back on the ice

Reactions: Zebra

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Glad to see Lockhart back for you guys. I know the story and he did nothing wrong by the law. Violation of team rules yes. But glad for him to be back on the ice
I am glad too -he is a tremendous player
One of the most underrated in the OHL
You’re lucky to have him

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Look for the Leafs to sign Connor Punnett to a futures contract any day now. Could be as early as tomorrow.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Very impressive game from Bender. Flubbed the one goal but bounced back after that. Felt like the cheap shot on Ritchie gave the team some life going into the 3rd. Glad to see he was the one who ended it in OT.

gensfan63

May 16, 2018
Great game last last against the 67s. Anyone know what is wrong with Rolof and if he will will be out long ?

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Great game last last against the 67s. Anyone know what is wrong with Rolof and if he will will be out long ?
Heard he took a puck off the ankle in warm up in London. Was wearing a boot. Didn’t see if he still had it on last night.

Reactions: gensfan63

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Glad he went to the Stars instead of your earlier post having him possibly signing with the Leafs. Hard worker that plays with an edge.
at the time, Leafs were said to be the highest on him. I'm also glad he went to Dallas

Reactions: OMG67

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
at the time, Leafs were said to be the highest on him. I'm also glad he went to Dallas

As a Leafs fan, I’d like to have had them sign him but I am not sure the depth chart for the LEafs suits Punnet. I think Punnet was more likely to choose more wisely than to pick Toronto.

squireprods

May 8, 2023
Did anyone see what happened at 12:38 in the 2nd period of tonight’s game against the Brantford Bulldogs? Penalty pending while oshawa had the puck. Oshawa scores. Bulldogs start a brawl. Somehow we end up with a penalty to kill?!
I get how the goal was disallowed but how did the generals end up getting the more penalties from that. Seemed like bulldogs were the initiator of the conflict.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Did anyone see what happened at 12:38 in the 2nd period of tonight’s game against the Brantford Bulldogs? Penalty pending while oshawa had the puck. Oshawa scores. Bulldogs start a brawl. Somehow we end up with a penalty to kill?!
I get how the goal was disallowed but how did the generals end up getting the more penalties from that. Seemed like bulldogs were the initiator of the conflict.
it's honestly been horrible officiating tonight. They have made some brutal calls

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Oshawa win last night gets them to 7 in a row and 1st place in the Eastern Conference.

They have clearly bounced back from the Lockhart distraction and seem to be on the right track heading into the final 2 weeks but they cant rest yet.

2 games against Sudbury left (home/home)
1 in Kitchener, 1 in Mississauga
1 home to Sarnia.

I'd say Oshawa needs 6 of potential 10 points to hope to stay in the top 2.

It starts tomorrow.

yessir29292

Dec 11, 2021
This team could go deep in an open east, first time in 5 years. Obviously they coulda won the league the two covid years.

Team will be amazing next year if Ritchie, Roob and Kumpulainen are all back next season.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Everyone is back next SZN others than the OAs.
They will just have to decide who they move on from between
Oster (Not gonna happen)
Roobroeck (Maybe in AHL but likely returns)
Torrence
D'Amato

Regardless, this roster will be stacked next year.

yessir29292

Dec 11, 2021
Oster (Not gonna happen)
Torrence
D'Amato

Kumpulainen & Roobroeck could play in the AHL Ritchie had an outside shot at making the Avs. If everyone’s back hard to imagine Torrence isn’t the odd one out

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Kumpulainen & Roobroeck could play in the AHL Ritchie had an outside shot at making the Avs. If everyone’s back hard to imagine Torrence isn’t the odd one out
Very doubtful for all. None are even signed yet I believe. All will be back.

I also think D'Amato is the odd man out but it all depends on who other teams are interested in

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Oster (Not gonna happen)
Torrence
D'Amato

If all 4 return it’s gotta be Torrence imo. Not to take away from what he has done but you’re not gonna pick him over roobroeck and the other 2 are different positions and great at them.

Also good job for you guys- been on fire lately. Believe it was me that said after the deadline you guys could win the division. Didn’t think the conference too! One hell of a team you have.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
If all 4 return it’s gotta be Torrence imo. Not to take away from what he has done but you’re not gonna pick him over roobroeck and the other 2 are different positions and great at them.

Also good job for you guys- been on fire lately. Believe it was me that said after the deadline you guys could win the division. Didn’t think the conference too! One hell of a team you have.
It's definitely been a back and forth debate all year between Torrence and D'Amato on who stays. obviously, it's hard to say who teams are interested in but I think Oshawa will have more eyes on D'Amato than Torrence when it comes to Value.

Also, trading the home town boy in his OA year isn't a great look.

I personally would rather keep Torrence but we shall see.

yessir29292

Dec 11, 2021
It's definitely been a back and forth debate all year between Torrence and D'Amato on who stays. obviously, it's hard to say who teams are interested in but I think Oshawa will have more eyes on D'Amato than Torrence when it comes to Value.

Also, trading the home town boy in his OA year isn't a great look.

I personally would rather keep Torrence but we shall see.
Doesn’t matter who other teams value more you keep who you value more in a year you’re going for it

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00