Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Does anyone one have any more insight on what rule Lockhart supposedly broke? I can't remember the last time someone was sat for violating a team rule for this long. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Sennecke sat on Friday because of a violation? Unless it's a different violation it seems odd they'd sit a different amount of games.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Does anyone one have any more insight on what rule Lockhart supposedly broke? I can't remember the last time someone was sat for violating a team rule for this long. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Sennecke sat on Friday because of a violation? Unless it's a different violation it seems odd they'd sit a different amount of games.
Only thing that is known for sure is that 4 players missed curfew (Sennecke, Lockart, Marrelli and Sandhu suspected) of the 4, 2 of them (Sennecke and Lockart) were alleged to have done something "worse" but only rumours and speculation as to what.

The team suspensions are considered over but Lockart is still MIA and notably missing from Arena the last 2 games. What this means is anyones guess

Last edited by a moderator:

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Only thing that is known for sure is that 4 players missed curfew (Sennecke, Lockart, Marrelli and Sandhu suspected) of the 4, 2 of them (Sennecke and Lockart) were alleged to have done something "worse" but only rumours and speculation as to what.

The team suspensions are considered over but Lockart is still MIA and notably missing from Arena the last 2 games. What this means is anyones guess
Not being at the rink is definitely isn't a great sign - if he's still out for what should be a big "measuring stick" game for you guys against London on Sunday that's when the concern should really ramp up IMO.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I don’t pay too much attention to stuff like this usually but I don’t remember the last time the ohl said police is involved regarding a player

Would be a huge loss for you guys

Also rumblings about missing curfew etc won’t look good on sennecke or marelli in their draft years. Matthew Soto had that happen last year or the year before and although he’s not as good as those two it actually lead to him not getting drafted last year

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Without knowing any info, I just hope any potential victims are okay. If it's a police matter, it could be a wide range of topics, but there's likely a person on the other end.

Reactions: Roadhog

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Why would they say they were just made aware Feb 6th when they have been sitting him due to a team violation for a week?
Was there multiple incidents?

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Why would they say they were just made aware Feb 6th when they have been sitting him due to a team violation for a week?
Was there multiple incidents?

Odds are the Generals knew when Lockhart told them as part of whatever the incident was. The police needed time to investigate and when they had something substantial enough, they reported it officially to the team and league.

It is a bit of wordplay but opening an official investigation etc would require a couple days of queries etc.

It could be something as simple as an accident while intoxicated which would explain why multiple players violated curfew. Let’s not jump to the conclusion of there being a victim just yet.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Odds are the Generals knew when Lockhart told them as part of whatever the incident was. The police needed time to investigate and when they had something substantial enough, they reported it officially to the team and league.

It is a bit of wordplay but opening an official investigation etc would require a couple days of queries etc.

It could be something as simple as an accident while intoxicated which would explain why multiple players violated curfew. Let’s not jump to the conclusion of there being a victim just yet.
Agreed. The vague article released by the OHL is leaving so much to speculation. Given the recent climate of the 2018 Team Canada issue, everyone is just assuming the worst and painting him in a bad light without anyone knowing anything concrete yet.

As said above, we wait until more information comes our before we pass judgment.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Agreed. The vague article released by the OHL is leaving so much to speculation. Given the recent climate of the 2018 Team Canada issue, everyone is just assuming the worst and painting him in a bad light without anyone knowing anything concrete yet.

As said above, we wait until more information comes our before we pass judgment.

With any luck it was an old school Donnybrook at the Coral! Miss the old days….

• Haha
Reactions: frontsfan67

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

QUESTION I assume that Lockhart has some uni credits with the league. I know he CIAU will honour the suspension but what happens to the credits.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Sons of bitches! Taking the only thing good about Oshawa away! How can you live there anymore?
I don't, I actually live closer to Peterborough but could never support the Petes.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Sons of bitches! Taking the only thing good about Oshawa away! How can you live there anymore?
Dating myself here. But though a tough spot, the old Dynasty was our watering hole / lodging of choice when we’d play tourneys at the old Art Thompson arena in Pickering.

Late late nights. Early morning games. Getting a headache just thinking about it. That would kill me today.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Dating myself here. But though a tough spot, the old Dynasty was our watering hole / lodging of choice when we’d play tourneys at the old Art Thompson arena in Pickering.

Late late nights. Early morning games. Getting a headache just thinking about it. That would kill me today.
YES!

So many classy joints in Oshawa. Oh the memories…..

Reactions: EvenSteven

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012

Sadly good old Art Thompson is gone. The worst rink ever. Many injuries due to ice boards etc. When they sold the land and had the lasts skates they sold T shirts with the year open and closed on it. I had to buy one. But I actually miss it. The bartender that cooked greasy wings then scooped your ice with his bare hands for a rye and coke. Who knows what disease's you got there. Oh good times.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Sadly good old Art Thompson is gone. The worst rink ever. Many injuries due to ice boards etc. When they sold the land and had the lasts skates they sold T shirts with the year open and closed on it. I had to buy one. But I actually miss it. The bartender that cooked greasy wings then scooped your ice with his bare hands for a rye and coke. Who knows what disease's you got there. Oh good times.

Built character and put hair on your chest! Your body built up immunities only those of us in the Gen X and Baby Boomer age group could possibly get! We are pretty much invincible because of places such as this. We need to be thankful. The kids in their hermetically sealed buildings and sanitized surroundings will wish they had dudes scooping ice by hand into their glasses!

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Built character and put hair on your chest! Your body built up immunities only those of us in the Gen X and Baby Boomer age group could possibly get! We are pretty much invincible because of places such as this. We need to be thankful. The kids in their hermetically sealed buildings and sanitized surroundings will wish they had dudes scooping ice by hand into their glasses!
I watched my dad get into a fight in a TPS vs DRPS game back in the early 80's....what a proud moment watching a line brawl in a cops v cops game.
The answer to your "wonder...." No disease, everyone knows that whiskey prevents all communicable diseases. ;-)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I watched my dad get into a fight in a TPS vs DRPS game back in the early 80's....what a proud moment watching a line brawl in a cops v cops game.
The answer to your "wonder...." No disease, everyone knows that whiskey prevents all communicable diseases. ;-)

Yes. When you pickle things, they last longer….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad