Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Every team goes through a rough patch. The question is why? Is it because of the off ice distraction or something else?
Well there is definitely an off ice distraction that is a factor but their PP, OT and shoots lay has plagued them all year.

Luckily 3 on 3 OT and shootouts don't matter come playoffs but the PP is an issue and their lack of ability to close out games is another and lastly, this team doesn't play full games, they play periods and each period, the effort is never the same which is a big problem.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Well there is definitely an off ice distraction that is a factor but their PP, OT and shoots lay has plagued them all year.

Luckily 3 on 3 OT and shootouts don't matter come playoffs but the PP is an issue and their lack of ability to close out games is another and lastly, this team doesn't play full games, they play periods and each period, the effort is never the same which is a big problem.

But, that has worked up until this past week. I’m not saying it is ideal but sometimes when you compile lazy points, it breeds lazy play. Then you get kicked int he teeth for a wake up call. Things change. Or they don’t. They need a couple weeks of a wake up call type hockey followed by renewed energy and drive. The question is whether they have the drive To change their habits. You need to give them some time to make that change. Don’t write them off just yet. The team has been solid defensively all year and they have some decent guns up front.

I wouldn’t put $$$ on them winning the division because the remaining schedule is on the tougher side but I can’t see them finishing behind Missy and especially not Kingston with the lead they already have. 5th would be my prediction. First round matchup with Brantford.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
But, that has worked up until this past week. I’m not saying it is ideal but sometimes when you compile lazy points, it breeds lazy play. Then you get kicked int he teeth for a wake up call. Things change. Or they don’t. They need a couple weeks of a wake up call type hockey followed by renewed energy and drive. The question is whether they have the drive To change their habits. You need to give them some time to make that change. Don’t write them off just yet. The team has been solid defensively all year and they have some decent guns up front.

I wouldn’t put $$$ on them winning the division because the remaining schedule is on the tougher side but I can’t see them finishing behind Missy and especially not Kingston with the lead they already have. 5th would be my prediction. First round matchup with Brantford.
Maybe I am being a bit pessimistic but from being in the stands lately, they have completely lost focus since the Lockhart situation. This team needs to move on from it. Play as if he isn't coming back because he likely isn't.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Maybe I am being a bit pessimistic but from being in the stands lately, they have completely lost focus since the Lockhart situation. This team needs to move on from it. Play as if he isn't coming back because he likely isn't.

I pointed earlier this week to the upcoming road trip. I think hat will do them some good.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Care to elaborate on this? Lockhart is now reinstated after the league and DRPS concluded their investigation.

Stick to scouting, Randy. Crime reporting isn’t in your wheelhouse.

Did I say he did something wrong?
The accusation was much more serious than a fight. As I mentioned

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
He clearly broke team and league rules as he got 8 games for it. The Durham police did not charge him with anything so hence there was no crime. Can we let it pass now?

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Lockhart gets the shootout game winner in his first game back and breaks the 5 game losing streak for Oshawa.

Oshawa has now gone to OT in 4 straight games, finally winning this 4th.

The Little General

Mar 30, 2017
Lockhart gets the shootout game winner in his first game back and breaks the 5 game losing streak for Oshawa.

Oshawa has now gone to OT in 4 straight games, finally winning this 4th.
Great update....too bad you gave up your Season's to "squireprod" lol!

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Great update....too bad you gave up your Season's to "squireprod" lol!
I'm still quite embarrassed by this teams performance on not closing out games lately and giving up leads in the 3rd.

Given how tough their schedule is coming up, let's see if they can win Monday first before they start playing Ottawa, Soo, Sudbury and London

Mar 12, 2009
He clearly broke team and league rules as he got 8 games for it. The Durham police did not charge him with anything so hence there was no crime. Can we let it pass now?
No, it means they didn't have sufficient evidence to feel confident in pressing charges. It doesn't mean "there was no crime" lol.

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
Something serious definitely happened, ask any fellow DRPS who is in the know and they will hint at what went down.
Where there is smoke there is fire but he can resume focusing on hockey now.

One positive here is the OHL released a statement immediately instead of delaying things like they sometimes do with suspensions which are viewed in a negative light

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad