Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Jacob Oster returns to the Generals and will be in the lineup friday. All Generals are now returned to the team from NHL camps minus Ritchie who we didn't expect to see for a couple weeks anyway as he is still recovering shoulder surgery

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Rolofs has been named this years Captain.
Ritchie, Danford, Stewart and McIntyre get the A's
Screenshot_20230927_141347_X.jpg

Reactions: sbpointer

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Good leadership committee for this season. Rolofs will wear the C well. Danford with an A is also impressive. Speaks volumes to how valued he is with this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogie Junior

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
good jr b goalie, not an ohler
It's shocking to me in the sense that it was his backup job to lose. Being the best Goalie in Jr.B last year, to lose your spot to a Jr.C goalie is surprising. Bender must've really impressed.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It's shocking to me in the sense that it was his backup job to lose. Being the best Goalie in Jr.B last year, to lose your spot to a Jr.C goalie is surprising. Bender must've really impressed.
he played on a very good jr b team that protected him. some kids just dont progress or top out at areas. some kids can put up 100 points in jr b but never be more then a 13th forward at the ohl level. i was told that it was benders job to lose, once he signed it was a done deal.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
he played on a very good jr b team that protected him. some kids just dont progress or top out at areas. some kids can put up 100 points in jr b but never be more then a 13th forward at the ohl level. i was told that it was benders job to lose, once he signed it was a done deal.
Well I am happy for the kid. Southpaw too I believe

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Wow, we have a thread with more than two fans! I was beginning to think hockey in Oshawa was dead. Who is going to be the new 'Updates' or will he/she make a glorious return?

Reactions: TuckerFan1

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Wow, we have a thread with more than two fans! I was beginning to think hockey in Oshawa was dead. Who is going to be the new 'Updates' or will he/she make a glorious return?
A lot of us have these conversations on Twitter now a days due to less than favorable opinions of some members here

Reactions: Roadhog

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
LOL. I don’t think this forum will be as active as previous seasons. GU rubbed some the wrong way, but he was very knowledgeable about the team and league.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I want to try and bring back the fun predictions each game this thread used to hold.

For tonight's home opener

Gens win 5-3 GwG Sennecke

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I don't expect to be on here nearly as often as years passed but will pop in here and there with my thoughts.

Sennecke has looked unbelievable thus far. He, Kumpulainen and Roobroeck are puck possession monsters and Kingston barely touched the puck tonight, especially in the first 2 periods. The score was not indicative of that game, the Gens dominated them start to finish.

Danford's skating is incredible, if he can put together any kind of offensive season he'll be a first rounder for sure. His gap control because of his feet is as good as I've seen from a 17 year old in a long time. Him and Marrelli are going to carry this team on D for the next 3 seasons, they're both so good.

I said it the second the pick was made but Tristan Delisle is a future Ryan Gagnier and through 2 games he's already looking more like him than even I would've guessed. Gens up 1 tonight with KGN's goalie out and Delisle was the centre Laxdal put out to kill the game off (with Tarasevich and Buckley) and they get a zone exit and ENG

-Main reason they're 1-1 and not 2-0 right now is the PP going 0/6 and getting basically 0 chances on those 6 attempts but it'll come around. Units without Ritchie are:
PP1: Sennecke-Roobroeck-Rolofs-D’Amato-Kumpulainen

PP2: McIntyre-Griffin-Buckley-Danford-Marrelli

Tarasevich playing PK but not PP early

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Oh and Isaac Gravelle watch:

He stopped 42/44 for a 3-2 win in another monster performance

He's now 2-0-2 with a .928 save % in the GOJHL.

Looking very, very good

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Couples notes from the gens game.

Roobreck is a puck possession machine and has seemingly gotten way faster on his feet.

McIntyre has improved a ton- noticed him even in the game in kingston on Friday.

Griffin is going to be a star. Even more so if he grows.

Reactions: TuckerFan1

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I don't expect to be on here nearly as often as years passed but will pop in here and there with my thoughts.

Sennecke has looked unbelievable thus far. He, Kumpulainen and Roobroeck are puck possession monsters and Kingston barely touched the puck tonight, especially in the first 2 periods. The score was not indicative of that game, the Gens dominated them start to finish.

Danford's skating is incredible, if he can put together any kind of offensive season he'll be a first rounder for sure. His gap control because of his feet is as good as I've seen from a 17 year old in a long time. Him and Marrelli are going to carry this team on D for the next 3 seasons, they're both so good.

I said it the second the pick was made but Tristan Delisle is a future Ryan Gagnier and through 2 games he's already looking more like him than even I would've guessed. Gens up 1 tonight with KGN's goalie out and Delisle was the centre Laxdal put out to kill the game off (with Tarasevich and Buckley) and they get a zone exit and ENG

-Main reason they're 1-1 and not 2-0 right now is the PP going 0/6 and getting basically 0 chances on those 6 attempts but it'll come around. Units without Ritchie are:
PP1: Sennecke-Roobroeck-Rolofs-D’Amato-Kumpulainen

PP2: McIntyre-Griffin-Buckley-Danford-Marrelli

Tarasevich playing PK but not PP early
Was it Hedden that was running the PP? 0-6 isn’t great. Surprisingly not the worst in the league with Flints 0-11. Definitely missing Ritchie though

Reactions: Ogie Junior

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
I loved the way Danford looked out there in 2 games. Once Kumpulainen gets off the 0 train he will go on a tear he toyed with kingston

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00