Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
This is the guy.
I DESPISE when people confuse the two.
IMG_7602.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Quick look at the Pens board

View attachment 686323
That was good.

Better than anything I could think of lol. Or I would have said this for Blackwood a long time ago. Only for him it would probably be 100 billion.

Guy hasn't been a bad goalie, but goals 1 and 3 were unacceptably bad.

Between his 2021 playoff performance, combined with being hurt last year for the playoffs and his season this year which wasn't really bad, but wasn't great and his performance last night probably seals that, I think they'll move on from him after this year. I don't think they'll wanna commit to more years on him. They probably won't bring back DeSmith either, who is quite a bit older than it feels like he would be.

Kind of reminds me of when Niemi was a UFA for the Sharks. They let him walk and traded their first to Boston for Martin Jones, who had just acquired him the day before from the Kings as part of the Milan Lucic deal.

I don't know who they bring in though. Maybe they try and trade for Swayman? Them doing what the Caps did with Kuemper last year and signing him smells like something the Pens would do this year. It's just that the only Kuemper comparable I see ending up on the market is Jarry himself.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I met a guy from Jersey down here not too long ago.

He said he was from Jersey and said Belmar

So I was like ''Oh! Nice! Down the shore! Nice nice!'' and he goes ''No, it's the one near Philly. Bellmawr!''.

And I went ''Oh, okay. Yeah, I've never even been there except for the part where the turnpike passes through or near it''.

When I used to see Bellmawr on maps as a kid, I used to try my hardest to pretend that it's pronounced with a W sound and tried to sound it out that way. I would try to pronounce it ''Bell-MWAR'' just because it didn't sound right calling it Belmar, like the shore town.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Me if this scenario happens:

Yeah - it really does undercut some of the argument for a play-in. Hard to say there are deserving teams being left out when this is what's going on.

To me, the actual value is to make the path to a championship harder for these teams. Florida will likely get an already wounded Carolina, then play the winner of the NJD - NYR slugfest. Possible that they end up with a nice path to the ECF. They should at least be forced to play a short do or die against a desperate Sabres team.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Root for the Islanders tonight. As funny as it would be to see them miss, the Panthers are going to bench guys tomorrow v Carolina if they can't move up or down in the standings. Isles win, they'd have to beat Carolina to avoid Boston.

Reactions: jkrdevil

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So one named Hudson Fasching just scored for the islanders
He's played 49 games this year, but has played 38 games before this year, for Buffalo and Arizona. His career high in games played before this season was 11 and he's already 27 years old.

I wonder if the Barzal injury bought him this many games this season? Not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad