Prospect Info: Olympics

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
and a former first rounder from Atlanta just tied it up

RiffyNYR61

Nov 12, 2008
PENN STATE
Idk who Terry is, but he's brutal. Never passes. He tries to go 1 on 3 every time he touches it and he turns it over. Looks like a roller hockey player. Probably great in the shootout though

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Idk who Terry is, but he's brutal. Never passes. He tries to go 1 on 3 every time he touches it and he turns it over. Looks like a roller hockey player. Probably great in the shootout though
Ironically leads the team in assists. Probably up there in tournament assist leader as well i'm sure.

RiffyNYR61

Nov 12, 2008
PENN STATE
Ironically leads the team in assists. Probably up there in tournament assist leader as well i'm sure.

Watch that third period and tell me if he completed one pass instead of trying to deke through 3 guys. Pierre even called him out on it.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
unfortunately the NHL missed their chance here to be a showpiece of the winter games....extremely dumb and short sighted to not send the players

the NHL reams down our throats trying to grow the global brand and make hockey more relevant in the US. So instead of doing that we send a AAAA team...

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
That's what they always did that way before the NHL tainted the meaning of the Olympics.
see I completely disagree with you....the NHL did not taint the meaning....the Olympics is supposed to be the best of the best how can you be completely ok with not sending the best players in the world

your completely fine with us going with college kids but every other country is sending their best of the best....this is like saying in speed skating the Netherlands can't send their best players because they are pros, no one wants to see second tier players in a global event like the Olympics

Reactions: haveandare

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The NHL sat this one out for leverage in 2022. They want to be able to use Olympic footage and trademarks in their promotional materials. In their minds, just having their players at the Olympics isn't enough to grow the NHL's brand -- they want to cross-promote. They're probably part right.

Reactions: yrrebbor

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The NHL sat this one out for leverage in 2022. They want to be able to use Olympic footage and trademarks in their promotional materials. In their minds, just having their players at the Olympics isn't enough to grow the NHL's brand. They're probably part right.
Yeah I understand both sides of it, but from my POV I don't really care at all which organization gets one over on the other, I just want to watch Olympic hockey with NHLers. Any time it doesn't happen is a failure for both parties imo.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad