Prospect Info: Olympics

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I think it's only Shesty, and he's the third stringer. If Denmark had qualified, then Jensen would be there too.

I could be missing somebody though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We suck. Weren't going to win this tournament.

The interesting story of the day is Russia's loss. Heavy favorites for this tournament. The goalie only stopped 16 of 19 shots, maybe they'll switch it up the next few games. I still think Sorokin will get a chance before Shestyorkin, but maybe now Igor will get a chance to claim the starting spot. I think he's the best goalie on their roster, and fell victim to seniority tactics.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Peter Ceresnak with the GWG. He was drafted by the Rangers a while back no?
Yeah I mentioned it above. He was our pick, played in the OHL. Was big, strong, the hope was he'd develop some offense because IIRC he could rip it, but he never really panned out. We didn't offer him a contract and he went to Slovakia.

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
USA hockey messed up taking all these older guys playing in Europe. Should have gotten more college and junior kids to go. That roster is doomed from the get go with the plugs thrown out there. A few wouldn't have been a bad idea. I like taking Gionta, but too many retreads.

You can't tell me that there are not enough players still in the NCAA from the past 3 WJC teams or undrafted players that they couldn't look to take.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
All three Slovakia goals looked stoppable. First one was five hole, second was short side, third was a slap shot that was pretty much straight on.

Watched the game mainly to see how he played, in the vain hope of seeing Shesty bumped up the pecking, and thought he was very, very poor on the goals. Thought the first goal he was terrible on.

Quite a decent game overall quite honestly.

Really hoping we see our guy in the tourny!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Watched the game mainly to see how he played, in the vain hope of seeing Shesty bumped up the pecking, and thought he was very, very poor on the goals. Thought the first goal he was terrible on.

Quite a decent game overall quite honestly.

Really hoping we see our guy in the tourny!

I really don't understand the decision to start Vasily Koshechkin. It seemed very last minute and outside of the strategy Russia employed in the EHT and World Championships the last two years where Shestyorkin and Sorokin had a lot of success, and Koshechkin barely got called up to the Russian National Team. It's not even like this guy does better than them in the KHL. It seems a decision based on seniority, but why would that be a surprise? Shestyorkin completely outplayed Koskinen last season and Znarok chose Koskinen to start in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->