Prospect Info: Olympics

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Greenway is pretty impressive.He's a monster on the boards.Causing havoc all around the net.Very impressive to me.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Greenway is pretty impressive.He's a monster on the boards.Causing havoc all around the net.Very impressive to me.
To me, he seems like a guy who tops out at 25-30 points but eats ice time anyway because coaches love his "size" and "board play".

I'm probably wrong, but I've never been as impressed as everyone else seems to be.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Wow Baranka.

Still remember his only game with us. Thanksgiving eve 2007. He assisted on Colton Orr’s only goal of the season. Trying to follow the game on a blackberry which sucked.

I’m pretty sure he has the distinction of having the highest points per game total of any player from the greatest draft ever. He scored his one point and fled the country.

2003 was such a low point for us.

As for Baranka, there was a time he was seen as a solid stay-at-home prospect with an edge, but injuries had a toll and he just never seemed to have that stand-out element that made him look like an NHL defenseman. It wasn’t that he was bad - he just never really stood out either.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
To me, he seems like a guy who tops out at 25-30 points but eats ice time anyway because coaches love his "size" and "board play".

I'm probably wrong, but I've never been as impressed as everyone else seems to be.
I can see him scoring more.He has good skills,not just a big body.Or we both could be wrong and he becomes a star.Time will tell.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

Confused by your use of quotes here. He definitely has size and he's definitely really good on the boards. I assume you just think those things are useless in today's game? I don't.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I really miss the NHL players in the olympics. I want to see the best each country has to offer regardless of how much money they make. I have very little interest this year and haven't watched any hockey yet.

Reactions: haveandare

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I missed the game. Was Kovalchuk referred to as OAR #67?

Or does the ridiculous rule of not displaying their names not apply to team sports?

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
I missed the game. Was Kovalchuk referred to as OAR #67?

Or does the ridiculous rule of not displaying their names not apply to team sports?

Names were on the jerseys. Listening to a UK commentary and they were mentioning the Debbies and Kovalchuk. Always gives me a cheeky smile.

Reactions: will1066

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
This has probably been said ad nausium but it would have been awesome to see team USA play with NHL players. Matthews and Echel would have been fun to watch.
Yup. Its' really a shame no NHLers this year, particularly for USA fans because they could have put together an awesome team. Knowing the people behind it, they'd probably have Backes and Parise on the first line anyway, but the possibility for an insane USA team was there.

They could add Matthews, Eichel, Boeser, Gaudreau, Jones, Werenski, Ghost etc to vets like Kessel, Wheeler, Kane, McDonagh, Carlson, Suter, etc. Mix some vets and guys like Trochek, Larkin, Keller, Tkachuk, Debrincat, etc to fill out the bottom lines...

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A whole lot of American suckage going on.

But if we take women's hockey gold, it was a great Olympics.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Beautiful playmaking by who else Terry and terrific pass to who else Donato who makes it 1-0

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Jeeez with all of the forwards and forward prospects how is it the Bruins don't wanna give up 2 or 3 of them plus a first for Mcdonagh? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad