Olympic qualification - Vojens 7-10 february

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
1996 year is generally considered one of the better one for us. Do you happen to know the scorers for Latvia?

It was a very even game so it seems our U96 players are somewhat on the same level. Our 96 generation is also considered one of the better ones.

And with allot of them having a bigger chance of stardom in Europe then mediocrity in NA.

This site has the scorers,

Maybe you'll be able to make something out of it :)

http://www.pointstreak.com/flashapp...tlink=extraliga.stats.pointstreak.com&lang=en

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well I agree with most of what is being said. I think PB looked tired and old, during the timeout he hardly said anything..

And imo the players didn't look motivated and to me they laked spirit.. I for one think we can be better.

Some more bad news for us, but good for you Helo:

Latvia beat Belarus 6-0 i the u18 tourney and played in the final with Denmark today.

The game ended 2-2 and went to SO witch Latvia won after many attempts from both teams.

:laugh: time to bring out the gallows-humour. It's just gets better and better. Only hope left are the danish women against japan that starts in 5 min! But now they are under pressure from the media....probably no cigar there either!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It was a very even game so it seems our U96 players are somewhat on the same level. Our 96 generation is also considered one of the better ones.

And with allot of them having a bigger chance of stardom in Europe then mediocrity in NA.

This site has the scorers,

Maybe you'll be able to make something out of it :)

http://www.pointstreak.com/flashapp...tlink=extraliga.stats.pointstreak.com&lang=en

Yup this is where my weak Russian language skill kicks in,although i can read Cyrillic pretty well :laugh: Thanks!:handclap:
Also this team is not even all the best players,alot of the leaders are missing,we will have one hell of a u-18 NT at WJCS

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
:laugh: time to bring out the gallows-humour. It's just gets better and better. Only hope left are the danish women against japan that starts in 5 min! But now they are under pressure from the media....probably no cigar there either!

Watch out, Murphy's law in action! :help:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Maybe teach those deadly czech counterattacks to danes,huh?:laugh:

Im thinking why not??....we have tons of defensive forwards but no one can snipe (also a reason that our PP is horrible lately). So maybe waiting for mistakes fast breaks and rebounds is a better option??

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Yup this is where my weak Russian language skill kicks in,although i can read Cyrillic pretty well :laugh: Thanks!:handclap:
Also this team is not even all the best players,alot of the leaders are missing,we will have one hell of a u-18 NT at WJCS

Iv'e always had a softspot for Latvia, so im happy for you guys.. At least it's not Norway or Germany :D

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Can you see the danish production from this tournament - Nikolaj Ehlers, Mathias Asperup and Mads Eller played there?!

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Actually I don't have that much knowlegde about coaches...but maybe we should try a czech one for change??

The swedish playing style is very inefficient if your team doesn't have snipers....like the SEL when they lose their best players to NHL and KHl it becomes pretty low scoring.

How about Drillo? And u just put Tore Andre Flo on ur first line and boom. Carew as first center, because he is big, bigger, biggest, lazy and useless. But remember he is big :nod:

To be honest i know how u feel. Our (Norway) national football team play bad against smaller countries and for some reason play well vs the big ones. Its so frustrating :( Struggle every year to beat ****ing Iceland and Moldova.

But we are best in womens handball. Woohooo :shakehead

So u danes are not alone.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
How about Drillo? And u just put Tore Andre Flo on ur first line and boom. Carew as first center, because he is big, bigger, biggest, lazy and useless. But remember he is big :nod:

To be honest i know how u feel. Our (Norway) national football team play bad against smaller countries and for some reason play well vs the big ones. Its so frustrating :( Struggle every year to beat ****ing Iceland and Moldova.

Trust me, the year 2013 for Danish sports has been nothing short of disastrous! :shakehead

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Yes we are alone because our men are only second best in the world in handball :laugh:
But we will first really feel the disappointment when the tournament in Sochi starts :shakehead and danish television shows curling instead :help:
We will miss hours of documentaries about the danish hockey players and prime time of all matches (they have to fill out the time with something danish)..and when it's only curling, thats what it will be.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Trust me, the year 2013 for Danish sports has been nothing short of disastrous! :shakehead

Well the last decade has been bad for us mountain apes :( Our soccer team sucks, handball team sucks, Turin olympics etc. Im glad at least our hockey team plays well and that the banana price is still low ;)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well the last decade has been bad for us mountain apes :( Our soccer team sucks, handball team sucks, Turin olympics etc. Im glad at least our hockey team plays well and that the banana price is still low ;)

Our men were HUMILIATED in the mens handball final, our national soccer team hasn't won a game in 10 matches. 7 of those are losses. 2 of them very embarrasing. Incl. last weeks 3-0 loss to Macedonia in which we made number 80 on the world ranking look like a top 5 team. Our mens hockey team has dissapointed two tourneys in a row.

Im just so deflated....

At least you have your hockey guys, which I absolutely hate and envy at the same time :(

So Bukarts was one-man force while we had 3 equals?
Ehlers must have had some assists as well????

I know Ehlers had a least one assist, and also scored a penalty in one of the games..

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

hey only bad in summer sports that is. Svindal just won goal medal in downhill earlier today and Svendsen might win the biathlon sprint gold. You have lots of winter sport to cheer about. We had two curling fourth places last tournament :laugh:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
So Bukarts was one-man force while we had 3 equals?
Ehlers must have had some assists as well????

Yes 1 assist,missed it,but the first time Ehlers and Bukarts go toe to toe Bukarts is better..for now.Also Impressive for us was Golovkovs 3gp 2g 2a

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Yes we are alone because our men are only second best in the world in handball :laugh:
But we will first really feel the disappointment when the tournament in Sochi starts :shakehead and danish television shows curling instead :help:
We will miss hours of documentaries about the danish hockey players and prime time of all matches (they have to fill out the time with something danish)..and when it's only curling, thats what it will be.

Yupp I know the feeling. Its like every WC and EC in soccer :( Everyone over here starts cheering for England, since we never qualify. And ofc England sucks every tournament so its like a double disappointment :cry: :shakehead

Btw curling is cool ;) Its like chess on ice hehe

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
hey only bad in summer sports that is. Svindal just won goal medal in downhill earlier today and Svendsen might win the biathlon sprint gold. You have lots of winter sport to cheer about. We had two curling fourth places last tournament :laugh:

Yeah I know, but its not the same. I like team sport hehe ;)

But im proud of our winter sport history (Cross country skiing, Slalåm, Ski jumping, Snowboard, speed skating etc).

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yupp I know the feeling. Its like every WC and EC in soccer :( Everyone over here starts cheering for England, since we never qualify. And ofc England sucks every year so its like a double disappointment :cry: :shakehead

Btw curling is cool ;) Its like chess on ice hehe

Since Im an old club chess player: Magnus Carlsen best in the world with danish coach and only other scandinavian in the top-100 - Peter Heine Nielsen - what can go wrong :laugh:
But it's a dane helping a norwegian towards the world championship.......we still wait for our next Bent Larsen.
Having the best chess player in the world is totally equivalent to having Messi in fottball....probably player wise the two biggest sports in the world.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yes 1 assist,missed it,but the first time Ehlers and Bukarts go toe to toe Bukarts is better..for now.Also Impressive for us was Golovkovs 3gp 2g 2a

Yeah it seems like that but they are still young and will fluctuate in performance....like Bukarts apparently have done a lot lately!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad