GDT: FIN vs. GBR May 12, 2024

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Puljujärvi has been excellent in thia game
The Brits seem to fall apart completely now. Although the Brits are no gauge for the Fins, I think it's good for them to strengthen their confidence. Puljujärvi didn't have a good season in the NHL, as far as I know, but in the NT, it looks like he can improve his game. Possibly, Jukka Jalonen is able to lift him up to a higher level.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Brits just got tired. They fought well in the 1st period, but after yesterdays game, a quite small resting-time, they ran outta gas. It was quite clear in the 2nd.

Tribec

Jun 20, 2004
It could be said the Canadian's cooled off a bit in the 3rd yesterday having established a lead, but similar to yesterday after a decent first period and on the long change GB suffered. Objective for the final period is to shut the Fin's out and possibly grab a goal some how. This is the sort of defeat we could do without, but it's still a game to learn from.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Ohhhh interesing Cameron Critchlow plays for UK. The Summerside, PEI boy. Don't see too many pros from PEI these days.

I remember listening to the Mooseheads during the Mackinnon era and he was captain of the team Macks first year.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Tribec

Jun 20, 2004
This game can't end soon enough for the Brits.

How many of the goals have come from shots with a man in front of the netminder?? It's simple hockey, and it's proving very effective.

As I said before if we can stiffle teams long enough and keep in the games right now we are in a good position, but we haven't got the talent to turn defense into some offensive zone time and that's killing us. That's the next step for this development of the team.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What's going on here
kt9vqbsfmzzc1.jpeg

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
How is that not a penalty? Reckless and dangerous play to on purpose push a player head first against the goalpost.
Not that it matters, but that was easily the most reckless and dangerous play in the game. Clear intent to injure.

Reactions: Summer Rose

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Oliver Kapanen was so good. Of course it was not the toughest opponent but a hat trick in a game is always impressive.

Puljujärvi, Kapanen and Oksanen biggesr standouts imo.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad