Olympic qualification - Vojens 7-10 february

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Yeah it seems like that but they are still young and will fluctuate in performance....like Bukarts apparently have done a lot lately!
Both pretty small,highly skilled and talented wingers,both possible 1-2 rounders,emphasis here is on the word possible :D They actually have alot in common

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I see that it's tomorrow at 14 that the danish women will play Japan.
Denmark 5 points
Japan 4 points.
Slovakia 2 points
Norway 1 point.

So Denmark has to beat Japan to qualify,
If Japan wins it in OT then they will both end with 6 points, but Japan will qualify.

Last edited:

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
I see that it's tomorrow at 14 that the danish women will play Japan.
Denmark 5 points
Japan 4 points.
Slovakia 3 points
Norway 1 point.

So Denmark has to beat Japan to qualify.
If Slovakia beats Norway in regular time and we lose to japan in overtime with 1-0, then we should still qualify since three teams end on 6 points?!

Slovakia only has 2 points

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Since Im an old club chess player: Magnus Carlsen best in the world with danish coach and only other scandinavian in the top-100 - Peter Heine Nielsen - what can go wrong :laugh:
But it's a dane helping a norwegian towards the world championship.......we still wait for our next Bent Larsen.
Having the best chess player in the world is totally equivalent to having Messi in fottball....probably player wise the two biggest sports in the world.

Danish hockey had Bent Kølvig. :) A former Danish National chess champion and a hockey goal judge (remember them?) in Rødovre. And father of Kent Kølvig, a former hockey linesman... :laugh:

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
END of 1st

SLO 4:0 Ukraine

3goals on PP

goal -minuts
Sabolič (4, 5)
D. Rodman (5)
Tičar (10)

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Just to round up the disappointing danish olympic qualification...
Loss to both Slovenia 2-1 and Belarus 3-2...both teams we have to play in WC2013.
Real danger that we get send send down if something doesn't change on the danish team.
Lack of scoring especially on PP seems to be the most critical.

The female team also missed their opportunity losing 5-0 to Japan...as I suspected the pressure became to much.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Just to round up the disappointing danish olympic qualification...
Loss to both Slovenia 2-1 and Belarus 3-2...both teams we have to play in WC2013.
Real danger that we get send send down if something doesn't change on the danish team.
Lack of scoring especially on PP seems to be the most critical.

The female team also missed their opportunity losing 5-0 to Japan...as I suspected the pressure became to much.

Also, remember Belarus can't relegate.. SO in simple words we are SCREWED!

I have a really bad feeling to my gut about this WC.. Sorry if I come across as pessimistic, but the Danish team left ALLOT to be desired.

Just a little more news about U18.

The final between Denmark and Latvia saw 34sog go for both teams. They went to the 7th extra round of SO before they could end the match.

According to Hockeymagasinet, bad luck for Denmark is what decided the game, hitting the bar once and the post twice in the 3rd period.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

I really have a bad feeling to my gyt about this WC.. Sorry if I come across as pessimistic, but the Danish team left ALLOT to be desired.

But you missed like 6-7 quality guys,thats like 2 good lines right there!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Danish hockey had Bent Kølvig. :) A former Danish National chess champion and a hockey goal judge (remember them?) in Rødovre. And father of Kent Kølvig, a former hockey linesman... :laugh:

Yeah National chess champion 1962 and four time Copenhagen chess champion. I actually had no idea he was a hockey goal judge :laugh:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

I have a really bad feeling to my gut about this WC.. Sorry if I come across as pessimistic, but the Danish team left ALLOT to be desired.

Just a little more news about U18.

The final between Denmark and Latvia saw 34sog go for both teams. They went to the 7th extra round of SO before they could tie up the match.

According to Hockeymagasinet, bad luck for Denmark is what decided the game, hitting the bar once and the post twice in the 3rd period.

Just shows how evenly matched Latvian and Danish u-18 teams are :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
But you missed like 6-7 quality guys,thats like 2 good lines right there!

Sure, but the NHL'ers we had last year in the WC imo, didn't really boost us that much. We played a disgusting match against Italy, and a horrible game against Germany.

Belarus and Slovenia are also missing a few players.

But since Belarus can't relegate, we have to beat more than just one team.
And after the showing Slovenia just gave, I don't see us running them over anytime soon. Especially not without our core players, and even worse if they get Anze kopitar and Mursak.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Yeah well since we probably cant beat Norway or Switzerland it will be the game against Slovenia which decides who will be relagated!
Time to go back to play "fight harder than the opponent" style. All this controlling the game is totally useless without snipers on the team.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Sure, but the NHL'ers we had last year in the WC imo, didn't really boost us that much. We played a disgusting match against Italy, and a horrible game against Germany.

Belarus and Slovenia are also missing a few players.

But since Belarus can't relegate, we have to beat more than just one team.
And after the showing Slovenia just gave, I don't see us running them over anytime soon. Especially not without our core players, and even worse if they get Anze kopitar and Mursak.

Isn't it the two losers of the group that is automatically relagated now (since it wont be Belarus it could be second last from our group?). So if we win Slovenia we could stay up.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Yeah well since we probably cant beat Norway or Switzerland it will be the game against Slovenia which decides who will be relagated!
Time to go back to play "fight harder than the opponent" style. All this controlling the game is totally useless without snipers on the team.

Oh come on:laugh: Switzerland sure,but Norway is no sweden or finland that you guys couldnt beat them.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Exactly, problem is, I don't see PB doing that anytime soon. Especially not if we get allot of our NA players.

Dammit, this new WC format is turning out to be a nightmare for Denmark!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Oh come on:laugh: Switzerland sure,but Norway is no sweden or finland that you guys couldnt beat them.

But Norway is like the older brother who is stronger than you, he always get's the best of you, even when you think you are winning, hell always show u who's the boss in the end..

Im sorry I don't see us challenging anyone atm. :shakehead

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Isn't it the two losers of the group that is automatically relagated now (since it wont be Belarus it could be second last from our group?). So if we win Slovenia we could stay up.

Yup, two bottom teams relegate.. So, it's not gonna be easy staying up at all!

If we finnish 3 from the bottom and Belarus 2nd, we still relegate.

And if this is any indication of future,we should dominate Norway in a few years :laugh:

HAHA, exactly :D

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
But Norway is like the older brother who is stronger than you, he always get's the best of you, even when you think you are winning, hell always show u who's the boss in the end..

Im sorry I don't see us challenging anyone atm. :shakehead

Well if we put both Norways and Denmarks rosters with best on best players denmark takes it 10 out 10 times.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
How dumb would it be for a country with 8 NHL`ers and and good youth comming up to relegate,i think it would be unheard of in hockey world :D

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well if we put both Norways and Denmarks rosters with best on best players denmark takes it 10 out 10 times.

Maybe, but we just screwed up one of very few chances to ice a full A TEAM at the OG and prolly play Norway then.

How dumb would it be for a country with 8 NHL`ers and and good youth comming up to relegate,i think it would be unheard of in hockey world :D

Yeah, it would set us back a few years, that's for sure!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad