Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Leafs-The Return of Eakins

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Corncrick

NHL Outsider
Oct 8, 2011
Planet Funk
Maybe Burke will take the Red Arrow to Rexall and cast longing glances across the roster.

Edit:
Crap the game is at the ACC. Have to wait til later in the season.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Meh. Don't care about Eakins. He's on the enemies side now.

Actually, I'm kinda of sick of him and all the praise he got. People actually wanted him coaching the Leafs over Randy? What a joke!

Better not watch the pregame ceremony. Red carpet video highlights, players Tearing up and thanking him for their career, their life etc. Bring kleenix....

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Quick was average last season too, it's commonly said among l.a fans and I believe management even credited berniers play for getting them into the playoffs last season.

Yup. Check this article out: http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/27109/trading-bernier-still-bothers-kings-gm

Not sure if someone has posted it before.

Better not watch the pregame ceremony. Red carpet video highlights, players Tearing up and thanking him for their career, their life etc. Bring kleenix....

Halfway through the ceremony, Phaneuf and Kessel look at each other, nod in understanding, ripping off the Blue and White jerseys to reveal the Oilers jersey, crediting Eakins for making them who they are today, even though they had nothing to do with them.

Tyler Biggs*

Maple Leafs fans at ACC please start chanting GLG! For the pass two home games it seems like no one was at the arena. Seriously we need to be louder and make it tough for our opponents to play at ACC.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You know... if the trade still bugs the GM of LA.. it makes me one happy little Daisy. (sorry, if that sounds mean).

is Bernier the starter?
(I have to say, poor Jim. I really do wish last Saturday turned out different).

Tyler Biggs*

Quick was average last season too, it's commonly said among l.a fans and I believe management even credited berniers play for getting them into the playoffs last season.

With the state of Canadian goaltending I wonder how long it will be before Bernier enters the Sochi debate...I saw a couple of Kings games when Bernier and Quick were early in their careers and I always thought if Bernier wasn't Quick's equal he was pretty close.

Can you imagine what the Leafs will be like when they get their injured players back? This team is a serious contender.

Asif16*

Maple Leafs fans at ACC please start chanting GLG! For the pass two home games it seems like no one was at the arena. Seriously we need to be louder and make it tough for our opponents to play at ACC.

Yeah the ACC still sounds like a library. Considering we made the playoffs last year...and re 4-1 to start the season...our home games should be alot louder.

If Time leiweke really means business, then he should look at this

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Yeah the ACC still sounds like a library. Considering we made the playoffs last year...and re 4-1 to start the season...our home games should be alot louder.

If Time leiweke really means business, then he should look at this

What can he [realistically] do?

Mr Scarface*

Clearly the much harder team will prevail and win.
We are the hardest team in the league and will show this exceptionally soft team a whole lots of rear end whooping.

They probably don't even have anybody who could fight with us, right? What a pancy team that is.

We and Carlyle are hard. = Winners

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Clearly the much harder team will prevail and win.
We are the hardest team in the league and will show this exceptionally soft team a whole lots of rear end whooping.

They probably don't even have anybody who could fight with us, right? What a pancy team that is.

We and Carlyle are hard. = Winners

Mike Brown

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Bernier should get the start. He got the shutout, there are 2 days of rest before tomorrow's game. I don't want to see the goalies split games if one of them is playing spectacular.

I am not being biased toward Bernier, it's just the way it is. If Reimer gets a streak going, he should play as long as he's hot and vice versa.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Bernier should get the start. He got the shutout, there are 2 days of rest before tomorrow's game. I don't want to see the goalies split games if one of them is playing spectacular.

I am not being biased toward Bernier, it's just the way it is. If Reimer gets a streak going, he should play as long as he's hot and vice versa.

Agreed. No need to sit Bernier just to spare Reimer's feelings. Bernier has been lights out.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
I've seen parts of a few Edmonton games this year, and I have to say they look pretty awful so far. I'm predicting Rielly gets his first goal and the Leafs win :handclap:

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
These are the games the Leafs, and any decent team, should win. Failing to win tomorrow is like choking in the playoffs, you just should not do it.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
You know... if the trade still bugs the GM of LA.. it makes me one happy little Daisy. (sorry, if that sounds mean).

is Bernier the starter?
(I have to say, poor Jim. I really do wish last Saturday turned out different).

Has there been any indication that Reimer finds "Jim" an acceptable version of his name?

I have known multiple people named James who hated being called "Jim" or "Jamie" or any other variant.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Agreed. No need to sit Bernier just to spare Reimer's feelings. Bernier has been lights out.

No, but if you make the assumption that Bernier is the starter and Reimer is the backup, isn't a game against a bad team like Edmonton exactly when you'd play Reimer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad