Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Leafs-The Return of Eakins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
even carlyle in his post game interview said that it just look like franson was checked hard and there wasnt anything overly dirty about the hit.

I see other teams always seem to lose it when a star player is checked to hard, clean or not. We gotta send a message.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This is a game we should win...please don't disappoint at home. We play much better on the road.

Oilers giving up 4.75 goals per game...we should aim for at least 4 goals, minimum.

Score more than 3 and we're guaranteed to win with Bernier in net.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
When is Kulemin expected back? Absolutely hate to see him out of the lineup.

Why? his absence has made literally NO difference. PK hasn't suffered, PP hasn't suffered, in fact it might be better, 5 on 5 hasn't suffered his injury has had NO impact and that speaks to the teams depth

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Why? his absence has made literally NO difference. PK hasn't suffered, PP hasn't suffered, in fact it might be better, 5 on 5 hasn't suffered his injury has had NO impact and that speaks to the teams depth

Maybe for a couple games, but it will be noticeable when he returns.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
One advantage we do have in this one is EDM has pretty bad goaltending. That needs to be exposed early and then it's lights out.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
oilers seem to be taking some time to adjusting to the system of Eakins. We should be able to win the game. I just want 60 min effort for once.

This game aint gonna be a walk in the park the Oilers have a ton of firepower up front (Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov), considering we've been terribad all year with the transiton game expect a rough going, not gonna lie. Our saving grace is Bernier if he can play lights out like he's been these past 3 games then we got a fighting shot, I'd say if it was Reimer in net we'd be lit up 7-2 (or somethign like that).

I'm calling for a 5-4 OT win for the buds.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

For now maybe. Depth is where he is missed. It has put more pressure on the top 6 guys which we have seen by the increase in their icetime. Bozak, JVR have been playing upwards of 23 minutes. That's pretty tough to maintain.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
a fight between orr and brown would be epic.

i'd like to see eakins chirp at carlyle (& vice versa) a bit as well. would be hilarious.

can't wait for this game. let push the record to 5-1. :crossfing

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This is a game we should win...please don't disappoint at home. We play much better on the road.

Oilers giving up 4.75 goals per game...we should aim for at least 4 goals, minimum.

Score more than 3 and we're guaranteed to win with Bernier in net.

I was just going to post this. We play way too loosy goosy at home. We have to stop trying to be so fancy in front of our home crowd and just get after it and win the game. The game against Ottawa was pathetic, no D-zone coverage at all, no one gave two ***** about defending. We have to play like we have against Nashville, Philly, and Montreal and at times against Colorado.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Losing this game would be unacceptable. I don't care how good their forwards are their D is atrocious. Captain o captain mr Ference is their best D-man for crying out load and they have a sieve for a goalie. Pound these smurfs aka .(Habs West) into obliteration and get pucks to the net and send these clowns back to the City of Losers.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Should ve eaten up the Avs d as well...but that didn't happen. I think this will be a tough game. As others have mentioned the Eakins factor should have both sides highly motivated for a win.

It's gotta be Bernier after posting a shutout no?

difference between avs and edmonton right now is night and day, Avs won 2 in a row in dominant fashion and had fantastic goaltending. Varlamov looked solid

edmonton has had terrible defense and goaltending. Dubnyk has looked terrible, who is even there backup goalie?

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Losing this game would be unacceptable. I don't care how good their forwards are their D is atrocious. Captain o captain mr Ference is their best D-man for crying out load and they have a sieve for a goalie. Pound these smurfs aka .(Habs West) into obliteration and get pucks to the net and send these clowns back to the City of Losers.

Damn. I hate the Oilers too but this was harsh. I love it!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
difference between avs and edmonton right now is night and day, Avs won 2 in a row in dominant fashion and had fantastic goaltending. Varlamov looked solid

edmonton has had terrible defense and goaltending. Dubnyk has looked terrible, who is even there backup goalie?

Jason Labarbera.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
There are none.

Toughness - Orr
Spelling abilitiy (speculation) - Orr
Use of 28 as a jersey number - Orr
Being Colton Orr - Draw
Who can carry more grocery bags in one trip - Orr

4/5 with a draw, this is a pointless argument. Orr AINEC

That argument being settled, this is a game the Leafs can easily win. It'll be nice to Eakins back, but I have a feeling Carlyle and the boys in blue will know just how to counter his system. Providing that MegaJohn plays at even close to the same caliber where he's been, and our offense shows up, I just can't see us losing this one.

Also - if this is a maintenance day for Bolland I hope his groin isn't still flaring up. That could spell trouble down the road for him, and he's a guy we really want to have in the playoff race/postseason.

GO LEAFS GO

True.

Tyler Biggs*

How many games do the Leafs have to win before people clue in they are a very good team? Coming a minute away from eliminating the Bruins in Boston should have been your first clue. Now they have a top notch goalie and their kids are developing. They will be a contender for a long time.

This is not a hot streak people this is Bernier as usual, people forget that he was taken 1st round 11th overall.

Bernier may end up representing Canada at the Olympics at this rate. I know it's a stretch and all the Leaf haters can bash this idea. Outside of Crawford, who is playing better. Not Carey Price, and Luongo looked soft last night...

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Clean up the oil

oil_barrel_spill_400_wht.jpg

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Damn. I hate the Oilers too but this was harsh. I love it!

Thank you lol. I'm just so sick of seeing people talk about all the potential they have. Potential is potential there is nothing concrete about it. It's all perception, until they get a goalie and some defence they'll continue to suck. I don't know why but I want us to kick their ass tomorrow like badly.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
We should win this game, not being overly cocky but even with our injuries we're just the better team from top to bottom. Can't take them lightly though, can't take any team lightly. Any goalie can have one great game and they have some fire power... I'm picking the leafs though. 3-2.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We should win this game, not being overly cocky but even with our injuries we're just the better team from top to bottom. Can't take them lightly though, can't take any team lightly. Any goalie can have one great game and they have some fire power... I'm picking the leafs though. 3-2.

We need to play a road game at home. I hate our sloppy defense when we start periods...pisses me off. It's not that they are incapable of making the right play, they're just lazy at times.

This shouldn't be a hard game to win if we keep our zone clean of stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad