Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Leafs-The Return of Eakins

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well while I wished Eakins luck as a coach, I still hope we light up the Oilers. We need to keep bagging points and the Oilers are a team we've got to beat.

Asif16*

Hoping for a win as usual. Usually, games i think we will win, we end up losing.

I thought we were gonn beat the avs....but lost.

I thought we were gonna lose to preds.....we won.

So, hopefully the trend changes and we actually win.

Also, looking forward to a Gazdic vs Orr throwdown. This gazdic kid is pretty good

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Anticipate Brown vs Broll.

I see Broll getting worked in that scenario, unless he completely overpowers Brown. Brown's got them boxing hands, and I don't think the Brolldozer could compete in a slugfest.

Asif16*

Speaking of orr, the dude is like a regular in the lineup now lol. A much better/improved player too. Dude can actually make solid pass here and there and dump the puck in and not whale on it.

Orr isnt just going on too the ice to initiate fights any more which is crazy. I also see him taking an effort to backcheck.

Considering where this guy was a couple of years ago...much improved player.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Speaking of orr, the dude is like a regular in the lineup now lol. A much better/improved player too. Dude can actually make solid pass here and there and dump the puck in and not whale on it.

Orr isnt just going on too the ice to initiate fights any more which is crazy. I also see him taking an effort to backcheck.

Considering where this guy was a couple of years ago...much improved player.

Completely agree.

Kessel was good on the defensive end last game, just like the one before. The man is impressing more by the game!

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
There are none.

Toughness - Orr
Spelling abilitiy (speculation) - Orr
Use of 28 as a jersey number - Orr
Being Colton Orr - Draw
Who can carry more grocery bags in one trip - Orr

4/5 with a draw, this is a pointless argument. Orr AINEC

This was a great post. Thanks for the laugh.

Tyler Biggs*

If this team were 1-4, go ahead and criticize. But they're 4-1, and considering the juggling of the lineup needed with Clarkson, Kulemin, McClement (new baby), and Franson out and replaced with new guys, this team is doing as well as can be expected. No need to complain about Phaneuf or Ranger (who had their best games of the year so far last night) or Kadri, or who should be the #1 goalie. Let the goalies get a few starts under their belts, and let Reilly play out his 9 games before firing up the controversy machine.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Toughness - Orr
Spelling abilitiy (speculation) - Orr
Use of 28 as a jersey number - Orr
Being Colton Orr - Draw
Who can carry more grocery bags in one trip - Orr

4/5 with a draw, this is a pointless argument. Orr AINEC

GO LEAFS GO

This has all sorts of win littered throughout....well done.:handclap:

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Leafs should easily eat up that team defense, or lack thereof that the Oilers possess. If Bernier is in net I can easily see a 5-2 win.

Tyler Biggs*

Please play Bernier next game against the Oilers, easy 2 points, this kid is a gem.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Leafs should easily eat up that team defense, or lack thereof that the Oilers possess. If Bernier is in net I can easily see a 5-2 win.

Should ve eaten up the Avs d as well...but that didn't happen. I think this will be a tough game. As others have mentioned the Eakins factor should have both sides highly motivated for a win.

Please play Bernier next game against the Oilers, easy 2 points, this kid is a gem.

It's gotta be Bernier after posting a shutout no?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Lance Hornby @sunhornby
Maintenance day for Dave Bolland, Franson had stitches but will play Sat. Mike Fisher sent him text last night to mke sure he was OK.

We'll hopefully return the gesture after McLaren introduces himself next time we play them.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
McLaren wouldn't fight Fisher, and even if he would, there's no reason to for this. This was a "**** happens" play.

even carlyle in his post game interview said that it just look like franson was checked hard and there wasnt anything overly dirty about the hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad