Confirmed with Link: Oilers trade Puljujarvi to the Canes for Patrik Puistola

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Jesse gets professional coaching all year long, I am pretty sure these are exactly the things the coaches are putting Jesse to work with. Not everybody learns to shoot like Laine, no matter how much work they put in.
Iif Jesse gets pro coaching all year long, you should be even more worried

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
I noticed you've just been putting laughing emojis or whatever they are called to several messages, including ones I wrote. You've written probably hundreds of messages against JP in the Oilers section as you somehow feel that gets your guy Yamamoto props. I think you should stay there and maybe wonder why your guy has just 20 points when playing in the top 6 with guys like McDacid, Drai, Nuge and Kane through the whole season. It's not like he's been doing better.

Unfortunately Puljujarvi's start in Carolina hasn't been what I hoped, although I wrote it could be tough to turn himself to on mode when there's such a long cold period behind especially if he doesn't manage to score in the beginning. KK had a slow start, but is doing much better now. Puljujarvi may not have as much time to get it going so we'll see where it leads. I'm prepared for anything, including a sudden change for better with a a goal or two and thus higher confidence, a non-productive end of the season and a cheap extension for next year and even a return to Europe.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
For me it looks like Puljujarvi has zero confidence in his own ability to drive offense. The instant he sees an out through a pass or shot he takes it. He has created some nice chances and had plenty of right-place-right-time plays but it hasn't paid off. But largely he plays hot potato with the puck.

Maybe that never changes and he can function as a fine Jesper Fast replacement on the shutdown line. Maybe he can grow into his game more, slow things down and start using the strengths he has. Same thing I'm sure Edmonton fans have said every offseason.
We said it for going on damn 6 years. Enjoy and thank you for giving him a change of scenery. The kid always seemed nice and lovable, but we were so done with waiting.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
We said it for going on damn 6 years. Enjoy and thank you for giving him a change of scenery. The kid always seemed nice and lovable, but we were so done with waiting.
Thankfully there are no high expectations for Puljujarvi in Carolina. Hopefully he re-signs for ~$1.5 million.

If Puljujarvi replaces Jesper Fast as a 30-40 point defensively responsible RW for the 3rd line then that works for us.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm curious what happens first

JP goal
JP Healthy Scratch

8 minus and a minus 1 tonight. I was really hoping it wouldn't go like this! I can't think of a better landing spot for him.

Reactions: Tryamw and cptjeff

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Did he really get benched for almost half the game?

I don't recall him playing in the third period, so probably. To be fair to him though, most of the team sucked for much of that game, so he wasn't necessarily any worse than the rest.

But in a tie game or defending a lead, he's not the guy you want out there too often.

Reactions: Tryamw

Unhinged Finn

Skunk is my spirit animal
May 1, 2022
He had a brutal turnover on the Leafs first goal so it's not really surprising he didn't play much or at all in a close game where Toronto was dominating us offensively.
Here is a replay
dog-fail.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad