Confirmed with Link: Oilers trade Puljujarvi to the Canes for Patrik Puistola

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
Hopefully he does well with you guys, he never really put it together here, but maybe a change of scenery will do him some good.

He’s a good human and I hope you guys will be to able to appreciate him not just off the ice, but on it as well.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Best guess:

To Carolina: Poolparty, 4th
To Edmonton: chance to fight Vegas in the first annual Hurricanes Invitational Future Considerations Deathmatch

wait what the f***, we actually gave up something of marginal value for him?
Says more about what they think of Puistola than anything.

I expect this is nothing more than an audition to see if Poolparty can actually mesh with this team. He might work on the 3rd next to Staal next year if he looks good. For now, he...replaces Stepan?

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I like it, we’ve talked about this a lot on these boards. Seems like a worst case scenario he’s a good role player for us and improved our depth. Best case scenario is he rekindles that Finnish connection with Aho and has a late breakout year. Tho I don’t expect to see him with Aho until next year.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Hopefully he does well with you guys, he never really put it together here, but maybe a change of scenery will do him some good.

He’s a good human and I hope you guys will be to able to appreciate him not just off the ice, but on it as well.

I think he's a good change-of-scenery candidate, honestly. He'll be around more of his Finnish brethren here, and his game might be a fit next to Jordan Staal. We'll see.

Navx94

Sponsor
Jan 17, 2019
Not a bad player actually has been engaged the last few weeks. If he can find his offensive confidence in CAROLINA he’ll be a great pickup for you guys. Defensively and physically he’s on his game! Goodluck

Reactions: hn777 and Daeavorn

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I like it, we’ve talked about this a lot on these boards. Seems like a worst case scenario he’s a good role player for us and improved our depth. Best case scenario is he rekindles that Finnish connection with Aho and has a late breakout year. Tho I don’t expect to see him with Aho until next year.
I don’t expect to see him with Aho anywhere but on the team bus.

So what’s the cap look like now? And how does this help the offense?
This is depth. NHL player in case of injuries so Rees and Drury or god forbid Dzingle have to play in the playoffs.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Puljujarvi's QO is $3 million

He has 14 points this year with minutes next to McDavid

There is a very high % chance that he is not qualified. He would have to show a lot over the next couple months. I don't think he gets that opportunity in crunch time with a new system.

Maybe they think they can sign him to a cheaper deal.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Only criticism I have of this move is if you're going to send anything back for Puljujarvi, why not Coghlan? Still gives the Oilers a little room, more if they send down Coghlan. Or would that not open up any additional space for Carolina?

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I don’t expect to see him with Aho anywhere but on the team bus.

You’re probably right. But I know it would be experimented with in preseason if JP shows signs of solid play in a Canes uniform. Which I understand is a big if.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Only criticism I have of this move is if you're going to send anything back for Puljujarvi, why not Coghlan? Still gives the Oilers a little room, more if they send down Coghlan. Or would that not open up any additional space for Carolina?
I would have liked to have gotten a sweetner to eat 3 million in space but I guess we can’t be greedy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad