Confirmed with Link: Oilers trade Puljujarvi to the Canes for Patrik Puistola

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
tbh Puljujarvi would be a better hockey man if he could both shoot and skate better. Do they have a nice overnight hockey camp we can send him to? Something that might also be fun for the little guy? Surely not mean Mr. Gary Roberts with his icelandic glaciar water.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Some areas need work, but it's not like he hasn't addressed any other areas. In his first NHL years he was big but pretty small on the ice. Now physicality is a strength. His forechecking and backchecking is elite. He's pretty good as a net presence and his career in the Oilers could've been different if there hadn't been Hyman getting (I guess quite understandably) almost all the meaningful PP minutes. On his first years (before Hyman joined the team) he had excellent /60 stats on PP, but so little minutes the sample size is tiny and pretty worthless.

His shooting has rather taken steps back compared to his first two years. But in his first years he had times when he almost missed the puck and I believe McLellan (like many other coaches would do) didn't like those. He then practised to play it more safe, which is working, but at the same time he's scoring at a worse rate. Just my theory. But when his confidence is high many of these things are masked. Still a pretty good start here.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Shit TDL pickup tbh. Just real shit. Cant skate, can't shoot, can't even practice that stuff. Probably forgot where the practice facility was. Just a shit.
con-sordino-1435243790-view-0.jpg

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I had to double-check myself thinking I was in the main-board thread lol

FWIW, if Jesse needs a skating and shooting coach, might as well double-down to get KK some help. And as far as shooting, I'm not sure there's enough coaching in the world to fix these last 3 games...
Don't you guys have ranges or anything in the Americas?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
With a reclamation project hire like Puljujärvi, they should go the whole Stormy and put Teuvo in the 1st line to see if they can wring the maximum out of Aho–TT and Aho–Pulju chemistry. If it doesn't work out, fine, they're still making the playoffs. If it works out, they've got magic at the price of Patrik Puistola.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
@The Faulker 27 I btw wanna stress that the pic I posted in no way was meant to be a "world's smallest violin" reference. I don't know if it is a thing elsewhere but my lot got an idiom about a statement being made "sans sordino". The pic is what I found online on the subject and went along with.

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
You must have forgotten about all the Faulk (and later Pesce) to EDM threads. :laugh: Can't say I blame you though as I try to block them out of my mind as well.
I, for one and after much deliberation, agree with the Edmonton fans and will now acquiesce to the agreed upon trade of Justin Faulk to the Oilers--consider it my Olive Branch...

Reactions: Tryamw and geehaad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad