Confirmed with Link: Oilers trade Puljujarvi to the Canes for Patrik Puistola

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Yes as an Oiler fan, I always had time for JP more so than 99% of the fan base. I can tell you a whole bunch of reasons why it didn’t work in Edmonton from the players fault to player development fail by the club. But at times JP rose above all of that after coming back from Europe. But where I believe he lost his confidence in himself is the time McDavid yelled and screamed at him on the bench for missing a pass when McDavid was winding up. Totally unacceptable as far as I’m concerned. That a captain would embarrass a teammate on TV like that. I realize that McDavid was frustrated by JP’s lack of finish or any kind of offensive production. But leave that for the dressing room . It wasn’t the first time he did something like this to JP in front of a TV audience. So I can imagine it was 100 times worse behind closed doors. Good luck Bison King.

Re-watch it. He (McDavid) was fired up about something and was clearly talking to Glen Gulutzan. It was clear as day. Watch as Puljujarvi lowers his head and McDavid continues looking the exact same place. Hrudey was the one to speculate and was clearly wrong.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I don't get the hate for Pulju. He's not setting the world on fire, no. He's probably overslotted on a lot of our games due to our injuries, yes. At his worst he is a quality 4th liner. The more important thing is he has a lot of solid NHL fundamentals. He is physical, skates well, and has a nose for the net. I'd rather let Pulju play next season on the 4th line with the hope that he could maybe move up if he finds a scoring groove than play Stepan for that same role. Pulju would hardly cost more, and we have tons of cap space.

Agreed. The team needs to get younger and faster to play RBAs system.

That is easiest to do in the bottom 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad