Confirmed with Link: Oilers trade Puljujarvi to the Canes for Patrik Puistola

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
No. He’s been the same player he’s been in Edm. Lots of hustle, good forechecker, sees his teammates well and finds them with the puck, no confidence with the puck or shooting. Had a turnover, hasn’t been productive and the bottom six had been doing very well before he got there so they rotated. He’ll be back in.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Rod also doesn’t like to change the lineup after a win or a good performance in a loss.

big ape

Jan 28, 2011
Edmonton
Yes as an Oiler fan, I always had time for JP more so than 99% of the fan base. I can tell you a whole bunch of reasons why it didn’t work in Edmonton from the players fault to player development fail by the club. But at times JP rose above all of that after coming back from Europe. But where I believe he lost his confidence in himself is the time McDavid yelled and screamed at him on the bench for missing a pass when McDavid was winding up. Totally unacceptable as far as I’m concerned. That a captain would embarrass a teammate on TV like that. I realize that McDavid was frustrated by JP’s lack of finish or any kind of offensive production. But leave that for the dressing room . It wasn’t the first time he did something like this to JP in front of a TV audience. So I can imagine it was 100 times worse behind closed doors. Good luck Bison King.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I hope the lad finds Taylor Swift and can shake it off. Or sweat it off?

If you watch him pre draft he is a different player.

Good luck JP shaking it off and starting anew.

WWKing

Apr 3, 2023
Probably Jesse's best game with the Canes. Showing some promising chemistry with Kotkaniemi and working hard :nod:

“He’s played really well, just hasn’t been rewarded,” Brind’Amour said on the Finnish winger. “Even tonight, he had a couple of good opportunities and hit the post on one. He’s been around it and been making some good plays, so I think it’s just good for him. You do feel better when you contribute on the score sheet so I think you can see the weights lifted off his shoulders. Everyone judges you by your points. That’s not how we do it. He’s been real effective and that line tonight was perhaps our best line out on the ice and he was a big part of it.”

Last edited:

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I don't get the hate for Pulju. He's not setting the world on fire, no. He's probably overslotted on a lot of our games due to our injuries, yes. At his worst he is a quality 4th liner. The more important thing is he has a lot of solid NHL fundamentals. He is physical, skates well, and has a nose for the net. I'd rather let Pulju play next season on the 4th line with the hope that he could maybe move up if he finds a scoring groove than play Stepan for that same role. Pulju would hardly cost more, and we have tons of cap space.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'd rather us go for a guy that's a bottom 6er through and through, knows his role and plays it well. Not a guy that's playing the 4th line because he's failed to contribute significantly in the Top 6 in anywhere he's played.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I'd rather us go for a guy that's a bottom 6er through and through, knows his role and plays it well. Not a guy that's playing the 4th line because he's failed to contribute significantly in the Top 6 in anywhere he's played.
Depends on the players attitude. If he accepts the role JP is a great candidate for bottom six duty. We could really use younger legs in those spots.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I don't get the hate for Pulju. He's not setting the world on fire, no. He's probably overslotted on a lot of our games due to our injuries, yes. At his worst he is a quality 4th liner. The more important thing is he has a lot of solid NHL fundamentals. He is physical, skates well, and has a nose for the net. I'd rather let Pulju play next season on the 4th line with the hope that he could maybe move up if he finds a scoring groove than play Stepan for that same role. Pulju would hardly cost more, and we have tons of cap space.

Depends on the players attitude. If he accepts the role JP is a great candidate for bottom six duty. We could really use younger legs in those spots.

All depends on the contract. If he is a one year, $1.25M contract, I love it. If he is an 8 year, $4.8M contract, I hate it.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Yes as an Oiler fan, I always had time for JP more so than 99% of the fan base. I can tell you a whole bunch of reasons why it didn’t work in Edmonton from the players fault to player development fail by the club. But at times JP rose above all of that after coming back from Europe. But where I believe he lost his confidence in himself is the time McDavid yelled and screamed at him on the bench for missing a pass when McDavid was winding up. Totally unacceptable as far as I’m concerned. That a captain would embarrass a teammate on TV like that. I realize that McDavid was frustrated by JP’s lack of finish or any kind of offensive production. But leave that for the dressing room . It wasn’t the first time he did something like this to JP in front of a TV audience. So I can imagine it was 100 times worse behind closed doors. Good luck Bison King.

I've always hated when star players do this stuff. They take up massive amounts of cap space, then complain about the quality of their teammates.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Good points although I'm somewhat disappointed in his physicality. Given his size I was hoping he would be similar to KK and hit hard in the corners but he just hasn't shown it.

I'm in favor of retention for next year as the staff has demonstrated they got KK to improve tremendously (not discounting the player's efforts to improve as well).

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
All depends on the contract. If he is a one year, $1.25M contract, I love it. If he is an 8 year, $4.8M contract, I hate it.

i have nothing to go on except for the common thought around here that he is an ideal Fast replacement, but how are you feeling if he gets that deal? 3 years, $2million per.

i'd be ok with it, but with the understanding he is here to keep the staal line doing what it does best.(i assume staal stays)

Reactions: MinJaBen

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Ain't no way he will be tendered $4.8M per year. He won't be tended $4.8M total unless it's a 5 year long deal.

This is one of those contracts that is so easy a caveman can do it. He'll get offered one year for a little more than league min but maximum of $1.5M. I'll guess $1.25M, like you put out there. The team will do right by him and offer him an increase or let him talk to other teams if he knocks it out the park next year. But right now he's earned very little. His incentive to sign here is that it's probably the best situation in the league for his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad