Not open for further replies.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Michalek-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Chiasson
Hoffman-Legwand-Stone
Greening-Smith-Neil

Apparently that's how the organization currently sees it.

The Fuhr*

Michalek-Zibanejad-Ryan
Hoffman-Legwand-Stone
Greening-Smith-Neil

Blah... A MacArthur or Ryan injury away from terrible group of wingers

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Michalek-Zibanejad-Ryan
Hoffman-Legwand-Stone
Greening-Smith-Neil

:facepalm:

Dat fourth line...

Zibanejad being thrusted into the first line centre role seems a bit premature as well

Still, if the chemistry is there I don't mind those top three lines: they are all pretty balanced

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Legwand on the wing? No way. He played left wing once in Nashville. He was brought in specifically to be a center. No way.

What? I did not put Legwand in the wing position. What i meant by that post is that either zibanejad or legwand will play center on the 2nd line.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If Stone or Chiassion can go LW

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Stone - Zibanejad - Alfredsson
Michalek - Legwand - Chiasson
Greening - Smith - Neil

I'd rather move Ryan to LW as he's played there before.

MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Ryan - Zib - Alfie
Greening - Smith - Condra

extra: Neil

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I would definitely like Alfredsson back. Obviously just speculation at this point, but it really wouldn't surprise me if he did. I get the feeling he had a bit of a shock when the grass wasn't any greener in Detroit.

It would be a definite win on all levels:
- The Sens would be a stronger team and could really use the veteran leadership.
- Melnyk/Murray would make up for the goofs over the last year.
- Increased fan support.
- Phillips wouldn't have to be captain.
- Alfie repairs his legacy and sets himself up for a job after hockey.

Oh, how we can hope.

It also seems as though Babcock already has one foot out the door too. Not much stability in Detroit as it was one year ago.

Not to mention how many FAs turned down Detroit this summer. The rose is off the bloom.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
What? I did not put Legwand in the wing position. What i meant by that post is that either zibanejad or legwand will play center on the 2nd line.
Oops, saw the slash in the wrong place. Mea culpa.
Stone/Chiasson, Dzingel/Prince, 2nd/Wier/conditional 1st package,
I'm with Fuhr on this one. If we could get Yandle while only giving up one roster asset in Stone/Chia, we would be immediately competitive.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
In that situation the Sens go from a 7-10 seed to fighting for the division

Where would you slot Yandle? I think I would probably put him second pairing RD in the Gonchar role that we were desperately missing last season with 1st PP time, under the assumption he would be comfortable playing RHD considering he's such a talented player. Him and Karlsson on a line sure would be fun to watch though.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Stone and Chaisson don't have the wheels to play their off wing. Ryan has played a lot of LW with Perry and Getzlaf so I'd move him to Zibanejad's LW, with Alfie on the other side. Stone moves to Ryan's RW spot. Legwand centers Chiasson and Michalek.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Stone and Chaisson don't have the wheels to play their off wing. Ryan has played a lot of LW with Perry and Getzlaf so I'd move him to Zibanejad's LW, with Alfie on the other side. Stone moves to Ryan's RW spot. Legwand centers Chiasson and Michalek.

Agreed. So basically what I posted.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
We'd be pushing both Chiasson and Stone down, likely one back to Bingo, for a 42 year old. The idea of Alfie coming back sounds nice from a sentimental standpoint, but I'd rather he stay in Detroit.

Stone is ready to play in the NHL and Chiasson is too. If we're not making a deep cup run this year he might as well stay gone. He still has 17 years of history here which can't be erased.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
We'd be pushing both Chiasson and Stone down, likely one back to Bingo, for a 42 year old. The idea of Alfie coming back sounds nice from a sentimental standpoint, but I'd rather he stay in Detroit.

Stone is ready to play in the NHL and Chiasson is too. If we're not making a deep cup run this year he might as well stay gone. He still has 17 years of history here which can't be erased.

All we'd have to do is trade Condra.

MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Ryan - Zibanejad - Alfredsson
Greening - Smith - Neil
Hoffman

Ryan played LW primarily in Anaheim. If he doesn't want to play his off-wing, I'm sure Stone/Chiasson could pull it off.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I don't see why you need more wheels to play your off wing.

It's more difficult to protect the puck on your off wing and get off passes, generally players use their speed to off set that and get some separation AND/OR have a rocket of a wrist shot to fall back onto if there's no other play. Can you name me another successful player who compares to Stone or Chiasson who currently play on their off wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad