Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

spam-serious-seats.jpg

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
New lotto format. There is always hope.
Especially if the league lotto is as rigged as I believe it to be.

There's no way the lottery is rigged, because there is no way anyone in the league would be stupid enough to give Edmonton as many 1st overall picks as they did.

If it were rigged, those picks would have gone to U.S. teams, to "grow the game".

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
There's no way the lottery is rigged, because there is no way anyone in the league would be stupid enough to give Edmonton as many 1st overall picks as they did.

If it were rigged, those picks would have gone to U.S. teams, to "grow the game".

Edmonton is the only surviving WHA team. Trying to bring back the city of champions :laugh:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, we already have enough "Berglunds" on this team. Don't want another, especially since he's getting the Stewart treatment from the fans down there. When you have the same name appearing in most fans trade proposals to move out, you know that's exactly the kind of guy we don't want.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Yeah, we already have enough "Berglunds" on this team. Don't want another, especially since he's getting the Stewart treatment from the fans down there. When you have the same name appearing in most fans trade proposals to move out, you know that's exactly the kind of guy we don't want.

Berglund is a proven 20 goal scorer

Macarthur, Turris, Ryan, Michalek

those are the only proven 20 goal scorers we have on this team.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

How about a proven 30-40 goal scorer. I'd think we were going after one of those beauties.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

A proven 20 goal scorer only sets up for mediocrity. We need top end talent. A guy who can score 25+ while being a big factor in other areas of the game.

Berglund is a proven 20 goal scorer who hasn't hit the mark in 4 years. While being very inconsistent.

Unless we can get him for a 2nd+small prospect, why bother?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

But, do you want to give up a guy like Lazar, or our first rounder in 2015 to get that 20-goal scorer? Any team that talks to us will be looking for one (if not both) of those assets for any player we ask for. That's the problem.

I seriously doubt we get any kind of deal done this summer for a legitimate top 6 guy without giving up at least one of our two prized (future) assets.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
But, do you want to give up a guy like Lazar, or our first rounder in 2015 to get that 20-goal scorer? Any team that talks to us will be looking for one (if not both) of those assets for any player we ask for. That's the problem.

I seriously doubt we get any kind of deal done this summer for a legitimate top 6 guy without giving up at least one of our two prized (future) assets.

I disagree.

Silfverberg, 1st, Noesen landed 25 year old 4 time 30 goal Ryan.

We caved in and made the 2nd to first rounder as well.

40 goal PPG 26 year old James Neal signed to long contract on excellent cap hit returned 50 point Hornqivst+3rd liner.

Silfverberg, 2nd, Noesen is much more comparable to Stone, 2nd, Puempel/Dzingel

We can still get a very good player without including our 1st or Lazar. What I don't get, is why you mentioned those 2 assets for a quote relating to Berglund.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
What do you guys think lazar's potential is? Personally i see him as a gritty 20 goal scorer in his bet years. Kinda fisher like intensity. I think i'd includ him in a package for a legit young 30 g man. Best bet is to wait and see what we have in this first wave of young players. For all we know Stone, Hoffman and Chiasson could be legit top 6ers in the NHL.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
A proven 20 goal scorer only sets up for mediocrity. We need top end talent. A guy who can score 25+ while being a big factor in other areas of the game.

Berglund is a proven 20 goal scorer who hasn't hit the mark in 4 years. While being very inconsistent.

Unless we can get him for a 2nd+small prospect, why bother?

agreed but i think we also need depth

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

it would take nothing close to lazar

but i dont think they would move him at this point

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
What do you guys think lazar's potential is? Personally i see him as a gritty 20 goal scorer in his bet years. Kinda fisher like intensity. I think i'd includ him in a package for a legit young 30 g man. Best bet is to wait and see what we have in this first wave of young players. For all we know Stone, Hoffman and Chiasson could be legit top 6ers in the NHL.
I've said this before somewhere in terms of his left hook but I also see Lazar as having Mike Fisher's potential in his overall body and game style. He's still a kid but that's what I see in his future.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Lazar's effect on the rest of the team on and off the ice may prove invaluable.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

I see 30 goal guy in Lazar during his prime. His IQ is brilliant. Fisher never really had terrific IQ. He was just a hard-working 2 way player who kept it simple with great shot and tunnel vision.

agreed but i think we also need depth

Definitely agree with you there. I'd acquire Berglund as last possible resort. If it costs too much though, I'd rather just roll the young guys.

I have great faith in Stone and hopefully Chiasson can break through.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Lazar has everything but playmaking and hands. Not that they are bad. If he can improve on those enough and develops properly, I think he can be a 60-70 point player. So I'd say thats his potential.

I consider ceiling and potential the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad