Offseason Thread vol. XII - "Stop filling thread with spam posts" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Kirikk Kabanov on unconditional waivers with the Isles... turns out everyone was right when he slid from being a surefire top-5 pick to an unceremonious 3rd rounder? What a fall.

Hasn't he had some major injury concerns as well? It's not surprising though. He was skilled but in a Rob Schremp way, not Crosby way.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Hasn't he had some major injury concerns as well? It's not surprising though. He was skilled but in a Rob Schremp way, not Crosby way.

Crosby is blessed with tremendous work ethic and hockey sense more than anything. I suppose that's what you mean.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I'm not one to normally spread things from the rumour mill, but I now have two friends who are part of the group who often socializes with Alfie over the years (mostly through the Royal Ottawa Golf club) who have separately said that Alfie might be coming back to Ottawa this season.

Now, I know he said he wants to be back in Detroit or bust back in June before free agency, and that he was just waiting to get healthy before confirming he will be back with the Wings (which I stated to both friends), but both said that Alfie is definitely considering coming back to Ottawa. This might have something to do with his subsequent conversations with Detroit since free agency (perhaps they are moving on?). Alfie might also be watching Lebron announcement, and doing some soul searching himself on whether to hold a grudge against Melnyk, that he will regret later.

This might be one of the deals Murray alluded too. Or it might just be Alfie NOT telling his golf buddies he isn't coming back to Ottawa for sure, leading to them speculating. But these are good buds of his, so I was more than a bit surprised by this.

Not sure if this rumour has been circulated around here lately or not, but seems to be gaining steam in certain inner circles here in Ottawa.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Enters thread & reads opinion that Crosby doesn't have ridiculous skill...

abe-simpson-o.gif

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Meh

I wish it ended on a better note but I'm over Alfredsson honestly

I wouldn't be angry about him coming back but I wouldn't be happy about it either

It had to end eventually and it did, let's move on

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Disagree that Crosby has ridiculous skill?

I've always thought of Crosby as being on the verge of elite at everything,

For example, his skating is very good, but there are lots of guys better.

His shot is very good, but there a plenty better out there.

His puck skills are very good, but again, there are better out there.

The whole package imo is enough to be considered ridiculous skill, there isn't really that one attribute that you can say makes him the best.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Meh

I wouldn't be angry about him coming back but I wouldn't be happy about it either

i think it would be a much better ending to have him here for his last year and say a proper goodbye while helping the team on and off the ice before transitioning into a management/office position.

i'd be excited for it. not holding my breath though

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Meh

I'd like him back to have a role within the org, but am ambivalent about having him on the roster.

I think it would be great PR if he came back; and would take away a lot of the talk about players wanting out.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I'm not one to normally spread things from the rumour mill, but I now have two friends who are part of the group who often socializes with Alfie over the years (mostly through the Royal Ottawa Golf club) who have separately said that Alfie might be coming back to Ottawa this season.

Now, I know he said he wants to be back in Detroit or bust back in June before free agency, and that he was just waiting to get healthy before confirming he will be back with the Wings (which I stated to both friends), but both said that Alfie is definitely considering coming back to Ottawa. This might have something to do with his subsequent conversations with Detroit since free agency (perhaps they are moving on?). Alfie might also be watching Lebron announcement, and doing some soul searching himself on whether to hold a grudge against Melnyk, that he will regret later.

This might be one of the deals Murray alluded too. Or it might just be Alfie NOT telling his golf buddies he isn't coming back to Ottawa for sure, leading to them speculating. But these are good buds of his, so I was more than a bit surprised by this.

Not sure if this rumour has been circulated around here lately or not, but seems to be gaining steam in certain inner circles here in Ottawa.

giphy.gif

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com

In a heartbeat I'd take him back...the club could use the good karma...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I'd take him back in a second.

The Fuhr*

I've always thought of Crosby as being on the verge of elite at everything,

For example, his skating is very good, but there are lots of guys better.

His shot is very good, but there a plenty better out there.

His puck skills are very good, but again, there are better out there.

The whole package imo is enough to be considered ridiculous skill, there isn't really that one attribute that you can say makes him the best.

Crosby has an incredible worth ethic to go along with his skill level.

Crosby reminds me of Forsberg so much when I watch him... Minus the physicality... But Crosby us crazy good working the cycle so he's not soft

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON

Fascinating, thanks for sharing. Being a long-time poster, I can certainly attest to the fact that you do not come on these boards to spread rumours. I for one hope this is true - the franchise certainly needs to earn some goodwill from its fan base after this past year. There could be fairly significant tax consequences should Alfie decide to come back to Canada within 2 years of leaving...but I suspect that his wife and family would fully support coming back to Ottawa. Very interesting.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
I would definitely like Alfredsson back. Obviously just speculation at this point, but it really wouldn't surprise me if he did. I get the feeling he had a bit of a shock when the grass wasn't any greener in Detroit.

It would be a definite win on all levels:
- The Sens would be a stronger team and could really use the veteran leadership.
- Melnyk/Murray would make up for the goofs over the last year.
- Increased fan support.
- Phillips wouldn't have to be captain.
- Alfie repairs his legacy and sets himself up for a job after hockey.

Oh, how we can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad