Speculation: Offseason Thread #7. We will hit thread #8 before Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Said it just a while ago that EDM would have to trade one of their guys at $.60 on the $1.00 and they did... literally... Man I was expecting RNH and not Hall.

Crap return for one of their good players. Maybe he was a part of the problem. Who knows... EDM media reported that he wasn't a good leader or teammate.

Problem is he got traded to NJ.

Subban getting traded is not a surprise to me as much as others. Talk was Bergevin was dangling him and had ownership approval to move him. EDM and MTL were talking about a trade.

Weber waiving his No-Move is the surprise... he was hosed big time in the playoffs.... too many minutes syndrome. NSH gets the better player. Weber slows down towards the end of every year... great player... but too many minutes.

Hall goes from Subban level talks to Larrsen. At least Adam is cost controlled. A good player, perhaps even a top pair guy with the right partner... but NJ got a steal.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
No chance with a sign and trade with Stamkos, right? He's staying in TB, no? Sorry my fellow Rangers addicts. Been out of the loop a bit lately, last thing I heard was a sign and trade as a possibility. Assuming that's not happening now, but just wanted to double check,

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Said it just a while ago that EDM would have to trade one of their guys at $.60 on the $1.00 and they did... literally... Man I was expecting RNH and not Hall.

Crap return for one of their good players. Maybe he was a part of the problem. Who knows... EDM media reported that he wasn't a good leader or teammate.

Problem is he got traded to NJ.

Subban getting traded is not a surprise to me as much as others. Talk was Bergevin was dangling him and had ownership approval to move him. EDM and MTL were talking about a trade.

Weber waiving his No-Move is the surprise... he was hosed big time in the playoffs.... too many minutes syndrome. NSH gets the better player. Weber slows down towards the end of every year... great player... but too many minutes.

Hall goes from Subban level talks to Larrsen. At least Adam is cost controlled. A good player, perhaps even a top pair guy with the right partner... but NJ got a steal.

I expected Subban to be traded, I didn't expect him to be traded for THAT

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
if that's the criteria then "nearly" is disingenuous, it's far more likely to be in excess.

It's meaningless if it is or isn't and shouldn't even be part of the discussion about his often-reported locker room issues. On no planet has charitable contributions ever determined whether someone is an ******* or not.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

I don't disagree that NJ got a steal, but they've effectively gone from bad offensively and mediocre defensively to mediocre offensively and terrible defensively. That team is still a mess.

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
What pisses me off the most is we still don't know which direction this organization is heading. Not a single significant move has been made.

PH - I wouldn't worry yet - these 3 transactions today will get the ball rolling. Also keep in mind there was a resigning and player for player swaps. The moves the Rangers potentially could be making could potentially include draft picks and prospects. I understand but today, things started to take shapre around the league. Stamkos' signing now means there are teams out there with cap space that can take on contracts.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Nash for prospects/pick/ young defenseman and then Staal for RNH/Eberle would be my dream come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad